BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#166066 - 04/19/12 10:22 AM League splitting into 2 after only 1 season
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 45 m
Hi,

40 plus weeks ago, our league and another league combined (it mutually benefited everybody), anyway, the teams don't socialize very well, and the league we combined with aren't overly friendly (not all teams), way too serious, and theres not the same warm fuzzy feeling..

As a co president(of my old league) I informed the "new" president of the combined leagues we want to go back to our old league, and gave reasons.. He was angry, fair enough, I explained very calmly why, and now with only 2 weeks left, our centre management does not want to create smaller leagues (I understand), however both our leagues which were only 7 teams in both leagues are long term bowlers.. The president said basically stay with us, or bowl phantom leagues as centre aren't opening up new leagues... I have since spoken to management there, and as per usual, have not heard anything back, manager is checking with the regional manager..The promised phone call never came my way (again great customer service from AMF)

Any tips on how I can approach this? Are there any suggestions on how to get our old league back and running?

All thoughts appreciated.
Looseleftie

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#166067 - 04/19/12 11:02 AM Re: League splitting into 2 after only 1 season [Re: looseleftie]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
Is switching to another center an option? How about divisions within the league?

#166069 - 04/19/12 11:44 AM Re: League splitting into 2 after only 1 season [Re: looseleftie]
mmalsed Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 43/M/Riverside, CA
I'm with Hammer - find a center that wants you. I don't know where you're located, but that would be my approach.

My league has changes centers several times and we've talked about moving again. . . it's all about the center's treatment of you.

16# IQ Tour Pearl/16# Crux/16# Marvel S/15#White Dot

"Gotta kick at the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight"

#166089 - 04/19/12 09:44 PM Re: League splitting into 2 after only 1 season [Re: looseleftie]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 45 m
Hey guys, yeah swapping to another night doesn't suit many of us due to work and family commitments, nor does spending another 30 minutes to get to the next nearest centre appeal to us either..

The centre's treatment, is generally rather disappointing as a rule, their agenda is not to have too small leagues, but we can start with 6 duos team, with a another 1 or 2 teams joining.. We are a Mon second shift league here, so numbers are never going to be huge..There is the room to accomodate, but the centre don't seem particularly interested..

Any ideas, as I am waiting to get the yes/no about whether we can have our old league back. I would love to offer some suggestions/alternatives to them.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Good morning everyone...
by Mkirchie - 11/10/19 09:52 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.