BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#170529 - 08/31/12 05:13 PM Re: TEAM 5 [Re: metguy]
metguy Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 46/m/waverly iowa
I was just checking out that sigma tour ball. I was wondering, what is it about this ball you hope to see? I've been looking at some reactives myself, debating plus's and negatives.

This season: HG-289 HS-685
Career #'s : HG-299 HS-782

Arsonal: Heat (Pearl), 2Fast, Blue Hammer, Raptor P7, Fire Road

TRANSITIONING TO MOTIV EQUIPMENT
(CCWBRA)

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#170530 - 08/31/12 05:45 PM Re: TEAM 5 [Re: metguy]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 51/M/Virginia Beach, VA
The Motiv stuff caught my eye, too. I like what I see of just about all of it.
I'm still a Storm guy, though, and there's an open house here in a few weeks. They're supposed to have the Lucid here, as well as all the other recent releases, too. I picked up a Nano Pearl because of the last open house, and haven't really gotten as much use out of it as I would like, but I'll run into a condition where it works eventually.

Bowl up a Storm!

#170532 - 08/31/12 06:46 PM Re: TEAM 5 [Re: metguy]
metguy Offline
Legend

Here is the updated team name suggestions. I added a couple but bumped the rest to this post. So far, here's the choices. We've been Framed, No lane No gain, Off Constantly, Pay up, The Searchers, and Floor em'.

Feel free to add to the list or vote on one you may like. I'll be bumping it every couple days with any add-ins.

(CCWBRA)

#170643 - 09/03/12 08:21 PM Re: TEAM 5 [Re: metguy]
metguy Offline
Legend

Originally Posted By: metguy
Here is the updated team name suggestions. I added a couple but bumped the rest to this post. So far, here's the choices. We've been Framed, No lane No gain, Off Constantly, Pay up, The Searchers, and Floor em'.

Feel free to add to the list or vote on one you may like. I'll be bumping it every couple days with any add-ins.

Adding "Half a Rack" and "5 inches means alot".

Edited by metguy (09/03/12 08:22 PM)

(CCWBRA)

#170668 - 09/04/12 04:23 PM Re: TEAM 5 [Re: metguy]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

One team last year had this as their team name-

( . Y . )

Thought that was pretty funny...

Bowl up a Storm!

#170671 - 09/04/12 05:53 PM Re: TEAM 5 [Re: metguy]
metguy Offline
Legend

Packing the Columbia Omen tonight. I want to get another look at the Heat Pearl but hoping to get a throw or two in with the Omen. Thursday night league kicks off this week and my plans are to throw the Omen on thursdays and Heat on tuesdays. Of course, shot pending...Just keeping it simple tonight.

(CCWBRA)

#170680 - 09/04/12 11:04 PM Re: TEAM 5 [Re: metguy]
metguy Offline
Legend

Well, that was horrible, LOL. Started out with the left lane flooded,no-one could get any reaction at all. A couple pair down had the same problem. Pretty interesting how one pair can be oiled fairly well and then the next not, then ok again, then not. Anyway, the lanes were re-oiled and it was fine but it pushed us 1/2 later into the night. Overall, they were light with the oil and the only ball i could use was the Heat. Shot a 211-179-183 for a 573 or something.

2 blown frames each game with 1 split (7-10). I gotta clean up the easy misses. Looking forwards to thursday night now and hopefully some better scoring...

(CCWBRA)

#170688 - 09/05/12 08:40 AM Re: TEAM 5 [Re: metguy]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

That's normally an issue with putting open play on every other lane before league starts. You end up with that kind of mismatch more often than not. One league starts for me tonight, my other one starts Thursday. Different centers, so I'm looking at using the Vertigo tonight, and whatever works Thursday.

Bowl up a Storm!

#170690 - 09/05/12 09:08 AM Re: TEAM 5 [Re: metguy]
metguy Offline
Legend

Okay, check this out. We bowl the first frame and draw the good lane. We all mark and the other team has 3 opens on the bad lane. We then start the second frame and my leadoff bowler leaves a 1-2-8 but somehow the rack knocks over the 1. We call in and request the 1 pin get reset with the remaining 2-8. We wait, and wait. No joke we waited 10 minutes and finially the mechanic back there brings the rack down and sweeps the pins off the deck. Then nothing. We're all standing around wondering what's up for another 10 minutes (one guy even called the desk again to see whats up).

During all this, that other pair bowlers there are complaining pretty loudly. The proprietor was watching us while sitting at an open table a couple pairs down (said nothing). So, i'm looking at him and he gets up and starts walking towards the lounge which is directly behind the center of the league. I'm thinking he's heading for the phone. Wrong.. He's heading down to see what all the ruckus is on that other pair. (form what i'm told) he told the bowlers on that other pair that no-one else was having any issues so they'd have to just figure it out. It just so happens that the team captain for the team we were bowling against was standing at the bar and heard that. He walked over and said (in this meeting between the proprietor and the other pairs captains) that we also were having the same thing going on. The proprietor then relunctantly said he'd have them re-do the lanes. The guy was sitting and watching us, he knew that.

Anyway, the thing is, after the lanes were redressed, the scores to that point stood. To me, i'd think we all should have started over. I'm not even sure it was legal...

(CCWBRA)

#170692 - 09/05/12 10:27 AM Re: TEAM 5 [Re: metguy]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

It's definitely unusual to have the lanes redressed after starting, and the only reason I could think of to ask for a restart would be if the conditions didn't meet the minimum of 3 units of oil across every board (system of bowling? Ha!) from the start. I would think that this could be discovered in practice, though, so if it was an option to have them redressed, I would have thought the issue would have been brought up before starting. Not sure of the rule about this, though. We would probably have to put it to a league vote to redress only a few lanes, and not the entire league.
At least you only had a frame or two on the conditions before getting them redone.

Bowl up a Storm!

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager, Richie V. 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Any interest in a winter virtual league?
by SteveH - Yesterday at 10:22 PM
Nothing worse than falling apart late in a game
by Jason_C - Yesterday at 10:04 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 09:15 PM
Which ball
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 06:18 PM
Entry Angle
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 12:09 PM
Honor scores 2017-18
by Fin09 - 11/17/17 07:27 PM
My low track
by Jason_C - 11/17/17 01:38 PM
Back-up Bowling
by djp1080 - 11/16/17 08:31 PM
Has this happenned to any one
by 82Boat69 - 11/14/17 01:24 PM
Two handed with pinky and ring
by Dylan585 - 11/13/17 02:48 PM
2017 U.S. Open
by Dylan585 - 11/12/17 05:48 PM
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by SteveH - 11/05/17 09:51 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.