BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#167727 - 06/09/12 06:47 PM Re: Storm Crossroad Ball Review Video [Re: 10PinGaloot]
Rocket Jr Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 18/M/Ohio
Originally Posted By: 10PinGaloot
I hate to break up your little tete a tete here Chris and Jordan, but just wanted to say that Mike's video has me pretty convinced that my next ball should be a Crossroad. That would be my first Storm.

BTW Cg and Rk Jr - I'm a medium rev cranker smile . Hey, I haven't posted a video here, so I can say that.... I crank for an old man, anyway.

BTW - great video, once again, Coach Bauer!

Okay, now you two can resume....

Lol, 10 pin I will tell you this much it wont be your last Storm you buy. The only storm ball I have ever seemed that didnt live up to its hype and maybe because the conditions they were being used on weren't right for it was the Nano pearl. I have the Nano solid and its killer but every bowler I know that has or had the pearl bagged it or sold it, again maybe wrong ball for the conditions. as mentioned above my heat will not die not matter how much I abuse it.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#167781 - 06/11/12 07:32 AM Re: Storm Crossroad Ball Review Video [Re: sk8shorty01]
NaSTI Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 33/M/Renton WA
^^Wow, I didnt know I was the only one that hated the Nano Pearl. I didnt like it myself. I even had it plugged and redrilled but still didnt live up to the Hype as its big brother. I felt it was very condition specific and I ended up selling it and got a Vivid instead. Between all of my Storm balls, Nano Pearl, Vivid, Frantic and my trusty old Triple X Factor, the Nano Pearl was the only ball I didnt like. Ive been experimenting with surface changes thx to Joe Bowler, and found that I reeeeally like the 500/1000/2000/4000 + Rough Buff Polish combination.

#167788 - 06/11/12 11:19 AM Re: Storm Crossroad Ball Review Video [Re: sk8shorty01]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 53/M/Virginia Beach, VA
I haven't gotten much use out of my nano pearl either. I demo'd one at the storm open house around here awhile back, and liked the one I threw. I even had it drilled like a demo ball- pin and mb on grip line. If I bowl at the center where I demo'd it, I'll probably love it, but I'm not bowling there too much. When I throw it well, though, it hits like a truck. Probably just need to get used to it a little.

Bowl up a Storm!

#167845 - 06/13/12 01:25 AM Re: Storm Crossroad Ball Review Video [Re: sk8shorty01]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Just so you all are aware, the Manic review is in its final render stage and should be ready some time tomorrow. I am just wrapping it up now so hopefully I can get it rendered and uploaded no later than tomorrow night.
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#167846 - 06/13/12 02:54 AM Re: Storm Crossroad Ball Review Video [Re: sk8shorty01]
NaSTI Offline
Action Bowler

Ooh yes very anxious on how you like it. If so are you able to throw the Frantic as well, kinda like how you compared the VR, CR and Marvel in the same vid. Since many of us here like the Frantic, and considering the Manic is more like a dull version of it, it would make a great comparo.

#167871 - 06/13/12 10:24 PM Re: Storm Crossroad Ball Review Video [Re: sk8shorty01]
sk8shorty01 Offline

The manic video is processing now. I was not able to include the Frantic in the Manic review (It was in the Pro Shop getting work done) but I will include the Manic in my Frantic review so you can see the similarities.

The Frantic is definitely more snappy and gets down the lane further, the Manic reads the mid lane really well though.

I am really surprised how much I am liking this ball. It really reads the lanes well, I had it drilled for Shark but it is really reading most THS patterns well too.
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6

#167878 - 06/14/12 04:53 AM Re: Storm Crossroad Ball Review Video [Re: sk8shorty01]
NaSTI Offline
Action Bowler

So would you say the Manic should be used first, then when the lanes are breaking down one can use the Frantic since it goes a bit longer?

#167905 - 06/14/12 03:20 PM Re: Storm Crossroad Ball Review Video [Re: sk8shorty01]
sk8shorty01 Offline

Correct.

And just so you guys are aware, sorry this is taking longer than expected but I have had problems with the final video twice now. Both times I found errors in the video that I didn't notice originally so I have to re-render.

Just started to render the video out so in two hours it will begin processing through youtube and will be posted up after that finishes.
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by looseleftie - Yesterday at 05:02 PM
Bowled a few games at South Point in Las Vegas
by goobee - 09/03/20 04:38 PM
Roto-Grip Rubicon Video Ball Review
by sk8shorty01 - 08/25/20 05:50 PM
Storm Parallax Video Review - sk8sbowlingreviews
by sk8shorty01 - 08/23/20 01:34 AM
Storm Axiom Video - sk8sbowlingreviews
by sk8shorty01 - 08/23/20 01:30 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.