BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#160713 - 01/11/12 09:38 PM Re: What's with the hate on the Shorties? [Re: Domokun]
VFF57 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 50's/M/NJ
My experience is limited to the Cheetah and shorter THS patterns. The houses version of the Cheetah I bowled on was big time over/under. I was chasing the shot the entire set from what I can remember. In all fairness, I really don't know what to make of it because I didn't get that many games on it. As far as a THS, it depends on the outside oil. I enjoy being able to swing the ball out more and have it come back. If the outsides are too dry I'll gradually end up muscling the snot out of the ball which is not good. As far as spares, that's where the plastic ball comes in handy.
-------------------------
Motiv: Raptor P7
MoRich: Aggressive Motion
Storm: VG,Crossroad,NP
Hammer: Spike,Psycho,Raw Anger,
Cherry Vibe,Taboo Plastic/Spare,
Black Hammer
Columbia: White Dot

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#160999 - 01/16/12 12:32 AM Re: What's with the hate on the Shorties? [Re: VFF57]
Dave800 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: Burbs of Milwaukee
I had the most difficulty with the short patterns.
I have a bit of hand and friction is not usually my friend.
Some practice sessions and a surface adjustment and I was much better.
The shortys were the highest scoring pattern in my league
3 -300's and an 804

Hammer rebel
Severe Delirium
Gamebreaker2
Gamebreaker2 Phenom Pearl
Track Kinetic
Hammer Phobia
Columbia sideswipe solid
Track Legion solid

#161004 - 01/16/12 01:22 AM Re: What's with the hate on the Shorties? [Re: Domokun]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
I have a harder time with the shorter patterns. The reason being that I have to increase my ball speed and throw straighter. It's the increase in ball speed that makes my game inconsistent. Although I haven't tried it since I got the Natural. I would think that I would bowl much better on the shorter patterns with the Natural. I could play my favorite line with the smoother rolling ball. I would just have to make sure I have it with me.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#161007 - 01/16/12 06:11 AM Re: What's with the hate on the Shorties? [Re: Domokun]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
It was the Sunday before Thanksgiving, when while practicing as usual on Sunday morning, I noticed the lane oiler broke down on lane 8. 2 mechanics were working on it on the lanes.

Ever since then, I have been having trouble in league in this house, being stuck in the 590's. I'm having trouble holding a line and leaving tons of back row pins. No atrings of atrikes, just plenty of spares. My average has plumited 12 pins.

Well Friday, while I coach Juniors, I walked down the outside lane and looked at the fresh oil that was just laid. And, there it was, a clear break of oil at 37 feet, and dry on the ouside, past 8. I asked the laneman what happened to our usual 40 foot shot. He finally told me that since the lane machine went down, several oil patterns cannot be run, including the normal shot.

So, there it is. The main reason I have been having trouble. My mormal equipment does not like this, and is not drilled to roll on this.

I have noticed that middle averaged bowlers have been having success, while some higher averaged strokers are having trouble. I believe the shorter parrern is causing just enough disturmance to cause me trouble.

So, I pulled out a couple of older bals, that I have shelved, but should work on this condition. I rolled with them Sunday morn, and did average 218 over 6 games. This is significantly better then I have been doing with my stronger drilled balls with an arc.

So, I guess I move left, and swing the ball in Monday league.

But, a complaint was waged with the house. Why would they keep that a secret?
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#161010 - 01/16/12 10:19 AM Re: What's with the hate on the Shorties? [Re: Dennis Michael]
Russ I. Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 43/m/wis
Originally Posted By: Dennis Michael
before Thanksgiving, .

So, I pulled out a couple of older bals, that I have shelved, but should work on this condition. I rolled with them Sunday morn, and did average 218 over 6 games. This is significantly better then I have been doing with my stronger drilled balls with an arc.

So, I guess I move left, and swing the ball in Monday league.

But, a complaint was waged with the house. Why would they keep that a secret?

Yep but at our house they didnt' keep it a secret of the issues. Heck the week after a teammate and I went to the back with the owners grandson(kid runs the house) and we looked at the sideboards/oil he goes ahead and gets all new sideboards for the 1st 12 lanes. Since that and getting the oiler fixed and producing a consistant shot even though not easy there have been 6 700's, a 755, and a 300 just in our league. Before that were wasn't any series over 700.
I have to say that people were very frustrated but knew of the issues. They fixed all the issues and the scores are climbing. Same shot for 4 weeks now
PAP 4 7/8" x 0

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Plugging balance holes
by BOSStull - 03/27/20 07:27 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 03/27/20 07:20 PM
2020 Nationals
by Doogie - 03/20/20 10:30 AM
This is a damned shame
by 82Boat69 - 03/17/20 07:48 PM
Belmo and the 2020 US Open
by BOSStull - 03/17/20 07:45 PM
COVID-10 and center closings
by BOSStull - 03/17/20 07:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.