BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161596 - 01/27/12 12:59 PM Col300 White Dot today..or wait on another
Hunter Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 29/M/Jacksonville, FL
Is a plastic ball a plastic ball? Do we like one more than another just because it's worked better or drilled differently?

I can either buy a 15lb Columbia Blackberry White Dot today, drilled and ready to use. Or I can wait and purchase another plastic like a T-Zone or Pyramid Path...

I might just jump the gun and get it now, so I can practice with it today and this weekend.

A plastic...is a plastic, no?
Columbia White Dot

This Season Goals:
Average: 180+
Game: 250+
Series High: 600+ - Achieved 1/25/12 @ 612; 3/13/12 @ 625

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#161599 - 01/27/12 01:28 PM Re: Col300 White Dot today..or wait on another [Re: Hunter]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Unless it's a plastic with a real core, they are pretty much all the same. The White Dot, T-zone and most of the others are just generic cores. Lane 1 XXXL is a plastic with a core and I believe there is a Hammer Taboo Spare ball that uses the Taboo core but not sure if it can be bought separately as it was introduced with as part of a package with one of the recent Taboo releases.

So basically if you are looking for your typical spare ball and you like the color of the White Dot you are referring to, get it and start using it.
HS:763

#161601 - 01/27/12 01:40 PM Re: Col300 White Dot today..or wait on another [Re: Hunter]
Hunter Offline
Virtual League Champion

Okay awesome. I don't really care about color. I care about performance smile I'm not there to look pretty.

Thanks for the quick response, he only has 1 in stock right now (or so he says...) so I am going to get it and practice with it this weekend before league night next week.
Columbia White Dot

This Season Goals:

#161602 - 01/27/12 02:49 PM Re: Col300 White Dot today..or wait on another [Re: Hunter]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Even a plastic with a core can do what you want a plastic for, but when the lanes are dry and you have to go to the last resort of plastic, having one with a core can be beneficiary but those times are rare and your typical T-Zone or WD is fine for spares. Now remember a plastic ball can still hook if you release it with a hook release, but typically is less than 5 boards when going through the oil. Some will change their release but some might find that makes their strike release inconsistent.

I don't see any reason why the Pro Shop would say he only had one in stock even if he has others in stock at that weight. Sure he could be just trying to push a sale, but if he had others it would give you a choice of different colors. Or he could be trying to get rid of one that no one else really wants but I doubt it. Most of the typical plastic balls should run the same price, or at least be close. And with the fact many bowlers use 15s now what he had in stock not too long ago has been bought already.
HS:763

#161604 - 01/27/12 03:21 PM Re: Col300 White Dot today..or wait on another [Re: Hunter]
TNT Tommy Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 45/M/Eau Claire, WI
IMHO- THe spare ball is the style ball. Except as noted above about the core, White Dot, T-Zone, Maxim, doesnt matter. Go ahead and give yourself some style.

Now if DV8 will just come out with their spare ball. If not, I may go with the solid white Viz-a-Ball. ( I need a new spare ball as mine is 16 lbs and I throw a 15 lb strike ball)

#161606 - 01/27/12 04:10 PM Re: Col300 White Dot today..or wait on another [Re: Hunter]
Hunter Offline
Virtual League Champion

I'd love to get a cool looking graphic ball but just can't afford it right now. For now, I will work with the plastic White Dot.

And, it gives me a different Brand to add to my collection of <gasp> two current balls !
Columbia White Dot

This Season Goals:

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.