BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#167696 - 06/09/12 01:31 AM Re: Storm Crossroad Ball Review Video [Re: sk8shorty01]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
I also wanted to point out to those that are interested, the Manic review should be done very soon. I started putting all the footage together so I hope to have it complete by this weekend and rendered out no later than monday night.

Here's hoping!
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#167708 - 06/09/12 09:29 AM Re: Storm Crossroad Ball Review Video [Re: sk8shorty01]
VFF57 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 50's/M/NJ
Quote:
The Frantic is a very good ball but I have noticed at times it tends to have trouble if there is a lack of friction, on heavier conditions the ball blows through the break point and becomes a little more difficult to use.

I think I know exactly what you mean. My Morich Aggressive Motion is a good ball, but scoots through the break point when there's oil in the wrong places like at the end of the pattern. It has its place which is fresh lighter conditions with clean backends.

I'm looking for a more versatile ball which will stay in my bag at all times. Based on your description I'm changing my order next week to the Crossroad.

Thanks sk8!
-------------------------
Motiv: Raptor P7
MoRich: Aggressive Motion
Storm: VG,Crossroad,NP
Hammer: Spike,Psycho,Raw Anger,
Cherry Vibe,Taboo Plastic/Spare,
Black Hammer
Columbia: White Dot

#167709 - 06/09/12 10:10 AM Re: Storm Crossroad Ball Review Video [Re: VFF57]
Rocket Jr Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 18/M/Ohio
Lol thanks SK, now I am not sure which ball I want, Cross road interest me a lot, but watching dad and his Frantic gets me thinking that I don't really have a ball that snaps like that and it could come in handy.

But your description of how the Cross road handles the sport patterns gets me leaning back towards it since I mainly bowl sport shots in league, tournaments, and travel league.

Right now Its my nano for the extreme heavy unless its short, Then Theory for heavy, and my faithful beat up but still scoring heat for bench mark and THS. I do need an in between though like I said I can make my heat work on conditions that are to light for my Theory or Nano but sometimes they are a bit heavy for the heat so until the line breaks down a bit I leave 7's or 10's often. looking forward to the Manic review, oh wait that means another choice! lol

#167711 - 06/09/12 10:37 AM Re: Storm Crossroad Ball Review Video [Re: sk8shorty01]
cgrimes Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 11/M/Kansas City, MO
Rocket, I know you talk about your Heat a lot. Do you think it would be a good ball for me? I'm also looking at the Heat orange/purple, not just the hybrid.
Storm Tropical Breeze
Storm Tropical Storm
High Game: 278
High Series: 654
House Average: 186
Sport Average: 155
Virtual League Average: 199 smile

#167713 - 06/09/12 10:58 AM Re: Storm Crossroad Ball Review Video [Re: cgrimes]
Rocket Jr Offline
Virtual League Champion

CG, not knowing your game or style hard to say,by looking at your equipment listed it definetly would be a step up. I have the Black silver ,here is what I can tell you about it. It plays well on every house shot I have played on, it is very controllable but still bends with the best of them,on the right conditions (THS) it reads the lanes well not to early not to late. Although it isn't designed for heavier oil patterns I have had success using it with the proper line. Mine has at least 2000 games on it by now with I believe one surface finish. Every time I consider retiring it I throw a big game with it so it stays in my bag. My first 800 series was with it on a sport pattern in travel league . My dad calls it Herbie, like Herbie the love bug, he says the ball is alive and likes me so it works hard for me lol. Silliness aside,as you can tell I think its a great ball, but practice and good coaching can make any ball better. I am sure Sk can guide you down the ball selection path.

#167714 - 06/09/12 11:01 AM Re: Storm Crossroad Ball Review Video [Re: sk8shorty01]
cgrimes Offline
High Roller

Well, I throw around 12-13mph, high revs(two hander) and on a medium-light oil pattern.
Storm Tropical Breeze
Storm Tropical Storm

#167715 - 06/09/12 11:24 AM Re: Storm Crossroad Ball Review Video [Re: cgrimes]
Rocket Jr Offline
Virtual League Champion

Cg, I am not sure how it would work for you with your style on those conditions may be to strong believe it or not. If you are creating the revs like most of the two handed bowlers I know at that speed would probably hook off the lane unless you play deep inside and got it down the lane. But I am no expert when it comes to your style. I am a medium Rev stroker with average ball speed of 16 MPH. ball path similar to Chris Barnes on most patterns shame not same form or skill lol. Hopefully someone else will chime in who knows a thing or two about your style of play I would hate to steer you wrong since bowling balls aren't cheap.

#167717 - 06/09/12 11:32 AM Re: Storm Crossroad Ball Review Video [Re: sk8shorty01]
10PinGaloot Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 65/m/ Woodburn, OR
I hate to break up your little tete a tete here Chris and Jordan, but just wanted to say that Mike's video has me pretty convinced that my next ball should be a Crossroad. That would be my first Storm.

BTW Cg and Rk Jr - I'm a medium rev cranker smile . Hey, I haven't posted a video here, so I can say that.... I crank for an old man, anyway.

BTW - great video, once again, Coach Bauer!

Okay, now you two can resume....

"I love the smell of lane conditioner in the morning!"
current avatar is Gabby Hayes. Looks a lot like me! smile

#167718 - 06/09/12 11:54 AM Re: Storm Crossroad Ball Review Video [Re: sk8shorty01]
cgrimes Offline
High Roller

I don't know. I'll probably just get whatever my Pro Shop says I should get. Until my speed increases, I can't get many balls that I want.
Storm Tropical Breeze
Storm Tropical Storm

#167723 - 06/09/12 01:15 PM Re: Storm Crossroad Ball Review Video [Re: sk8shorty01]
VFF57 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 50's/M/NJ
If you look at this comparison video of the Frantic vs the Crossroad you'll see the Frantic is more snappy off the friction:

The Crossroad looks much smoother and controllable/dependable. I would like to have both..lol, but as I mentioned I'm going with Crossroad.
-------------------------
Motiv: Raptor P7
MoRich: Aggressive Motion
Storm: VG,Crossroad,NP
Hammer: Spike,Psycho,Raw Anger,
Cherry Vibe,Taboo Plastic/Spare,
Black Hammer
Columbia: White Dot

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Duplicating the reaction of an obsolete ball
by 82Boat69 - 0 seconds ago
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by BOSStull - Today at 10:05 AM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - 08/16/18 01:06 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by wronghander - 08/07/18 08:45 PM
Short Pin to Axis Layouts for Full Rollers?
by nord - 07/28/18 04:27 PM
Axis Weight Layout for Full Roller?
by Mkirchie - 07/28/18 07:45 AM
PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox
by Gutterballqueen313 - 07/25/18 01:50 PM
End of Days
by Gutterballqueen313 - 07/25/18 01:41 PM
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 07/24/18 08:26 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.