BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#16410 - 05/18/01 11:06 AM Hurting hands
Fuhrtops Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: St. Louis, MO
Hi

I'm new to bowling and have been at it for 3 weeks. My bowling hand is killing me after bowling yesterday. Does anyone know what I did wrong?

Thanks
FT

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#16411 - 05/18/01 03:25 PM Re: Hurting hands
usr bin geek Offline

A/S/L: 37/m/Burlington, VT
I bet you're bowling with a house ball?

When you bowl with a custom fit ball there should be no pain. If you do have a custom fit ball then you would want to have your ball driller watch you throw a couple frame and recheck the grip and drilling.

If the pain doesn't subside right away you really should seek medical attention as this could be a sign of something more serious. Under normal circumstances there is really no reason for your hand to start hurting you after bowling.

Good Luck!
Founder

Since your questions may also be of benefit to others please post them to the board.

Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

#16412 - 05/18/01 09:03 PM Re: Hurting hands
Dogbone Offline
Junior

A/S/L: Kansas
We're You using the same House ball everytime You Bowled?? it does sound like your using the wrong span on your grip.. plus your probley using the wrong weight to start off with... it could be to heavy with wrong span.. ouch!!! when you pick your ball... place your fingers in 1st... then your thumb should slide in snuggly... look an see how much space you have between your palm an ball....there shouldn't hardly no space... But It does Help to Have Your Own Ball, Shoes,... ect. an if then it still Hurts... Do See a Doctor... Have Fun an Good Bowling smile

#16413 - 05/19/01 04:47 AM Re: Hurting hands
jose silva Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: Portugal
Hi there,

Just my 2 cents.

Did you warm up your wrist and hand before bowling?
Not warming up can lead to a lot of different injuries.

C-ya

Jose

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Arthritis?
by 82Boat69 - Yesterday at 09:43 PM
Friends made a dumb bet
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:50 PM
Difference between shammy & microfiber towel
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:49 PM
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.