BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#160151 - 01/03/12 02:08 PM Re: Tournament bowlers, Please help [Re: metguy]
dgordon0408 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 17/M/Deltona Florida
Hunter, im not sure of your age but if you are a youth there are tons of youth tournaments especially in the central florida area that offer handicap divisions, and they are on sport conditions that are pretty difficult, last one i bowled in was on the 36ft junior gold short pattern. And consistency is a must i practiced on a sport pattern yesterday that was leftover from a tournament the day before, the way it played it felt like about a 43 or 44 foot pattern, so i ended up playing a really tight line to the pocket and it was very difficult to carry corner pins. I had some hold to my left but to my right if i missed more than a board or board and a half i didnt touch the pocket, its just those little things like accuracy that have to be almost perfect
Storm Marvel Pearl @1500 polish
Roto Grip shatter @1500 polish
Storm Victory Road Pearl @ lite 4000
Brunswick versa max @ 1000

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#160152 - 01/03/12 02:21 PM Re: Tournament bowlers, Please help [Re: metguy]
Hunter Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 29/M/Jacksonville, FL
I don't know why my age isn't showing, I will have to show that. I am 29, so I don't qualify for those.

What websites do you use to track tournaments in Florida? I would love to go bowl on some "used" sport patterns to see how I fare.
Columbia White Dot

This Season Goals:
Average: 180+
Game: 250+
Series High: 600+ - Achieved 1/25/12 @ 612; 3/13/12 @ 625

#160153 - 01/03/12 02:31 PM Re: Tournament bowlers, Please help [Re: metguy]
dgordon0408 Offline

well i get my tournament info from youth league, some guys on the mens league, and from Facebook. Some centers will actually lay down sport patterns that you can open bowl on, my center dosent but they do run tournaments every once in while so i get sport experience there, and if you find a place where you can bowl on sport patterns specifically ask for fresh patterns because good bowlers will work together to break down the pattern to make it easier, almost like a house shot. I do know that if you go down to kegel training center in lake whales you can bowl on sport conditions and track accuracy on C.A.T.S for 50 for a half day, and 100 for a full day. They also offer private lessons but those run in the 300-500 range depending on if you choose a half or full day.

#160171 - 01/03/12 06:18 PM Re: Tournament bowlers, Please help [Re: Hunter]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Originally Posted By: Hunter
Just curious, and I don't mean to steer this off-topic...but what kind of Tournament is this? I know nothing about bowling tournaments except the ones on TV which are head 2 head.

Are all Tournaments like this? They are probably all scratch, too, right? So if you aren't able to bowl 220+ consistently over 3 games, it probably wouldn't be worth it, right?

I can't imagine there are many handicap tournaments with the possibility of people sandbagging, right?

There are plenty of handicap tournaments, but usually they don't have any direct competition. It's usually just the best total from a 3 or more game series plus the handicap. Some may use qualifying rounds and then some sort of direct competition in the finals.
HS:763

#160174 - 01/03/12 06:22 PM Re: Tournament bowlers, Please help [Re: metguy]
dgordon0408 Offline

the youth tournaments i bowl in have scratch and handicap divisions which applies through qualifying, and then matchplay/stepladder finals

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 10:12 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:39 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:32 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.