BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#16458 - 03/19/01 11:54 PM dry lanes
JK Offline
Bumper Bowler

i went out to bowl to night,and came up against dry lanes, oil on the outside first
5 boards anything inside the ball was breaking early,tryed to stay out but it just
would not reach the 1-3,ended up on 15board
with a plastic ball,bowling here on wedensday
night what is the thing to do

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#16459 - 03/20/01 07:37 PM Re: dry lanes
Stev300 Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: Mesa, Az
exactly what you did or... if you can play straight... up the boards the 5. just don't tug it cool

#16460 - 03/21/01 06:11 PM Re: dry lanes
Chaozman2009 Offline
Junior

A/S/L: Flint, MI
Sounds like what you are running into is a variation of a reverse block. That is where oil is out the outside and dry on the inside if you didn't already know. Most all houses would never put out a reverse block because its hard to score on and the bowlers wouldn't appreciate it. This lead me to believe that you are bowling after either a kids or seniors league has bowled followed by a men's or women's league. The lanes start off normal usually a wall or taper. The first league of the kids throwing plastic balls down the middle takes a bit of oil out of the middle of the lane. Not much but it pushes it down the lane (carrydown). The next league which is the mens league is probably using strong equipment which will absorb oil off of the lane, they will most likely be playing inside because the kids have pushed the oil down the lane. This takes even more oil out of the center of the lane. Soon enough you have a little reverse block on your hands. The best way to play a reverse block IMHO (and if you have a good amount of revs) is to use a little of the lefties oil (if your right handed). Let the ball skate through the oil on the lefties side of the lane by moving very deep and throwing the ball out over the 6th to the 5th arrow. Use a ball that will have a nice controlable arc (flip is the last thing you want on this condition). Now if you dont put many revs on the ball the best way to play it would be right up the oil with an aggresive ball. Accuracy is really key on this shot. I wouldn't lose the hitting power by using a plastic ball up 15. I'll never forget when I first saw this condition, I think I shot about a 479 and that was in a tournament, it really made me learn how important accuracy is if you want to cash in tournaments. Hope this helps you out a little.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Arthritis?
by 82Boat69 - 12/12/19 09:43 PM
Friends made a dumb bet
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:50 PM
Difference between shammy & microfiber towel
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:49 PM
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.