BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#171457 - 09/25/12 10:05 PM In a pickle, I think thats how Gpa used to say it.
Rocket Jr Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 18/M/Ohio
I had a new Frantic and Cross road drilled up, the driller had me throw them and they felt weird and I could not hook either. So I grabbed my Nano and throw it and I knew right away the span was way off on the new ones! To long the bottom of the holes barley came to the bottom of my finger nails.

He asked me what was wrong and I told him the spans were way off, and he gives me a look like I am nuts then I show him at this point I am upset I have been scrimping and scraping to buy these balls and they need plugged already. Before I knew it I asked how this happened since he had my other equipment and measured me ,apparently with a mouthy tone. So he gets angry although he tried not to show it. The problem is he owns the house I bowl in bends over backwards having people spot spares for me and rarely charges me to bowl, but at the time I am thinking its like getting two new cars and they are dented already because the lot wrecked them delivering them. I wanted to ask for brand new balls drilled correctly but like I mentioned he does bend over backwards for me so I am not sure what to do. I know dad isn't happy but told me to handle it how I see fit.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#171462 - 09/26/12 01:25 AM Re: In a pickle, I think thats how Gpa used to say it. [Re: Rocket Jr]
champ Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 30/M/AZ
If I were in your shoes, I'd have them plugged and re-drilled. It might not look pretty, but they aren't ruined (unless you can't used plugged equipment in the tournaments you bowl.) Considering how much the guy does for you, I wouldn't want to ruin the relationship. Part of why you are as successful as you are is undoubdetly owed to this man.

That's just my opinion, and I can certainly see why you are upset, but keep things in perspective.

#171463 - 09/26/12 01:52 AM Re: In a pickle, I think thats how Gpa used to say it. [Re: Rocket Jr]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 45 m
What Champ said, spot on...

It certainly is a pickle..It's like going into business with a friend or family member, when something goes wrong, there is that weird and uncomfortable feeling between u..

On a side note, Champ u mentioned that u can't use replugged balls in tournaments (or some possibly), what is the reasoning behind that may I ask? Apologise for my ignorance in advance.

#171465 - 09/26/12 02:05 AM Re: In a pickle, I think thats how Gpa used to say it. [Re: Rocket Jr]
vgnano420 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 25/m/mi
That sucks man, but it might all work out in the end. Maybe, free drilling, ball oven, resurface, balls for cost. Who knows but things usually work themselves out.

If Bowling is a Sport, I'm an Athlete!

#171466 - 09/26/12 06:44 AM Re: In a pickle, I think thats how Gpa used to say it. [Re: vgnano420]
Rocket Jr Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 18/M/Ohio
Yeah you are right and now that I am over the initial shock I plan on apologizing tonight. I am sure he felt awful and probably embarrassed that he made the mistake.

like I mentioned he takes good care of me otherwise and even travels to a lot of my tournaments just to watch me bowl. I am sure I have made one or two mistakes in my life myself lol.

#171470 - 09/26/12 08:07 AM Re: In a pickle, I think thats how Gpa used to say it. [Re: looseleftie]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Originally Posted By: looseleftie
It certainly is a pickle..It's like going into business with a friend or family member, when something goes wrong, there is that weird and uncomfortable feeling between u..
On a side note, Champ u mentioned that u can't use replugged balls in tournaments (or some possibly), what is the reasoning behind that may I ask? Apologise for my ignorance in advance.

Unless it's changed recently, I believe the PBA has a rule that if a ball is plugged it must be done with clear plug, no color additives. I guess that way they can try to see if anything has been added to the ball to influence the dynamics of the ball. I've never heard of a tournament completely banning plugged balls though.
HS:763

#171473 - 09/26/12 10:07 AM Re: In a pickle, I think thats how Gpa used to say it. [Re: Rocket Jr]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 45 m
Cheers Calvin..

Rocket Jr, mate, I am impressed with your attitude, u certainly come across as a real decent teenager... It's refreshing to think that all is not lost with your generation, which can often get some bad press!.. Good on you, and your Dad for raising you with honesty and humility.
Respect!!

#171474 - 09/26/12 10:31 AM Re: In a pickle, I think thats how Gpa used to say it. [Re: Rocket Jr]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
This happened to me once with my favorite Pro Shop. I had purchased a number of balls from them. Then, I relaxed my grip, and had my balls plugged and redrilled.

When it came time for a new ball, the ball drilled went off my specs in the Pro Shop computer. But, they were never changed to my relaxed fit. The ball was drilled wrong, and it was their fault.

After a brief, calm discussion, the pro guy remeasured an older, recently plugged ball and my new ball, and realized his error. He didn't offer to plug, but gave me a brand new ball.

If it truly was his error, he should make amends.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#171476 - 09/26/12 12:08 PM Re: In a pickle, I think thats how Gpa used to say it. [Re: Dennis Michael]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
Thanks Loose, my wife and I are very fortunate to have very level headed children. Jordan is right the Pro Shop guy is pretty much like family and I have to admit at first I was pretty upset as I knew how hard Jordan had worked to earn the money to buy the equipment and have it ready for tournament season. As a parent seeing your child be that upset sometimes is hard to not step in. But I checked myself, realizing he is 16 now and he needs to figure out how to handle these situations on his own. And like the rest of our family here I am proud of how he decided to do it.
Mutant Cell

#171561 - 09/28/12 07:46 PM Re: In a pickle, I think thats how Gpa used to say it. [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Originally Posted By: Calvin Pistorio
Originally Posted By: looseleftie

Unless it's changed recently, I believe the PBA has a rule that if a ball is plugged it must be done with clear plug, no color additives. I guess that way they can try to see if anything has been added to the ball to influence the dynamics of the ball. I've never heard of a tournament completely banning plugged balls though.

The PBA used to not allow plug at all, that rule changed a while back to only allow clear plug. Recently (I believe last tour season) it was again modified to allow all plug to be ok.

11.8 Plugged Equipment. Plugging material may be used in accordance with current USBC
specifications. No foreign matter may be placed within the plug area and all equipment shall otherwise
comply will PBA regulations. Penalties shall be assessed per season.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 02:32 PM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 09/23/18 10:56 AM
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 09/12/18 08:37 AM
For the good of the sport?
by Dennis Michael - 09/07/18 04:48 AM
End of Days
by steveA - 09/05/18 04:25 PM
Off-Spot Rule and Pinspotter Operation Question
by BOSStull - 09/01/18 06:43 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.