BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#165016 - 03/27/12 12:05 AM Ebonite booth at Nationals -view from theleft side
Dave800 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: Burbs of Milwaukee
Bowled sat-sun 17-18th
375 rpm
16-16.5 mph
medium to high tracker
can tilt it if necessary

Did the Bill Hall session with our 2 teams
Those lanes upstairs were easy compared to the tournament lanes d-stairs
He did tell us they would be 3 tighter d-stairs
I can provide a detailed report about this if you PM me.

I have to give a big shout out to the guys in the Ebonite booth, I wasn't sure how my arsenal stacked up to what I would see.
Especially Kyle in the booth, helooked over what I brought, thought it was OK, adjusted some surfaces for me and we talked about what else I might need.
I had been practicing on the pattern at home with a gamechanger, pin in the finger, 4000 dull.
It worked well here swinging it 10-7 or 12-8, nothing big, but playable, very touchy on the left.

Kyle gave me his thoughts on where to play the lane and what other ball(s) I could try.
I went with the 300T for below my gamechanger and an Outburst for slightly above.
Kyle came to watch the practice session and helped me adjust covers from there
He suggested I would be able to play up 5-7 with the 300T all day and I had been feeling really good upstairs with the gamechanger, but had an open mind.

And the gamechanger just fit me really well.
The other 2 Kyle drilled fit just as good.

I did have other leftys on my side both events and both were swinging the lane at one point or another like crazy.....did not help at all

In the end, I should have listened to Kyle sooner and stuck with the 300T the entire 9 games
It was drilled perfectly and got through the heads and started turning just before the end of the pattern.
It did not over react at all.

Even though I had been practicing at home with my go to benchmark ball, turned out that up the boards was much better for me than what I thought from my practice here at home
If you even wonder if you have the right piece in your bag or not, go see the guys at the Ebonite booth, they know where the shot is playing and can put the right ball in your hand.
Make your spares...........

Just my $.2 worth
It is imperative that you match up with the lanes and the right ball/ball surface/ball drilling and these guys know right where that is
Like some have mentioned here, medium symetrics with light surface seemed to work the best
Hammer rebel
Severe Delirium
Gamebreaker2
Gamebreaker2 Phenom Pearl
Track Kinetic
Hammer Phobia
Columbia sideswipe solid
Track Legion solid

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by SteveH - Today at 11:06 AM
Leading with the ring finger...
by djp1080 - 09/12/19 12:24 AM
USBC Rule 12
by Dennis Michael - 09/10/19 07:26 AM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by Mkirchie - 09/03/19 03:33 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.