BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#162438 - 02/08/12 10:50 PM Storm Modern Marvel Review.
slaterracing Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 36/M/Adel, Iowa, USA
OK I have had the ball since last friday and was not very happy with it the first series I used it. But that was more me than the ball as I was on a much heavier shot than I have ever thrown on and I could not adapt to it. So today I went out to pract. When I got to the lanes they were dry as a bone and the Modern Marvel just died and rolled out. You could see it rotate for about the first 20 feet or so then just stop and go strght. After a game and a half the person who oils the lanes come out of the back with the machine and starts to oil lanes at the fare end so the friend that was bowling with me went down and asked if he could oil ours after he was done with the empty set he was working on. He was more than happy to do it and said the pair we were on had alrdy had 2 sets of league play on them without oil so they were trashed. Well he puts now a fresh shot. THS christmas tree shape were it is faily light on the edge and heavier down the center and about 40 feet long. The lanes are synthetic. First ball I throw with the Modern I go from about 12 out of 5 and it just comes back hard and shreds the rack. I turned around and my friend just started to laugh cause I had a big grin on my face. Over the next 5 or 6 games I had to move a mark and feet but the ball still worked very well. After about 8 games the line started to break down to much for it so i switch to the Frantic and moved back in and it worked great. Looks like I have a good starting ball and with my Frantic and Tropical in th bag for when the lanes break down. Over all I like the Modern Marvel alot. It allow me to play my line well and put a little more speed on the ball to start off with because it is so aggressive and def wants to hook back.
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#162454 - 02/09/12 09:20 AM Re: Storm Modern Marvel Review. [Re: slaterracing]
Hunter Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 29/M/Jacksonville, FL
I haven't seen the Marvel yet, but it sure sounds like you are a big fan. It's great you were able to find lane conditions to suit the ball and your style, so now you know how to fit it into your game. I saw the Frantic the other night, the guy did horrible with it early but it got more aggressive as the night went on. He doesn't have a stronger ball to start with, so when the lanes were breaking down it finally came into it's own.

I may be looking at the Frantic in a few months to compliment my AlphaMax.
Columbia White Dot

This Season Goals:
Average: 180+
Game: 250+
Series High: 600+ - Achieved 1/25/12 @ 612; 3/13/12 @ 625

#162479 - 02/09/12 12:36 PM Re: Storm Modern Marvel Review. [Re: Hunter]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
Alright Slate, Now I am just jealous lol you have a similar arsenal on what I want for myself. I want the Modern Marvel, have the Hy-Road and Frantic and Need the heat. I really like the Hybrid cover stock and want to go all hybrid. For me I am not in a hurry for the Modern marvel due to not having many tourneys lined up for this year and the HY-Road and Frantic are strong enough for the two houses I bowl in. I do how ever want the Heat soon for the third games when my Frantic is to strong and giving me to much angle to carry strikes. Thanks for the review very helpful. I prefer reviews from guys like me that are the normal league bowler not guys carrying 225 averages and bowling on sport conditions. Of course those are helpful for the bowlers like them .
Mutant Cell

#162481 - 02/09/12 01:03 PM Re: Storm Modern Marvel Review. [Re: slaterracing]
Hunter Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 29/M/Jacksonville, FL
It's funny that the Hy-Road is more expensive than the Frantic, even if it's several years older.
Columbia White Dot

This Season Goals:
Average: 180+
Game: 250+
Series High: 600+ - Achieved 1/25/12 @ 612; 3/13/12 @ 625

#162483 - 02/09/12 01:10 PM Re: Storm Modern Marvel Review. [Re: slaterracing]
slaterracing Offline

Having thrown the Frantic for a while now it is def the best bang for the buck ball i have ever seen. I was thinking about getting the HyRoad but like you said it cost a lot more than the frantic and from reviews on youtube and talking to my driller they are very close. figured i would save a few bucs. Rocket I def have a good line up right now. Even my anarchy fits in very nice between the frantic and modern. Hopefully i am good on bowling balls for a little while cause i think the wife would shoot me if i tried to get another LOL.
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#162741 - 02/13/12 06:30 PM Re: Storm Modern Marvel Review. [Re: Rocket]
Ron Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 56/m/Schoharie NY
I have the Tropical Heat Hybrid and it is a very good ball for the price. Where I bowl no one has the Frantic yet but the Heat hooks almost as much as my Virtual Energy, But when I start leaving 10 pins I change over to the Heat and that works great for awhile using same line as I used with Energy. With the Heat I have found out when you come in light in the pocket ball carry's the best and really mixes pins up good.

#162836 - 02/14/12 02:24 PM Re: Storm Modern Marvel Review. [Re: slaterracing]
slaterracing Offline

The Modern is def not going to be a ball for every lane cond that is for sure. I put my to 2000 ab and is rolls out very very quickly when it gets dry out. but when there is oil and i throw it right ( that is always the if lol) it stores a lot of energy and when it hits it hits hard. I noticed alot more this weekend when i was dead in the pocket the rack just exploded and it sent the head pin flying side to side but when i was a little light into the pocket it still mixed up the pins nicely and was still able to strike a lot.
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - Today at 07:42 AM
Plastic or Urethane?
by LindaDelcamp - 11/12/19 03:19 PM
Good morning everyone...
by Mkirchie - 11/10/19 09:52 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.