BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#165 - 08/18/01 08:05 PM Family Bowling
Thinker Offline
Junior

A/S/L: Pa.
Hi,

I'm curious how many families get into bowling? The family that bowls together stays together. : )

My husband and I met in the bowling alley in 1975. In 76 I had our first child. When Chris was 6 weeks old we drug him to the bowling alley. My first time bowling after months. I was so excited when I bowled a rare 200 game.

Around 2 we left Chris throw a few balls. No bumpers for our kids. Around 4 or 5 he got his first strike while we were bowling in a summer league, everyone applauded. The little guy loved the attention.

Both our kids bowled junior leagues, summer adult/child was a must. Those were good times but the best is now. The past few years we've bowled summer leagues as a family. It's great.

I tease Chris when he beats Dad he can go pro. Several times this summer both guys opened with 5 or more strikes, just waiting to see who opened first.

Last night was the last of summer league. Dad had the first nine strikes in the last game and bowled a 277. Chris beat Dad with a 300. Chris's only other 300 was in a tournament at an alley he never bowled in.

We have so much fun bowling as a family I'm surprised we don't meet more families bowling. I used to wish our bowling alley had a winter adult/child league. It's nice they're now old enough to bowl with us as peers.

Memorial weekend we rented a car and a room. The whole family went to watch Chris bowl in a scratch tournament. We spent the entire weekend at the alleys. Best time we all had in a while.

Big tournaments are super. We met all sorts of folks. I met a lady who takes her kids to all her husbands tournaments and watches. I hope someday my son meets someone like her.

I'm just curious how many families bowl together? When we were involved with the Junior leagues, it seemed like a babysitting service for many parents. We had a hard time back then getting people to keep score for the young children. And not many of those kids went on to adult leagues.
:rolleyes:

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#166 - 08/23/01 01:32 AM Re: Family Bowling
John 3:16 Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: VA
I believe not enough families bowl together.

If families would just spend more time together as a family taking part in the same things and studding the teaching of our lord Jesus Christ the entire world would be a better place.

Families its all about time!
John 3:16

#167 - 08/23/01 03:38 PM Re: Family Bowling
Thinker Offline
Junior

A/S/L: Pa.
Glad to have a Christian reply,
I tell my son he often bowls his best when Mom is watching and praying he do well. He doesn't believe it but I know God helps him do better when I pray for him.
A non-believer wouldn't accept that, they'd say co-incidence or luck.

One thing nice bowling as a family, you can do bad and feel good when the others do good.

Last week of summer league I bowled terrible, below ave. every game but it was fun watching the guys do well.

Another nice thing about doing it together is that you can go home and share the good and bad without boring them. Big plus for bowling together.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Duplicating the reaction of an obsolete ball
by 82Boat69 - 0 seconds ago
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by BOSStull - Today at 10:05 AM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - 08/16/18 01:06 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by wronghander - 08/07/18 08:45 PM
Short Pin to Axis Layouts for Full Rollers?
by nord - 07/28/18 04:27 PM
Axis Weight Layout for Full Roller?
by Mkirchie - 07/28/18 07:45 AM
PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox
by Gutterballqueen313 - 07/25/18 01:50 PM
End of Days
by Gutterballqueen313 - 07/25/18 01:41 PM
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 07/24/18 08:26 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.