BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#163064 - 02/16/12 09:37 PM My son bowling at the high school regional meet.
slaterracing Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 36/M/Adel, Iowa, USA
He did well. Was 2nd on his team. He is still working on his timing issues but very proud of the progress he has made this year.

Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#163066 - 02/16/12 10:23 PM Re: My son bowling at the high school regional meet. [Re: slaterracing]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
Lol Hang on tight Slate going to be a fun ride, he is definitely growing. You can tell he has one key ingredient he needs to do well and thats the love of doing it. That big ole smile after that first strike was hard to miss.:)
Mutant Cell

#163086 - 02/17/12 09:08 AM Re: My son bowling at the high school regional meet. [Re: slaterracing]
slaterracing Offline

Ya i was laughing about that as well. He missed so bad and he called the shot brooklyn and it struck so he was smiling. The the last one was picking up that 5 pin when he put it on "His" 2 board about 5 boards left of were he wanted it. She said that scare the heck out of him LOL
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#163197 - 02/18/12 02:00 PM Re: My son bowling at the high school regional meet. [Re: slaterracing]
Rocket Jr Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 18/M/Ohio
Hi, Slate I have been watching these post to and wishing my school had a team. Any way one thing he can try this summer that seemed to almost automatically fix some of my old timing and balance issues was when he finish's his shot try to hold his ball arm in the up position after release. I can not remember for sure and will have to find my old note book but I believe what they told me was that by doing that in kind of helps put the balance arm in a good position automatically so you want fall off the shot. It definitely helped me. tell him we will have to hook up and bowl together some time. smile and to keep it up hes doing well.

#163204 - 02/18/12 06:48 PM Re: My son bowling at the high school regional meet. [Re: Rocket Jr]
10PinGaloot Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 65/m/ Woodburn, OR
Originally Posted By: Rocket Jr
....balance issues ... the balance arm ... fall off the shot.... keep it up hes doing well.

Nice video. Slater Jr seems to be well on his way. He might could try using his balance arm, though. At this point he's actually fighting his swing with it instead of helping the swing. You can see a little muscular effort in his balance arm on each throw as the ball swings by his leg going backwards.
If he were to extend it outwards to the side and slightly to the front, I think it would calm his swing down.

Just an old galoot's opinion....

Upon watching a second time, I get the feeling that he wants to extend it but it doesn't weigh enough to actually provide a balancing effect. This might seems silly, but a wrist weight of a pound or two might help him to hold the arm extended, as the ball is pretty heavy for his weight.

"I love the smell of lane conditioner in the morning!"
current avatar is Gabby Hayes. Looks a lot like me! smile

#163910 - 02/29/12 11:24 PM Re: My son bowling at the high school regional meet. [Re: slaterracing]
hutch3703 Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 38/M/Fort Leonard Wood, MO
Tell the lefty to keep it up, we need more lefties out there with me. I don't know if it's me but is he turning his wrist around on his back swing?

#163911 - 02/29/12 11:33 PM Re: My son bowling at the high school regional meet. [Re: slaterracing]
Hunter Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 29/M/Jacksonville, FL
Just wondering if anyone noticed his slide foot is kind of pointing outwards (to the right), causing him to jump after release to twist it back to regain balance.

This is especially noticeable at the 1:07 mark.

Compare that to the 1:24 where it is pointing a bit more to the head pin, and he has better balance.

Columbia White Dot

This Season Goals:
Average: 180+
Game: 250+
Series High: 600+ - Achieved 1/25/12 @ 612; 3/13/12 @ 625

#163927 - 03/01/12 08:53 AM Re: My son bowling at the high school regional meet. [Re: slaterracing]
slaterracing Offline

Hutch he does turn his wrst some he says it helps him get revs on the ball but it deff looks a little odd to me. Hunter yes you are correct he does this from time to time and i am working on that with him. when ever he does it he is off balance and seams to pull more.
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#163986 - 03/02/12 09:51 AM Re: My son bowling at the high school regional meet. [Re: slaterracing]
hutch3703 Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 38/M/Fort Leonard Wood, MO
It looks odd to me, I also wonder as his body is still developing if he's putting undo torgue on his wrist. Kind of like how they tell you ball players not to throw to many curve balls.

#164002 - 03/02/12 02:24 PM Re: My son bowling at the high school regional meet. [Re: hutch3703]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
I've seen a couple bowlers do that as well, the wrist turn. From my observations it looks like it adds more ball speed than revs. However, I can see how it could add revolutions.

I would suggest maybe having a look at his fit though and making sure that the driller knows of the wrist turn that your son does. It may just be me, but you can see that he really has to latch onto that ball when he turns it over. It looks like he is about to drop the ball. That grabbing and having to work the ball through the swing like that could be the reason why his timing is off. Just a thought.

The Demolition Man
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.