BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#16360 - 02/09/01 11:21 AM please give me some advice
Express Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: Alanta, GA
I just threw my first 300 game last year. Ever since my average has dropped 20 pins. I haven't changed any of my equipment or my style. But right now everything seems to be off. Please help! I am getting very frustrated.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#16361 - 02/13/01 02:32 PM Re: please give me some advice
jwbleiler Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: Jackson
Stop it! I'm still seeking my first 300 game, and if this is what comes with it, I don't want anything to do with it! wink

Actually, your "slump" may be attributed to the fact that you have gotten complacent since achieving perfection, and while you may not have noticed any changes, your game and mental approach may have been affected. A lot happens mentally when you approach the 10th, 11th and 12th shots for a 300 (my best is 296, so you can see where I went ...), and that can have a lasting effect.

Perhaps if you put your 300 out of your mind, take a little more time on the approach and relax, things will fall into place as they did before you hit the big 3-0-0. The key: go back to the basics, and remember it's a game. :p

#16362 - 02/14/01 07:03 PM Re: please give me some advice
George Freeman Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: Florida
Slumps can and do happen, and they happen to everyone. Even the best players in the world do not bowl well every single time they step out onto the lane surface, so don't have a breakdown just yet. There are a couple things you should look at though on the physical side:

1. Have you been keeping the surface on your equipment? Bowling balls can track out, especially these new hook in a box ones. They can lose their punch on the back end of the lane, and this can cause weak 10's where there used to be strikes.

2. Has the lane conditions changed? Even though house patterns are generally easy, changes in weather and humidity can and will change the way bowling balls react. If you are dead set on one specific way to bowl in your house, these changes can effect you tremendously. Don't be afraid to move.

As far as the mental side goes, it's just something you have a get through. 300 is just a number, and should not translate into the skill of the player. a guy with 10 300 games is not necessarily better than a player with 2. I've seen guys with 15-20 perfect games that were just terrible once you took them out of house conditions, so don't let "300" make you crazy.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
What to do?
by Mkirchie - 02/01/20 07:45 AM
Plugging balance holes
by Dennis Michael - 01/29/20 01:20 AM
The price of new bowling balls
by Dennis Michael - 01/28/20 06:14 PM
This is a damned shame
by Mkirchie - 01/26/20 05:10 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.