BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#168313 - 06/27/12 10:28 AM Re: Brunswick NEXXXUS [Re: charliexx]
charliexx Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 37/Male/Riyadh Saudi Arabia
My Ulti Max went well last night I just had to roll and rev it a bit harder than my Vivid but the strikes it gives is like tank hitting I've always felt that as my layout is almost the same on my Vivid and Ulti Max besides the gravity hole but the Ulti Max hits stronger and less deflection than my Vivid....and by the way they are the same 15 high but the Ulti feels heavier for me I don't know why really.
Storm Natural / Invasion
Roto Grip Berserk / Defiant Soul
All 14.3lbs - and not even a Storm staffer yet :-)

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#168316 - 06/27/12 11:25 AM Re: Brunswick NEXXXUS [Re: Joe Bowler]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
Originally Posted By: Joe Bowler
Most bowlers would be advised not to get stuck in a one brand only rut. Unless you are getting paid to roll a certain brand, why not choose the best of breed for each ball in your arsenal?

My comment to that, while I don't disagree, is that I don't know if a lot of bowlers that have the knowledge or desire to research multiple brands and it's a lot easier to stay within one brand that has designed step downs with different balls and ball lines. Especially with cover technology what one brand defines as a mid level or high end may not be the same for other brands. Brunswick and Storm have much more aggressive heavy oil covers then EBI and Track for example. Also the sheer number of new releases can be daunting, BJI said there was over 120 new releases last year.

#168318 - 06/27/12 11:42 AM Re: Brunswick NEXXXUS [Re: B-Hammer]
Joe Bowler Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
Quote:
it's a lot easier to stay within one brand that has designed step downs with different balls and ball lines

Sure, if you buy all of your equipment at the same time, and do not intend to replace it any time soon. But, if you are looking to update your equipment year to year, there is no guarantee the latest, greatest ball from Brand X is going to be an improvement, or fit neatly into your arsenal.

For example, a few years ago I was rolling primarily Roto Grip equipment. I thought the Cell Pearl was the best ball ever, and naturally expected Roto to continue manufacturing it, or make a better ball. Instead, they made a different ball, perhaps better for some, but not for me. I tried a few other balls in their new lineup, with less and less success, and gradually became less enthusiastic about the brand. Ever wonder what happened to Wes Malott after his tremendous run the year he was rolling the Cell Pearl? Check out his career statistics after 2008. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wes_Malott.

I have also tried Visionary equipment (even became a test staffer), and liked a few of their pieces, but not every ball in their lineup was a star performer, either. I had a nice run last year rolling predominantly Hammer equipment. But, it had more to do with one ball, the Infection, rather than the entire brand. That ball is no longer available this year, and unfortunately, I could not find an equivalent replacement in their new lineup.

So, what's a bowler to do? I say invest a few dollars in research and get the best equipment for your game, regardless of brand.
House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

#168836 - 07/17/12 05:22 PM Re: Brunswick NEXXXUS [Re: Joe Bowler]
lakredrai Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/vancouver, wa, usa
I picked up a c-system alpha max for a good price. anyone try this ball ?
Columbia Freeze
Columbia White Dot

#169800 - 08/13/12 05:57 AM Re: Brunswick NEXXXUS [Re: charliexx]
Joe Bowler Offline

The first review I have seen of the Nexxxus:
http://tamerbowling.com/index.php/brunswick-nexxxus-fps-bowling-ball-review-digitrax/

Comments include:
- The Triple X is a beast and easily the best of the Nexus balls to date.
- clean look up front, a consistent read in the midlane, and a powerful move on the backend
- ...high entry angles... The Nexxxus f(P+S) blew that out of the water

Digitrax showed the tester generating 8-9 degrees of entry angle! I still want to see BTM's review, but I am getting excited about adding a Nexxxus to my arsenal.

#169803 - 08/13/12 09:53 AM Re: Brunswick NEXXXUS [Re: charliexx]
dgordon0408 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 17/M/Deltona Florida
I threw the [censored] yesterday along with the hellraiser terror, and let me tell you, these balls are amazing, at the start of the shift i was playing 17 out to 10 and at the end of the shift i was playing 25 out to 12 and i couldnt stop striking, these balls hook, and the majority of it in the back, i think its the next ball ill be getting with the [censored], i also threw other companies equipment and was not impressed really, i think my fall arsenal is gonna be something like Revenge, [censored],maxxed out, marauder, versa max, victory road, and maybe another one or two
Storm Marvel Pearl @1500 polish
Roto Grip shatter @1500 polish
Storm Victory Road Pearl @ lite 4000
Brunswick versa max @ 1000

#169814 - 08/13/12 01:35 PM Re: Brunswick NEXXXUS [Re: charliexx]
Joe Bowler Offline

Additional reviewer comments about Brunswick/Nexxxus:
"Brunswick seems to have definitively moved to balls with much more backend. This ball (Maxxed Out) and the Nexxxus f(P+S) have blown the old hook and set reputation of the Big B right out of the water."

#169878 - 08/16/12 05:55 AM Re: Brunswick NEXXXUS [Re: charliexx]
Joe Bowler Offline

The BTM review for the Nexxxus is now available. They gave the ball a 17.5 Back End rating, and 54 Total Hook rating along with lots of positive comments. The strong pearl cover surprised the reviewers with its traction through the oil. Sounds like a fine ball, but the entry angle for Stroker on the medium pattern was 4.65, a couple of degrees less than the VersaMax (7!). So for my game, the VersaMax remains the premier butt-kicking ball for the upcoming season.

#169884 - 08/16/12 08:35 AM Re: Brunswick NEXXXUS [Re: Joe Bowler]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Originally Posted By: Joe Bowler
Additional reviewer comments about Brunswick/Nexxxus:
"Brunswick seems to have definitively moved to balls with much more backend. This ball (Maxxed Out) and the Nexxxus f(P+S) have blown the old hook and set reputation of the Big B right out of the water."

Old Bruns balls had a hook and set reputation. But, not this ball. The back end is very strong. I think I'll see a lot of this ball. As a Summer Ball League just ended last week at the local Bruns Center. And, talking with the Pro Shop guy, 75% of the bowlers are getting this ball as their choice. I'm already seeng them in practice and can see an immediate difference between bowlers with this ball.

Bowlers who come up from behind the ball at release are experiencing the full value of the ball. Those with more of a 90 egree release are seeing the ball fail to finish, but just spin.

Just Tuesday morning, I bowled next to a 180 average stroker, and he was hitting the pocket at will. In fact, ran 10 strikes in a row for his very first time ever. As long as he held the line, his ball finished like a pro. But, the ball was not very fogiving as it seeme that 1 board left or right left him with 10 pins when light or nasty splits when it dove. Yeah, you coul say this with any ball, but in his words, he had to be more exact with the ball. I would assume a 180-190 bowler would have the same experience.

Keeping the ball for its max of 8-9 Degree entry angle will be difficult for some. Oh, that bowler shot a 267 an came back with a 147. That will be the impact on the less accurate bowlers.

Edited by Dennis Michael (08/16/12 08:49 AM)
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#169916 - 08/16/12 09:47 PM Re: Brunswick NEXXXUS [Re: charliexx]
Mark B Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 37 M Rochester NY
I am just finishing up a summer touch shot league and I get a ball at the end. I opted for a versa-max over the Nexxxus. I already have an original nexus and like it a lot, i dont see a reason to goto a nexxxus yet. I will say the nexus solid i have SOAKS up oil, but it comes back after I put it in my oven.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - Yesterday at 07:42 AM
Plastic or Urethane?
by LindaDelcamp - 11/12/19 03:19 PM
Good morning everyone...
by Mkirchie - 11/10/19 09:52 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.