BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#16416 - 05/21/01 07:34 PM No Strikes
roy schweitzer Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: christiana, Tn
If 9 pins counted as strikes, I'd be averaging 220. I leave the 10, the 7, the 8, the 9, the 4. To make matters worse, the 4-9, the 8-10 etc. Its almost as if it's a 9 pin fill or a split.
We do bowl for fun in a no tap league, I'm most always around 670-690.
I roll an Ebonite tps 2.
Have fun with this one.
I need help, I clean the ball after each session, have had it professionally cleaned, no difference.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#16417 - 05/21/01 08:49 PM Re: No Strikes
Dogbone Offline
Junior

A/S/L: Kansas
Well.. its kinda hard 2 tell what your doin wrong w/o more info... do u throw a straight ball?? or spin it like a top?? kinda sounds like 1 of these... Sounds Like your Ball is NOT driving threw the pocket... or your NOT throwing the ball the same way eveytime... You need a Good Coach behind You as you Bowl.... They would shed alot of Light on Your Problems.... But this will Help some..... Practice on hitting a Target (arrows or a certain Board)on the Alley, (dont worry where the ball goes yet).... 1st get your aim straigt... then watch where the Ball goes... if it hits to much in the Head Pin, Move Left..if your to light in the Pocket move Right until your Dead in the pocket smile an next time You Bowl... Keep the same Target.... just adjust your Feet....every Lane is Different.... The Faster You find your Line the Higher Scores You will get.... But Remember....Dont be scared to try different Lines to the Pocket... Good Luck smile

#16418 - 05/22/01 12:41 AM Re: No Strikes
Rocket to the Pocket Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: Some bowling center in Vermont
Taps are part of the game, and usually the breaks even out in the end. You can't carry every good shot. Make the spare (if possible), keep an even keel, and just keep going back to the hole.

CCBA Director and Yankee Lanes Center League Sec'y

Not your average everyday bowler (that's for sure)

#16419 - 05/28/01 06:27 PM Re: No Strikes
INYOUREYE Offline
Bumper Bowler

there's a big difference between a solid 8 and a flat 10.You would really have to get a trained eye to watch you bowl.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Plugging balance holes
by djp1080 - 01/06/20 10:55 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.