BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#163674 - 02/26/12 12:16 AM Please critique
Gohokies Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50/male/Arlington, Va
I posted video of myself on the beginner forum under leading with ring finger leaves splits. The first video is my normal style the second is me trying a wrist guard today And trying to lead more with my middle or ring finger to stay behind the ball. I've peaked out between 195 and 202 averages the last 4 years and now seem to be slipping into the 190s consistently. Any advice would be appreciated.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#163721 - 02/26/12 10:26 PM Re: Please critique [Re: Gohokies]
Gohokies Offline
Virtual League Champion

I linked the video directly to this page

#163722 - 02/26/12 10:31 PM Re: Please critique [Re: Gohokies]
Gohokies Offline
Virtual League Champion

I tired this techniques tonight and bowled 1201 in league for 6 games. Left a lot of single pins no power.

Edited by Gohokies (02/26/12 10:41 PM)

#163723 - 02/26/12 10:35 PM Re: Please critique [Re: Gohokies]
Gohokies Offline
Virtual League Champion

Of these two videos the one without a wrist brace is my normal style. I thinki turn way too early and my hand is above the equator. The second I tried a wrist brace and to lead with different fingers to stay behind the ball better. I track high sometimes over the thumbhole with all these shots and don't get a lot of power.

#163775 - 02/27/12 09:08 PM Re: Please critique [Re: Gohokies]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Your ball doesn't fit your hand at all, you can't even pry it off your and at the foul line. Not surprising since you are from my area and hardly anyone around here can put holes in a ball properly. Where should you go you might ask? Florida to the kegel center and have someone who knows what they are doing fit you properly.

Once you get your ball fit properly you will notice a complete difference, after that post more video and I will be happy to help.

#163776 - 02/27/12 09:34 PM Re: Please critique [Re: CoachJim]
Gohokies Offline
Virtual League Champion

I just had it refitted recently. I only know of two pro shops in the area. My index finger had swollen from too long a Span and so I had the Span shortened and I liked the fit better. I know I didn't post a picture of my ball and finger but can you tell enough from the picture what you think the fit problem is. I don't know if you want to endorse a local Pro Shop or not, but if you do who do you recommend.

#163777 - 02/27/12 09:36 PM Re: Please critique [Re: Gohokies]
Gohokies Offline
Virtual League Champion

Coach, is there a way to hook up with you for lessons.

#176832 - 03/06/13 01:43 AM Re: Please critique [Re: Gohokies]
Gohokies Offline
Virtual League Champion

It has been almost a year since I posted my first video so I thought I'd post again for more advice. You can see my old style in the posts above. I've change my style from holding the ball low to a more traditional mid waist style, shortened my span, try to use my balance arm better and try to have better balance at the foul line. I'd appreciate any comments on my progress. I can take any critcism I'm obsessed with improvement. I think my release and hand position still need improvement. I can't seem to stay below the equator and I track high with the first roll sometimes clipping the thumbhole. That drives me crazy.

#176835 - 03/06/13 05:38 AM Re: Please critique [Re: Gohokies]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 45 m
Just a first impression..

You seem to lack bending from your knees, and when u plant on 4th step your back seems to collapse a little..You bowl very straight, which is fine, just that with no slide, u make it hard on getting down low on release.. Other than that, it seems a lot smoother compared to your last video..

So in terms of improvment, I think u have succeeded Gohokies.. at least in relation to your bowling form.. Has your ave progressed a little as well?

#176838 - 03/06/13 08:26 AM Re: Please critique [Re: looseleftie]
Gohokies Offline
Virtual League Champion

Thanks for the comments. Yes my average is up 9 pins in one league and 6 in the other. I've also bowled my two highest games in league ever. I've been bowling 20 years and have my two highest games within the last 5 months.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Quitting my League
by Mkirchie - Yesterday at 10:19 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.