BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#169643 - 08/07/12 04:26 PM Wish Me Luck!
slaterracing Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 36/M/Adel, Iowa, USA
I am bowling in the regional qualifier Sunday morning in the hopes to making the event on Aug24 25 and 26th. Pattern is Cheetah so any help would be great. I know the main this is stay as far over twards board 5 as possible but wondering what ball to start with. I am going to go pract tomorrow night on the pattern with a friend that has alrdy qualified for the event so hopefully will get some good tips from him as well.
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#169653 - 08/07/12 06:41 PM Re: Wish Me Luck! [Re: slaterracing]
DudeStorm Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 55/M/Land of OZ
Might try the Critical Theory. Here is my thought why. It has just enough of a polished finish to skid through the heads and not lose energy yet just enough bite to move into the pocket from that many boards over. Then adjust with speed if it over/under reacts.

GL!

Edited by DudeStorm (08/07/12 06:53 PM)
Brunswick T Zone Patriot Blaze...spares
Coming soon- Storm Fire Road/Roto Grip Defiant
PAP 4.5" over and 3/4" up

#169655 - 08/07/12 08:54 PM Re: Wish Me Luck! [Re: slaterracing]
dgordon0408 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 17/M/Deltona Florida
I think for practice you might get away with using the critical to break them down but honestly its not a good idea to use a ball that is going to go further down the lane and spending all its energy out in the back because its going to be very jumpy with 25 feet of friction, i bowled on boardwalk which is similar to cheetah, i ended up playing right up 4 with my versa max slightly scuffed with 1000 and its pin up and it worked pretty well, i figure youre going to be practicing on it before hand try everything but i would maybe start with the modern, then as they start to break down in the front move left some with the fire road and eventually will probably end up progressing through your frantic and furious, you never know, your furious might be the ball for the pattern, i dont honestly know. some of the other guys like sk8 would know better
Storm Marvel Pearl @1500 polish
Roto Grip shatter @1500 polish
Storm Victory Road Pearl @ lite 4000
Brunswick versa max @ 1000

#169670 - 08/08/12 09:56 AM Re: Wish Me Luck! [Re: slaterracing]
slaterracing Offline

I am going to take all 6 listed with me to prac tonight along with some scuff pads so i can play around and see what happens.
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#169699 - 08/09/12 09:37 AM Re: Wish Me Luck! [Re: slaterracing]
slaterracing Offline

Well I have a little bit of an idea of what I need to do. I tried the Critical Theory and that was a no go. Just way to jumpy for me. If my speed was just a hair off i could not control it. The Modern Marvel worked to a point but burnt up quickly. Fireroad was a bit jumpy as well but the frantic seemed to do well. My furious which as 1000ab on it just had to much surface so my thinking is i am going to throw a little polish on it and then take the modern back to the OB finish of 4K since it is at 2K right now. With those changes hopefully I will have something to work with.
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#169701 - 08/09/12 12:11 PM Re: Wish Me Luck! [Re: slaterracing]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
Good luck Slate, I like the Frantic Idea I don't bowl the animal patterns myself but Jordan does and his house lays them down for him to practice on and I practice with him to pace him. The Cheetah is the one I remember most using my frantic it was almost like I couldn't miss the pocket , I did have a few issues with angle I believe I left a couple 9 pins but that was over 6 games, all I basically did was little moves left as you know the Frantic loves to run to the ditch and come back smooth and strong.
Mutant Cell

#169702 - 08/09/12 12:51 PM Re: Wish Me Luck! [Re: slaterracing]
slaterracing Offline

Ya i think the frantic is going to be my main ball after the first game. The qualifier is 5 games so when they start to break down a lot i hope to be able to use my polished furious or even the orig storm tropical i am bringing. Both should be faily week for the last game or 2.
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Friends made a dumb bet
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:50 PM
Difference between shammy & microfiber towel
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:49 PM
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.