BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#16216 - 06/28/06 11:07 PM Been Bowling 7 years and i NEED HELP
Matty Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: M/AUS
Hello My name is Matt, Ive been bowling 7 years, I have Track Crunch Time, i dnt no what im doin, but sum times i bowl good sumtimes i dnt, My average is 160 odd, I jst want to 2 no how to bowl...How to relase..do i want 2 be a cranker, do i want to be a tweener, i have been reading on here but i need sumtime 2 just help me out,

thank you

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#16217 - 06/29/06 01:59 PM Re: Been Bowling 7 years and i NEED HELP
ORobbed1 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 48/male/so. cal
Hey Matty – I know it sounds simple but no investment you make in bowling will be more valuable than taking a lesson from either a local pro or certified instructor. When I came back to bowling after a 20 year +/- layoff, I just couldn’t get consistent and although I had been a scratch bowler 20 years ago, I finally broke down, invested in a lesson from the local pro and increased my average by 30 pins over the next 60 days working on the things he pointed out (one or two at a time during practice). Give yourself a gigantic treat and take a lesson. Please don’t just ask the guy on the other pair that you think bowls good what you are doing wrong, chances are less than 50/50 he’ll (she’ll?) be able to help you since most bowlers are not trained to be instructors or coaches. Go to a pro. It's well worth it.

#16218 - 06/29/06 02:46 PM Re: Been Bowling 7 years and i NEED HELP
luisistaz Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 49/male/Tijuana, Mexico
Yes, ORobbed is right!, the best investment for your game is taking lessons, and I'll tell you why. My first year bowling was a waste, trying to learn from my friends. What I learned was a series of bad habits, that when I started my lessons form my coach, he had to root out, and that can be a problem, because, after a year of repetition of those habits, they where entrenched in my muscle memory. It took a lot of work from both parts to get it right ( And I'm still not done, I need a lot of work), but from 129 avg, I made a jump to 178, and then to 205. I'm now on my 6th year and 5 of them with my coach ( I was on and off for a year,when I thought I didn't need him anymore, but I soon realized that I still have issues to be worked on). So I'm now fully convinced that every one can beneffit from a coach, specialy a reputable one, you just have to be open minded and do what he is triyng to impart ( never say "I can't do this", that translates into "I won't do it", and that's a bad sign it means your'e not willing to do what it takes). Hope this helps, bye.

#16219 - 06/30/06 08:19 PM Re: Been Bowling 7 years and i NEED HELP
Matty Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: M/AUS
Ok thank you very much, i will be going 2 there as soon as posibble hopefully in about 3 days-4 days

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Where is every one?
by Mkirchie - Yesterday at 06:09 PM
Hammer Purple Pearl Urethane
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 04:49 PM
Motiv Venom Shock Pearl
by Jason_C - Yesterday at 10:51 AM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by IronMike - Yesterday at 09:54 AM
Competing against high rev, high speed players
by BowlerBill - 01/17/18 07:59 PM
Honor Scores Not Received By USBC
by Mkirchie - 01/10/18 02:34 PM
Dual Angle Layouts
by Dennis Michael - 01/10/18 10:26 AM
Roto-Grip Hyper Cell Fused Video Ball Review
by mmalsed - 01/08/18 11:41 AM
Dare Devil Danger Video Ball Review
by sk8shorty01 - 01/07/18 08:56 PM
Good advice from my brother!
by Dylan585 - 01/05/18 04:13 PM
"Knocking the Shine" off of my Pearl Ball
by 6_ball_man - 01/01/18 09:11 AM
Have a happy and safe Holiday
by goobee - 01/01/18 02:34 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.