BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161196 - 01/19/12 05:12 PM Feel like im in a travel league at my own house.
dgordon0408 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 17/M/Deltona Florida
I bowl saturday mornings and sunday nights, on sunday nights i average right around 190, on saturdays i average right around 170, so theres a 20 pin difference, the house i bowl at, the low end dosent carry and allows the least ball movement, the high end almost allows too much ball movement and almost too much pin carry where pins go everywhere but they dont all fall, the middle allows for good ball movement and good carry, but the problem is that, the house keeps moving us around in our leagues where theres only like 10 teams in each, so they could keep us in the same area every week, then not only do the lanes differ, i swear the lane man changes the shot every week, some weeks theres no oil inside on fresh, its all outside, some its completely flat across the lane, others its flooded inside and bone dry outside so you still have miss room inside but none outside, plus it seems like he changes the volume of oil, and sometimes the length. It just gets so annoying i honestly feel like im in a travel league within one house
Storm Marvel Pearl @1500 polish
Roto Grip shatter @1500 polish
Storm Victory Road Pearl @ lite 4000
Brunswick versa max @ 1000

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#161207 - 01/19/12 08:57 PM Re: Feel like im in a travel league at my own house. [Re: dgordon0408]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
Embrace it, learn how to identify the shot and make the adjustments to score well. Its easy to complain and lots of bowlers do it, but the best bowlers adapt. It's also a nice excuse to build a big arsenal. For a lot of ths leagues you can do well with just one ball.

#161208 - 01/19/12 09:19 PM Re: Feel like im in a travel league at my own house. [Re: dgordon0408]
dgordon0408 Offline

well im learning to deal with it, but i mean i absolutely hate when the lane man swears he dosent change the shot, but its obvious that he is. Ive been shown graphs of what im bowling on and ill tell him the name of the pattern, and he will tell me that im just bowling on a normal house shot not the pattern i named. so i dont really like the lane man, but i do adapt and i have a 5 ball arsenal including plastic so its pretty good, im gonna redo it as i go up to 15, my first 15 is probably gonna be the hellraiser revenge to handle those annoying lanes that we have

#161224 - 01/20/12 05:38 AM Re: Feel like im in a travel league at my own house. [Re: dgordon0408]
Handful Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 32/male/St Pete, FL/ usa
Originally Posted By: dgordon0408
i absolutely hate when the lane man swears he dosent change the shot, but its obvious that he is.

He actually may not be purposely changing it, There are so many variables from weather to poorly maintained lane machines that the lane man isn't aware of that could be causing issue, but there is nothing you can do so don't worry about it.
B-Hammer is right, enjoy the weekly change as an adventure. Some of us would love to have this for a house league, keeps you on your toes.
Slingshot

#161227 - 01/20/12 07:58 AM Re: Feel like im in a travel league at my own house. [Re: Handful]
Dave800 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: Burbs of Milwaukee
Are these wood lanes?

I'm in a wood lane house that isn't the amount of difference you describe, but it is different every week for sure.

this house is different if you do not oil at the same time every day and if the outside temp/humidity is different from one week to the next.
However, this house is for strokers only, if you turn the ball at all, you will not score.
If you have 20 year old sanded blue hammer and fire it up 5-10, then you can shoot 800
Hammer rebel
Severe Delirium
Gamebreaker2
Gamebreaker2 Phenom Pearl
Track Kinetic
Hammer Phobia
Columbia sideswipe solid
Track Legion solid

#161243 - 01/20/12 03:27 PM Re: Feel like im in a travel league at my own house. [Re: dgordon0408]
dgordon0408 Offline

no these are synthetic amf lanes, but i do live in florida so humiditiy could have something to do with it, i know that lane 1 rarely breaks down because there is a door next to it so the humiditiy makes it seem like the lane oil never goes away

#161247 - 01/20/12 04:56 PM Re: Feel like im in a travel league at my own house. [Re: dgordon0408]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 45 m
Hey mate, way I see it.. Enjoy the challenge, or complain and whine.. I use to be in the latter category, now if conditions change I know I will perform ok, as apposed to a year or so ago, I am more adaptable, and confident when lanes change from day to day..

If u can score well on your house shot that changes every couple of days, and u are being forced into finding new lines, or work at hand release or altering speed, then it is only going to improve your bowling.. Trust me, u will beat those sooky 200 plus bowlers when their shot goes, as u can think and adapt..

Embrace it.. It has taken me some years to now love it when theres no oil, or oil drenched lanes...

On a side note, when the mechanic (over last 6months) who is responsible for oiling stuffs up or denies doing this, I use to see RED!! lol, now I know that he is pretty average on his best day, so I can expect anything..

#161251 - 01/20/12 06:46 PM Re: Feel like im in a travel league at my own house. [Re: dgordon0408]
dgordon0408 Offline

Im going to start embracing it, i think im going to buy some abralon pads to experiment with surface changes some more on my own, because i recently started roughing stuff up to get it to move earlier but i dont know what would happen if i took my tropical breeze and got it started earlier because its already strong on light oil would it be stronger? idk its something for me to try and look into

#161291 - 01/21/12 09:10 PM Re: Feel like im in a travel league at my own house. [Re: dgordon0408]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 45 m
Basically, if your league bowling was your job, u would come to work with the right tools.. So, get your bag of balls, have fun with working on them, and learn how to use them for various conditions u may encounter during league.. Thats what I do, my only problem is that i tend to only use one main strike ball and a plastic spare ball..

RE tropical breeze, if it moves early now, and u sand it back, sounds like it may hook even earlier??

Keep it simple mate to begin with, a light-med oil ball and med-heay oil ball and a plastic for spares.. Work at your game, move your feet, and enjoy the challenge..

#161295 - 01/21/12 09:42 PM Re: Feel like im in a travel league at my own house. [Re: dgordon0408]
dgordon0408 Offline

well, i shot pretty well today, but on the breeze thing, well i mean if im playing the friction its really uncontrollable with the jumpiness but its not strong enough to play the oil, so im thinking by sanding it and taking off the polish it will smooth out the reaction and make it more controllable, and i just have to replace my theory with something strong and my arsenal will be pretty complete

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
End of Days
by steveA - 10/16/19 06:00 PM
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by BOSStull - 10/04/19 06:17 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.