BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#170281 - 08/26/12 05:26 PM Team 5: Nice Rack, Good Wood
metguy Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 46/m/waverly iowa
It's that time of the year again, time to welcome each other to a new year of bowling and come up with a team name.

Looks like we have ourselves a pretty good team here, looking forwards to being a part of it. I'll be bowling tuesday nights and always try to get my scores posted then. I am looking into a second league but more on that later.

Edited by Richie V. (09/14/12 02:07 PM)

This season: HG-289 HS-685
Career #'s : HG-299 HS-782

Arsonal: Heat (Pearl), 2Fast, Blue Hammer, Raptor P7, Fire Road

TRANSITIONING TO MOTIV EQUIPMENT
(CCWBRA)

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#170283 - 08/26/12 05:45 PM Re: TEAM 5 [Re: metguy]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 51/M/Virginia Beach, VA
Happy to be a part- I'm bowling two leagues for the first time in a we years this year. I'm going to use the scores from my Wednesday league, which is where my entering avg is from. We start right after Labor Day.

Bowl up a Storm!

#170284 - 08/26/12 05:54 PM Re: TEAM 5 [Re: metguy]
metguy Offline
Legend

If there is one thing you are going to notice about me, it's i talk a lot. LOL. Looking at our start date (week of sept 10th) this works really well for me. I'm updating my arsonal, will put them in my profile data as they come on-line. Last year, beginning the season, it was brutal as i had a very limited choice of equipment and it wasn't matching the conditions very well at all. I started out (i believe) with the Infinate Theory and Critical Theory, both i ended up not throwing much at all once the season got rolling. I do plan to pull out the Infinate a little more this year (little older, little wiser). My base arsonal will be the FireRoad, Fringe, CrossRoads, Omen, Heat (pearl) and the trusty Blue Hammer. I fully expect all ready to go by first week of VL though i'll start out my real league(s) with my reliable 2Fast.

I'm coming into the fall season with a lot of confidence. Had a really good summer and my focus is pretty direct. I haven't shot a 700 in 3 years which is odd but i expect that to fall quickly. Keep finding the pocket and the scores will come.

(CCWBRA)

#170287 - 08/26/12 06:19 PM Re: TEAM 5 [Re: metguy]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
Hi guys,
Looking forward to a great year bowling with you guys. I struggled last year, but I'm really anxious to get started this year after devoting most of the summer trying to improve my game.

I was coming along just fine...seeing improvement, then I had a heart attack that put me on the shelf from mid July untill now.
Sooo..I may have to start all over, but I expect to have a better season.

Lets do some damage...

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#170315 - 08/27/12 08:38 AM Re: TEAM 5 [Re: metguy]
metguy Offline
Legend

Ok guys, i have a couple ideas for a team name since most of us aren't very good with this. We could go with "We've been Framed" or "No Lane no Gain". I like the no lane no gain one personally but maybe you have another idea for a team name? I'm completely open to any ideas.

(CCWBRA)

#170325 - 08/27/12 12:31 PM Re: TEAM 5 [Re: metguy]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

My team was struggling a couple of years ago, so we called ourselves "Off Constantly". From that point forward, whenever we'd lose, we'd let the other team know that they beat Off Constantly.

Bowl up a Storm!

#170342 - 08/27/12 05:40 PM Re: TEAM 5 [Re: metguy]
metguy Offline
Legend

Hey Fin, that's some funny stuff there. I have a feeling we're going to have a lot of fun with this team.

I just threw some practice games with my new Heat, i liked what i seen with the ball. I did go look at the Monday league results from last week. This is the elite league here and there was ONE 700. Um, that's not good. The guy at the counter looked at the scores and said "Looks pretty good to me". I said, look at their entering averages and what they scored, that IS NOT good. These guys just kill me sometimes...

I have my Heat, 2Fast, and Infinate Theory going with me this week along with the Blue Hammer so i'm ready. Last year, the first 7 or 8 weeks was rough, looks to be rough again this year early on. At least i get a warm up before the VL starts up...

Edited by metguy (08/27/12 05:42 PM)

(CCWBRA)

#170365 - 08/28/12 01:52 PM Re: TEAM 5 [Re: metguy]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

I normally carry more than I need- usually 8 balls, no fewer than 6. All Storm stuff. Have most of my success with older equipment. My benchmark ball is my X Factor Vertigo, which has been resurfaced, baked a dozen times, resurfaced some more, and brought back from the dead on several occasions. The day that ball dies for good will be a very sad day for me, indeed.
The Vertigo, Nano, Nano Pearl, Anarchy, Attitude Shift (very underrated ball), Hy-Road, Paradigm Domination (another very underrated ball), T-Road Pearl, Invasion, Virtual Energy, Shift, and 2nd Dimension are my current pieces, but the last 4 in that list don't normally make it out of the garage. I'm bowling in 2 centers this year for the first time in a few years, so I may use a couple of those at the bottom. Looking at a Vivid and an IQ Tour for this year.

Bowl up a Storm!

#170396 - 08/29/12 09:36 AM Re: TEAM 5 [Re: metguy]
metguy Offline
Legend

Well, my warm-up night had some posatives and some negatives. I threw the Heat all three games and walked away with a 596. Two problems though. Couldn't get out of the ball cleanly most of the night but when i started with the ball lower in my stance it was better. I was kinda sore (especially in my hip). The balls reaction was great, but when i moved inside towards the end of the night, it was rolling up a couple feet earlier then i was hoping to see. Flat tens would be what i'd leave with that. I was 3 of 4 with the ten pin conversions so there wasn't a ton of 10's being left. It looked like a pretty good shot out there, just couldn't get a good consistant release.

I remember my first week last year was a 480 or something so a 596 is alot better. I have to wonder though, if the Heat (pearl) is rolling early, what will the CrossRoads or FireRoad do? I feel like i put the best ball out there but failed to execute.

I joined a thursday night 4-person league. My hopes is that this will get me going by throwing more league games. I'm even toying with the thought of a morning league. Yep, i'll be on the lanes alot this winter..

(CCWBRA)

#170525 - 08/31/12 03:35 PM Re: TEAM 5 [Re: metguy]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
I start on Thursday...good luck guys.

Hopefully I will get my new Motiv Sigma Tour by then...its back ordered. I have a few balls to replace this year. Looking to open the season with the Sigma Tour, Motiv Silver Recon, Storm Marvel Pearl (which I recently picked up) and of course my new Motiv spare ball.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 ... 14 15 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager, Richie V. 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 10:42 AM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Mkirchie - 10/21/18 07:57 AM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.