BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#168203 - 06/23/12 08:34 AM Brunswick NEXXXUS
charliexx Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 37/Male/Riyadh Saudi Arabia
Anybody excited about this? any insigths idea how this would perform than the Nexxus (2X only)

http://www.bowlwithbrunswick.com/balls/detail/nexxxus-f-ps/
Storm Natural / Invasion
Roto Grip Berserk / Defiant Soul
All 14.3lbs - and not even a Storm staffer yet :-)

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#168206 - 06/23/12 10:31 AM Re: Brunswick NEXXXUS [Re: charliexx]
Joe Bowler Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
I am excited that Brunswick gives the ball an off-the-chart angular rating. I will be anxious to see the ball reviewed by Bowling This Month, along with some comparison video. I think it would be tough to beat the VersaMax for entry angle, but the pearl coverstock and asymmetric core of the Nexxxus just might do it.
House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

#168283 - 06/26/12 03:33 PM Re: Brunswick NEXXXUS [Re: charliexx]
lakredrai Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/vancouver, wa, usa
every bruswick ball seems to roll the same, it is weird. it is like they just keep releasing the same ball and renaming it. has anyone else had this issue with brunswick or am I trippen ?
Columbia Freeze
Columbia White Dot

#168287 - 06/26/12 07:13 PM Re: Brunswick NEXXXUS [Re: lakredrai]
Joe Bowler Offline

Originally Posted By: lakredrai
every bruswick ball seems to roll the same, it is weird. it is like they just keep releasing the same ball and renaming it. has anyone else had this issue with brunswick or am I trippen ?

You're trippin'. smile

Check this out...http://tamerbowling.com/index.php/brunswick-c-system-versa-max-bowling-ball-review/. Scroll down and look at the chart comparing recent Brunswick releases. Then watch the comparison video. Still not convinced? Grab the March 2012 issue of Bowling This Month and look at the entry angle stats for the VersaMax. Still not convinced? Watch the 2012 PBA Tournament of Champions and see what Sean Rash (also PBA Player of the Year) and Ryan Ciminelli are rolling.

Granted, it has been a loooong time since I have rolled Brunswick equipment myself, but I am becoming a believer.

#168289 - 06/26/12 07:37 PM Re: Brunswick NEXXXUS [Re: Joe Bowler]
lakredrai Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/vancouver, wa, usa
sounds like I should give brunswick another shot.
Columbia Freeze
Columbia White Dot

#168291 - 06/26/12 10:05 PM Re: Brunswick NEXXXUS [Re: charliexx]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
To me Brunswick's stuff just begins to read the lane too early, with my game anyways. I have a lot of issue with it rolling out and I scored really low any time I put one of their pieces in my hand. Other bowlers might be the opposite though and find Storm/Columbia stuff to be too long and too angular.

I will just add a little bragging comment, Storm did take home 14 titles this year on the National Tour, just saying.... LOL!

Brunswick did get one though, all thanks to Rash having one of the best seasons ever for a PBA player. No doubt the equipment worked well for him or he wouldn't have made the finals in 6-7 shows this year.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#168295 - 06/27/12 01:04 AM Re: Brunswick NEXXXUS [Re: charliexx]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
For a bit more length look at their DV8 stuff. The new version of the Hell Raiser looks very stormish in the reaction. They also have a hybrid cover in the dv8 line for the first time.

#168296 - 06/27/12 01:16 AM Re: Brunswick NEXXXUS [Re: charliexx]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
I believe Machuga already announced that there was no Hybrid in the plans as of now for DV8, where did you see they are releasing one? If they are I just want to be sure because one of my friends throws DV8 and I just told him about the Machuga comments I read.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#168302 - 06/27/12 03:33 AM Re: Brunswick NEXXXUS [Re: sk8shorty01]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
Originally Posted By: sk8shorty01
I believe Machuga already announced that there was no Hybrid in the plans as of now for DV8, where did you see they are releasing one? If they are I just want to be sure because one of my friends throws DV8 and I just told him about the Machuga comments I read.

I first saw it posted on bowling chat that the marauder was a hybrid And that's also what bowlingball-com has for it (unreliable I know) and bowling-com.

#168303 - 06/27/12 04:12 AM Re: Brunswick NEXXXUS [Re: sk8shorty01]
Joe Bowler Offline

Quote:
To me Brunswick's stuff just begins to read the lane too early, with my game anyways. I have a lot of issue with it rolling out and I scored really low any time I put one of their pieces in my hand. Other bowlers might be the opposite though and find Storm/Columbia stuff to be too long and too angular.

My guess is, since you are a Storm staffer, that it has been a long time since you have rolled any Brunswick equipment? I don't know exactly when things may have changed, since I had not rolled Brunswick in a long time either, but the VersaMax is a standout ball in terms of length, angularity, and backend. Bowling This Month rated it 7+ degrees of entry angle for Stroker, and even higher for Cranker.

No Storm piece I have seen reviewed comes close to that. Speaking of rollout, nothing tops Storm's Nano Pearl. That ball was lucky to get 6 games of my undivided attention before finding its way to Salvation Army. But, I do love my Storm Natural Pearl. And, I was interested in the Modern Marvel...until I read that it has trouble with carrydown. I have tried other Storm balls (ex: Virtual Energy, Tropical Storm, Polar Ice) and what characterized them the most was not length or angularity, but unpredictability.

Most bowlers would be advised not to get stuck in a one brand only rut. Unless you are getting paid to roll a certain brand, why not choose the best of breed for each ball in your arsenal? Unless the new Brunwick Nexxxus somehow tops the VersaMax, I expect it to be a Ball of the Year candidate. I can hardly wait to roll it next season, and look forward to setting a new Virtual League average record here with it. wink

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Arthritis?
by 82Boat69 - 12/12/19 09:43 PM
Friends made a dumb bet
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:50 PM
Difference between shammy & microfiber towel
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:49 PM
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.