BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161382 - 01/23/12 06:58 PM Rash on ESPN this weekend
whitepuffin Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 34/m/Horsham, England.
I have just been watching the Bayer Viper open from this weekend (not being in the US I have to wait for it crying)

This week there was extra interest for me because being from England I was keen to see how Stu Williams was going to get on, and obviously I was pleased with the outcome thumbsup.

But what irritated me was Sean Rash and his comments not only about Stu Williams but also Ruiz. I know he is the new "Bad boy" of the PBA but he just seemed (a) disrespectful and (b) extreamly arrogant.

Now I accept that I might be a little bias in this because he was talking about a fellow Englishman and to be honest I have always personally thought that Rash was a bit of a cocky git, but I was keen to see how this came across to others that might not have the same bias as myself.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#161383 - 01/23/12 07:35 PM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: whitepuffin]
vgnano420 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 25/m/mi
I only watch the Pba to see rash loose. I agree with you completely and he is a disgrace to the tour. If you bowl a strike act like you have done it before. He is a infant in an adults body. I would love to hear someone explain why they are actually a fan of this guy.

If Bowling is a Sport, I'm an Athlete!

#161384 - 01/23/12 07:37 PM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: whitepuffin]
vgnano420 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 25/m/mi
I would love to say what I really feel but everything would be censored.

If Bowling is a Sport, I'm an Athlete!

#161385 - 01/23/12 07:57 PM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: whitepuffin]
tbill Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: 42/m/ny
ya, he was a bit much in that interview, guess he had crow for dinner after the match, cause Mr. Williams took home the check and trophy.
working on all of them......

track 930T [15]

member of the mooseknuckles winter vl team

#161387 - 01/23/12 09:31 PM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: whitepuffin]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
I don't mind Rash, he wears his emotions on his sleeve, he tries his best, but he can be beaten. Is there any disputing his talent? When he looses he doesn't throw a fit, he shakes the other guys hand and moves on.

The PBA needs more emotion, do you actually like to watch Robo bowling or you want to see someone care about how they are doing? Love Fagan's talent, but the guy is a robot. Pete, Walter Ray, Norm Duke they all get as fired up as Rash, they are just older so I guess that's ok, but it's not ok for Rash?

I didn't hear Rash say anything untrue in the interviews, he wants to win and he thinks the PBA tour is the best in the world which is something that Belmonte and other world players have said that it is.

#161389 - 01/23/12 10:13 PM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: whitepuffin]
spillup24 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: Philadelphia, PA
I recall hearing Stu Williams say that "He will never be friends with Rash." Isn't that kind of rude to say?

Rash has great talent and is very emotional. I like it. His best atrribute is also his worst enemy because his jacked up emotion seems to catch up with him in crucial moments. He gets to pupmed up and throws the ball through the break point. Seems to cost him every title.

On the other hand Williams is as boring as they come. I will take emotion any day over boring.

Also, he did not say anything bad about Ruiz. He said it would be a great story if Ruiz won but a better story if he (Rash) won.

Edited by spillup24 (01/23/12 10:14 PM)

#161390 - 01/23/12 10:29 PM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: whitepuffin]
kwik8 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/m/Md
Honestly when I heard him I thought he came of as being a bit harsh towards Stu, but that is Rash. He is emotional and always has been as long as I have seen him. I do think that the Pba top to bottom has the best talent in the world but I watch a lot of Euro matches on youtube and there are some really good bowlers. The Pba guys always seem to be able to go over seas (which has to be challenging) and stay at the top in most events. I think Rash did come across really abrasive and it is pretty obvious those two don't like each other.

On another note I don't think Williams was boring at all. He showed he can change his release and be versatile and he got fired up a few times. I agree that the players should be interesting to watch but I also don't want to see them running out balls on spare shots in the fifth frame either. I liked watching Williams bowl. Was that Barrett next to him the last game?

#161393 - 01/23/12 10:54 PM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: whitepuffin]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
Personally, I like Rash. I like his style of bowling. Yes he is emotional. He says what he feels and doesn't try to hide it. He never said he didn't like Williams. He never said he didn't like Ruiz. However, Williams did say that he and Rash could never be friends. Obviously there is some history with the two of them that we don't know about. I have no problem with what Rash said. I like to see different personalities bowling. I think that the PBA needs different personalities and natural rivalries. If they develop into a good rivalry maybe that can help boost Bowling. Along with Belmonte and Rash. I enjoy the conflict. Just like I always enjoyed watching Weber against Walter Ray. Rivalries make sports interesting. Bowling needs more. I would like to see Fagan develop a rivalry with someone. You know, the whole good versus evil thing.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#161396 - 01/23/12 11:20 PM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: whitepuffin]
Richie V. Offline
Virtual League Secretary,
Virtual League Champion x4

A/S/L: 52/M/Brockton, MA
vgnano, I agree w/ you to a point...normally, if you strike, you should "act like you've been there before," but I see nothing wrong with showing at least some emotion after a crucial strike, usually late in the game when it means the most. You wouldn't expect someone to remain stoic if he just shot a 300 game, would you? wink
IQ Tour Fusion
Reign of Fire
Tropical Breeze
Fast
T-Zone

Career Highs
Avg.: 197 (Summer 2008)
Book: 186
Series: 707
Game: 288

Current
Brunswick Mixed - Avg: 168 HS: 615 HG: 255
Composite avg. (w/ Sun. night sub): 170

The Tenth Board: My bowling blog
Richie's BowlSK profile

#161409 - 01/24/12 07:58 AM Re: Rash on ESPN this weekend [Re: whitepuffin]
Kitten Latch Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 19/M/Australia
Rash is a [censored]. Why doesn't Salvino take the boy aside and teach him how to act in the spotlight. I don't care how he acts on the lane, if he wants to scream half words and PARLAY every time he crumbles the 2-5 in to beat hall of famers, that's his thing, but to speak how he does about the fellow competitors on the shows in interviews where he's allowed time to think about his answer is just poor. Needs to grow up, or he'll never win a title again.

Edited by Kitten Latch (01/24/12 07:59 AM)
Black Pearl [email protected]
Terminator [email protected]
[email protected]

High Series: 793(3), 1033(4)
High Game: 300x1 17/6/11

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Friends made a dumb bet
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:50 PM
Difference between shammy & microfiber towel
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:49 PM
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.