BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161451 - 01/24/12 07:12 PM Please leave opinions, thanks.
Murdershaw Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 27/M/Murrieta, CA

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#161464 - 01/25/12 12:15 AM Re: Please leave opinions, thanks. [Re: Murdershaw]
trekguy Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 56/M/Mn
My opinion...good tempo, straight swing, solid balance, and real nice hand at the bottom.

thumbsup
Motiv Venom Shock
Motiv Arctic Sniper
Motiv Tank

#161466 - 01/25/12 05:57 AM Re: Please leave opinions, thanks. [Re: Murdershaw]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
I wish I could bowl that well, I don't see anything I would alter about your physical game. Are you having issues?

#161469 - 01/25/12 08:00 AM Re: Please leave opinions, thanks. [Re: Murdershaw]
Kitten Latch Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 19/M/Australia
Pretty damn good. You could get a little bit more kneebend, get yourself into the shot more, but it really isn't hurting you, you aren't lofting the ball and the ball gets onto the lane fairly well. Nice game. smile
Black Pearl [email protected]
Terminator [email protected]
[email protected]

High Series: 793(3), 1033(4)
High Game: 300x1 17/6/11

#161493 - 01/25/12 01:18 PM Re: Please leave opinions, thanks. [Re: Murdershaw]
Murdershaw Offline
League Bowler

I just feel like my hips open up too much at the end of my second step and my shoulders never get open far enough. Am I crazy? I just see my hips moving laterally to the left, and I just hate it. Is it a spine tilt issue? I bowl fairly well, but I want to improve. I just can't seem to find things I need to improve, so I start to imagine things. I just need someone to be overly critical.

#161496 - 01/25/12 02:08 PM Re: Please leave opinions, thanks. [Re: Murdershaw]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
The reason your hips look like they are open that much is that you are walking and the little bit of lean to the ball side. You want that lean in order to allow to swing straight and not have to try to go around the body with it.

You have a very solid looking physical game, at least in that shot. Now maybe you have a few shots during the course of a bowling session that you don't execute as well but that's just a matter of repetition. Do you miss targets often? Are you having any specific problems? Maybe certain spares give you trouble? Maybe you need to work on lane play and reading the ball's reaction and where it exits the pin deck. With that smooth of a physical game, making adjustments whether where playing the lane or with hand position is important and then the mental part is probably the next step.
HS:763

#161502 - 01/25/12 03:26 PM Re: Please leave opinions, thanks. [Re: Murdershaw]
Murdershaw Offline
League Bowler

I'm fairly accurate when I can play the angles through the front that I like, but as soon as I need to open up or square up, I get in trouble. I can get fooled by lane conditions, but I've only been bowling about 4 and a half years. I really want to have a better physical game. I just run out of things to work on because people have a hard time finding flaws in my game. but I know I can throw it better than I do. I'm in constant pursuit of perfection and I want to get as close as possible to it.

#161503 - 01/25/12 03:54 PM Re: Please leave opinions, thanks. [Re: Murdershaw]
Hunter Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 29/M/Jacksonville, FL
Physical game is important, but being mentally sound and knowing when to adjust is arguably more important. You might be off your target a few boards from bad form, but if you've made lane adjustments and ball adjustments through the course of a series, then those might make up for a once in a while bad form.

You should really spend time learning the adjustments to make as lanes wear down, how to read the ball exiting off the deck and how to adjust based on those reads. You will be deadly with your form as it is.
Columbia White Dot

This Season Goals:
Average: 180+
Game: 250+
Series High: 600+ - Achieved 1/25/12 @ 612; 3/13/12 @ 625

#161504 - 01/25/12 04:12 PM Re: Please leave opinions, thanks. [Re: Murdershaw]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
There are many things you can work on besides your physical game, you can learn to play different angles, adjust your speed up and down, increase and decrease your axis rotation, increase and decrease your rev rate, learn how your equipment reacts to each of these adjustments, shoot all of your spares, no more reracking if you don't strike on practice shots. There are many things you can do to improve your mental game, go sit for an entire minute between shots, for a game, then throw shot after shot for a game, keep changing the pace when you practice.

Practice with someone, always practice striking out in the 10th frame as if it was for a 300 game and a championship, the more you practice under pressure, the better you will preform under pressure.

#161507 - 01/25/12 04:35 PM Re: Please leave opinions, thanks. [Re: Murdershaw]
Murdershaw Offline
League Bowler

Thanks CoachJim, I'm a very good spare shooter. I pride myself on clean games. I should try and mix up my angles and speeds and axis rotations. I play a lot of little pot games with the scratch bowlers in my house and I do very well in match play, but qualifying is where I suffer the most. I just learn a little here and there about lane play, but I lack experience. I'm just to the point where I believe I should be making money, and I'm just not. It's hard to constantly lose money in the west region and still come back. I have bills to pay. I wish there were environments I could gain experience in that didn't cost me $400 and 3 days off work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Plugging balance holes
by BOSStull - 03/27/20 07:27 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 03/27/20 07:20 PM
2020 Nationals
by Doogie - 03/20/20 10:30 AM
This is a damned shame
by 82Boat69 - 03/17/20 07:48 PM
Belmo and the 2020 US Open
by BOSStull - 03/17/20 07:45 PM
COVID-10 and center closings
by BOSStull - 03/17/20 07:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.