BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161465 - 01/25/12 01:10 AM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: spillup24]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
I never really cared one way or another for Rash. I only ever watched his technique. It's a pretty typical updated biomechnical style of play. You see it or a version of it a lot now. So it's a good way to learn the game. My analysis shows that he's basically a smoother Rhino Page when it comes to style. Great technique and shot maker, but when the pressure is on he tends to whiff and leave a 4-5 count split. Never really cared for his sponsor. I don't like Brunswick equipment at all. Aside from that...I could've cared less.

Until the bottle b*tch comment he made to Belmo. That bugged me, especially about watching a documentary on the revival of the PBA and the standards they have or had. I've listened over and over to the match in question and haven't heard anything (probably my speakers not being good enough, if it did happen). Anyways, he still shouldn't have let that effect his game so much or make a big deal about it. A simple thank you for giving me a reason to pound strikes in your face would've worked. But nnnnnnnnnnooooooooooo...bottle b*tch. I'm all for wearing your emotions on your sleeve if you're that kind of person. I know I am. I laugh, talk, yell and all that mess myself, but I don't cuss out other players. I let my 270+ games beat their idiocy back into their seats.

Also I think there was an interesting mention about the TV production and the context of everything. We all know it, the PBA is desperate for ratings. And so far this last month they must've gotten it. Belmo's 300, to Blanchard's fall to Osko's win and now Williams' win. However, as someone mentioned before, a rivalry would really help. And who exactly has taken issue with all these bowlers from other nations in the PBA? Hmmmm...oh right. Sean Rash. There's his Belmo incident (and he and Belmo have been bowling in the last few shows), some conflict with Stu Williams that we don't know about, a comment about Osko needing to learn how it is in the PBA (didn't that guy just win a major?), and Ruiz well that's just being arrogant the way he said he'd prefer himself to win. I'm not saying he shouldn't have, but he could've said it better in my opinion. So there's at least 2 that Rash has, I'm sure if Osko cares, and Ruiz is up and coming so we'll have to see.

Now on to this last week. The feud between Williams and Rash, we know nothing about. There is apparently a personality clash. That could be the emotional v stoic bowling styles or not. We don't know. However, the camera has been zoomed in on Rash the last few weeks because he has been winning and has had all of this past conflict and is emotional.

Something else I noticed. Anybody notice how Rash was meant to come across as the arrogant [censored] and Williams the loveable oaf? That's kind of on Rash, but also on the production and TV crew. Not saying Rash isn't an arrogant [censored], but I don't think asking such polarizing questions should be asked especially if you are trying have some sort of standards about the league. Meh, but do we know? We aren't in the PBA. We don't know how it is. nut seeingstars

The Demolition Man
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#161468 - 01/25/12 07:57 AM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Kitten Latch Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 19/M/Australia
Originally Posted By: TheDemolitionMan
Now on to this last week. The feud between Williams and Rash, we know nothing about. There is apparently a personality clash. That could be the emotional v stoic bowling styles or not. We don't know. However, the camera has been zoomed in on Rash the last few weeks because he has been winning and has had all of this past conflict and is emotional.

Something else I noticed. Anybody notice how Rash was meant to come across as the arrogant [censored] and Williams the loveable oaf? That's kind of on Rash, but also on the production and TV crew. Not saying Rash isn't an arrogant [censored], but I don't think asking such polarizing questions should be asked especially if you are trying have some sort of standards about the league. Meh, but do we know? We aren't in the PBA. We don't know how it is. nut seeingstars

Williams is very stoic. I remember him letting out a little noise on xtra frame during the masters after he flushed some strikes while his opponent threw some poor shots that brooklyn'd. The commentators were very quick to point out that it's the first time they've heard him get fired up in a match. Dude's very cool.

And yeah, Rash has had the spotlight for being ridiculously good in the South Point lanes (he's been second and first in wsob qualifiers held there) but on the TV constructed pair there's no track area built up and that's obviously affecting his game, he just hasn't got the room, unless the guys break the lanes down well like they did for Sean's world championshp pod.

Espn can't do much when the words out of Sean's mouth are basically 'I'm better than everyone else, I'm the story here gimme everything'.
Black Pearl [email protected]
Terminator [email protected]
[email protected]

High Series: 793(3), 1033(4)
High Game: 300x1 17/6/11

#161474 - 01/25/12 10:28 AM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: whitepuffin]
slaterracing Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 36/M/Adel, Iowa, USA
I cannot stand Rash. His entire personality is RASH, My son and I were watching the show and this time my wife was sitting in there watching as well. After about 10 mins of the show she says "I dont know what it is but the guy in the yellow shirt just does not look like a nice person" my son and I who follow and watch all the PBA events just started to laugh and agreed then when his little interview about Stu came just she said "Yep i knew he was jerk" . The thing with Belmo was also just way over the top. Like another had said i went and watched that team show over and over again turned my surround sound all the way up and did not hear a thing. Also it is not like it was for a masters title or anything it was a team tournament that ment nothing at all.
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#161488 - 01/25/12 11:59 AM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: whitepuffin]
spillup24 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: Philadelphia, PA
The Belmo/Rash thing has been beaten to death in another thread.

First, I clearly heard the bottle cracking. he did it twice in that show and since Belmo apologized after the second time then that should show you that he definitely did it.

Doesn't matter if it were for a masters tourney, a viper championship or a team event. Money is money and they all want to win it.

Yes, Rash did go over the top. Have you noticed that Belmo does not use the water bottle anymore? He uses a cup...

#161515 - 01/25/12 06:39 PM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: spillup24]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
I did notice that spillup or Belmo will use one of those glass water bottles.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#161516 - 01/25/12 06:52 PM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: spillup24]
whitepuffin Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 34/m/Horsham, England.
Originally Posted By: spillup24
Originally Posted By: Tim Gerard
I guess Williams learned quickly enough as how to bowl on the PBA tour.

Williams is a good bowler on any tour. Remember this tournament was a 14 game qualifyer then the top 4 made TV. This wasn't a 40 game tournament with match play where the cream usually rises to the top to make television. So yes Williams did win but I question if he or Ruiz really would've been successful if it were a standard type tournament.

On the other hand he did qualify in what the tourney guidlines were so congrats to him.

To be fair over 40 games for the World championships which consisted of all the pattern qualifiers and a cashers round he finished 4th with a +1023 and Ruiz was 7th with +921 so I think that proves that they are able to go the distance somewhat. Only time will tell how successful they will be over time though.

#161518 - 01/25/12 07:02 PM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: whitepuffin]
spillup24 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: Philadelphia, PA
Quote:
To be fair over 40 games for the World championships which consisted of all the pattern qualifiers and a cashers round he finished 4th with a +1023 and Ruiz was 7th with +921 so I think that proves that they are able to go the distance somewhat. Only time will tell how successful they will be over time though.

Very valid point....I always like to root for the fat guy! Mike Devanney, Jason Couch and now Williams will be on my list to root for.

Edited by spillup24 (01/25/12 07:03 PM)

#161633 - 01/28/12 09:20 AM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: whitepuffin]
tbill Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: 42/m/ny
maybe it's time to combine bowling and 'professional wrestling', just picture it.........

.....bowler one comes out of the tunnel [with a big screen behing him showing all action], grabs a mic and starts talking trash, then climbs thru the ropes to the lanes. bowler two comes out, same deal, talks trash, then into the roped off lanes.

the match starts, bowler one throws a strike, on the way back to the approach, bowler two jumps off the top rope and crashes bowler one to the ground.......

leave a split, and it's a figure 4 leg lock baby!!

haha.............that'll boost the ratings for sure.......

now for something completely different.............
working on all of them......

track 930T [15]

member of the mooseknuckles winter vl team

#161644 - 01/28/12 01:17 PM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: whitepuffin]
vgnano420 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 25/m/mi
HAHA tbill great post

If Bowling is a Sport, I'm an Athlete!

#161646 - 01/28/12 02:03 PM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: whitepuffin]
10PinGaloot Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 65/m/ Woodburn, OR
Originally Posted By: whitepuffin
Originally Posted By: spillup24
Originally Posted By: Tim Gerard
I guess Williams learned quickly enough as how to bowl on the PBA tour.
Williams is a good bowler on any tour. Remember this tournament was a 14 game qualifyer then the top 4 made TV. This wasn't a 40 game tournament ....
To be fair over 40 games for the World championships which consisted of all the pattern qualifiers and a cashers round he finished 4th with a +1023...

It turns out that - at least that week, on that pattern, Williams was better than any PBA bowler. QED.

However, I think all Rash was saying was that different lane conditions, a non-stop unrelenting life of drive-then-bowl-then-drive, and the incredible depth of talent of all styles that follows this grinding circuit presents a formidable uphill climb to anyone entering the PBA tour - as Rash has found out.

btw - if QED threw you for a loop, it means quod erat demonstrandum.....

Originally Posted By: TheDemolitionMan
Anybody notice how Rash was meant to come across as the arrogant [censored] and Williams the loveable oaf? - The Demolition Man
What? You didn't read my post?
To repeat - "40 seconds of orchestrated poop."

"I love the smell of lane conditioner in the morning!"
current avatar is Gabby Hayes. Looks a lot like me! smile

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.