BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161412 - 01/24/12 10:07 AM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: whitepuffin]
Mark B Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 37 M Rochester NY
i saw the show. i was kind of amazed what rash said about williams learning how its done over here. sounded a little disrespectful. I am not a rash hater but i definitely think his public relations skills need some honing. but rash vs williams ... there is definitely something there behind the cameras.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#161435 - 01/24/12 02:58 PM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: whitepuffin]
10PinGaloot Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 65/m/ Woodburn, OR
Editing is everything. Rash was obviously making his comments in a context of being interviewed about the upcoming contest, and was shown out of context juxtaposed against Williams saying they didn't like each other. The viewer was clearly being led to believe that Rash was an arrogant American snob.

Which he may be, but I just consider him a very aggressive, hard fighter when it comes to earning his living.

What I consider hypocritical about his comments, though, was the fact that he resents the Brit coming over and taking his paycheck while Rash's foreign-made Brunswick bowling ball robs the paycheck of other Americans.

At any rate, the interviews caused my wife to root against him.

And that's why it pays to advertise - some people can actually be swayed by 40 seconds of orchestrated poop.

"I love the smell of lane conditioner in the morning!"
current avatar is Gabby Hayes. Looks a lot like me! smile

#161438 - 01/24/12 03:05 PM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: 10PinGaloot]
10PinGaloot Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 65/m/ Woodburn, OR
By the way, in case anybody's interested, the shot where he whiffed the headpin in that final game was a timing error.
He started his release motion a tenth of a split second too soon, causing his thumb to fall out too fast and too early, taking all the power off his fingers.

Just in case anybody's interested....
"I love the smell of lane conditioner in the morning!"
current avatar is Gabby Hayes. Looks a lot like me! smile

#161444 - 01/24/12 06:20 PM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: whitepuffin]
whitepuffin Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 34/m/Horsham, England.
Well looks like a mix reaction which was what I was expecting. Rash is going to be the kind of player you either love or loath I suppose.

A lot of you seemed to pick up on his emotions. That is not what personally bugs me about him, I like emotion but as some have already pointed out, at the right time as apposed to all the time.

Some response to specific comments:

Originally Posted By: B-Hammer
I didn't hear Rash say anything untrue in the interviews, he wants to win and he thinks the PBA tour is the best in the world which is something that Belmonte and other world players have said that it is.

My point was not that he said that the PBA tour was the best.. even Stu said that at the end of the match, and if he had said something along the lines of "The PBA is the best tour in the world and Williams still has a lot to learn" I might have not been so reactive to it. But he actual said more along the lines "its one thing to bowl against Dom Barrett and Osko but he has a lot to lean about bowling in the US" so to me (and again this is just my opinion) he has not only been disrespectful to Stu, but also Dom Barrett and osku
I don't mind Rash, he wears his emotions on his sleeve, he tries his best, but he can be beaten. Is there any disputing his talent? When he looses he doesn't throw a fit, he shakes the other guys hand and moves on.

No never questioned the guys talent. What he did throughout the WSOB this year was very impressive and shows that he is an very talented guy.
Originally Posted By: spillup24
I recall hearing Stu Williams say that "He will never be friends with Rash." Isn't that kind of rude to say?

Stu said "He is a very talented bowler but they would never be friends because of a personality clash" and his tone was that of someone that was just being matter of fact about it, not emotionally charged. Would not say that that was a rude thing to say. There are lots of people that I meet that I feel I am never going to be friends with as we are poles apart, and I am sure it is the same for others that feel the same why.

On the other hand Williams is as boring as they come. I will take emotion any day over boring.

Really? OK he was not screaming and shout down every shot, or doing a kan-kan, be he showed emotion where it was needed got a little pumped also at times, but as it was his second show it was probably a little nervous also smile
Also, he did not say anything bad about Ruiz. He said it would be a great story if Ruiz won but a better story if he (Rash) won.

It was this statement that I personally though was a little arrogant. If he had said it was a great story if Ruiz won by he would prefer to win himself" then fine but the fact that it would be a better story? by using that word it implies that it would be more interesting; we as the public would be more interested in reading a story about rash winning than Ruiz. Now maybe it would be.. who knows, but to assume that about yourself to me steps over the line of confidence in to the world of arrogance.
Originally Posted By: kwik8
Was that Barrett next to him the last game?

Yes it was Dom Barrett

#161446 - 01/24/12 06:41 PM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: whitepuffin]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
Originally Posted By: whitepuffin
I might have not been so reactive to it. But he actual said more along the lines "its one thing to bowl against Dom Barrett and Osko but he has a lot to lean about bowling in the US" so to me (and again this is just my opinion) he has not only been disrespectful to Stu, but also Dom Barrett and osku

I took that quote as outside of Osku and Dom the talent level isn't the same.

Like Galoot said it's a mater of context, we don't know the exact question asked or if ESPN chose to put it together in such a way as to create drama.

#161447 - 01/24/12 06:56 PM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: B-Hammer]
whitepuffin Offline
Junior

I took that quote as outside of Osku and Dom the talent level isn't the same.

Like Galoot said it's a mater of context, we don't know the exact question asked or if ESPN chose to put it together in such a way as to create drama.

Your right it may well of been in that context, and it was only a sound bite from a much longer interview so the context may not be clear. I am willing to accept that.

On a side note the European tour should not be under estimated though. granted there are not as many superstars as in the PBA, but the European tour does not have the History, but there are a number of very talented bowlers who I am sure could hold their own. and with the WTBA getting up and running there may be more opportunity for the best in Europe to test their skills against the best from around the world.

Edited by whitepuffin (01/24/12 07:14 PM)

#161450 - 01/24/12 07:04 PM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: whitepuffin]
vgnano420 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 25/m/mi
Don't let them sway your opinion puffin, rash is a tool or like you guys say in England a [censored].

If Bowling is a Sport, I'm an Athlete!

#161452 - 01/24/12 07:13 PM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: vgnano420]
whitepuffin Offline
Junior

Originally Posted By: vgnano420
Don't let them sway your opinion puffin, rash is a tool or like you guys say in England a [censored].

LOL Don't worry I am not being swayed, I still hold my opinion, but it is just that; my opinion, and as much as I stand by that I also appreciate that there are two side to it and others have theirs. I acknowledge that on that particular statement there may have been more to that statement that was not aired, or could have been my misinterpretation.

Given the little laugh just before he says it still make me feel it was a derogatory put down.

#161455 - 01/24/12 08:26 PM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: whitepuffin]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
I guess Williams learned quickly enough as how to bowl on the PBA tour.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#161461 - 01/24/12 10:26 PM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: Tim Gerard]
spillup24 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: Philadelphia, PA
Originally Posted By: Tim Gerard
I guess Williams learned quickly enough as how to bowl on the PBA tour.

Williams is a good bowler on any tour. Remember this tournament was a 14 game qualifyer then the top 4 made TV. This wasn't a 40 game tournament with match play where the cream usually rises to the top to make television. So yes Williams did win but I question if he or Ruiz really would've been successful if it were a standard type tournament.

On the other hand he did qualify in what the tourney guidlines were so congrats to him.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Friends made a dumb bet
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:50 PM
Difference between shammy & microfiber towel
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:49 PM
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.