BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#159891 - 12/27/11 06:38 AM Curious, does your center promote pro bowling?
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 45 m
HI just went down for a hit of tennis at my club, and there were a dozen or more posters in the clubhouse of pro players (male and female), just wondering if anyones bowling center does the same???

My center nothing, I even politely suggested to promote a felow Aussie over on PBA, no postive response...

It's kinda hard to believe that bowling doesn't self promote itself!! Staggering really.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#159892 - 12/27/11 08:57 AM Re: Curious, does your center promote pro bowling? [Re: looseleftie]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
What a good question loose, and in my case no, I bowl in two different house one is a small 10 lane house so maybe I can understand that one to a point just not much room. The other one though actually has a small sports bar in it with about 6 tvs,I don't remember ever seeing the PBA on one of them.

Whats really weird there are 2 ex pro bowlers at that house one is the owner Alley Clarke, the other is Ted Hannis. Now when I was a kid it was a whole different story. I remember buying pro bowler trading cards, card board cut outs of the bowlers and signature line bowling balls. I still have my Earl Anthony urethane ball that I got him to autograph as well when the tour used to hit palace lanes in Columbus.
Mutant Cell

#159895 - 12/27/11 10:58 AM Re: Curious, does your center promote pro bowling? [Re: looseleftie]
slaterracing Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 36/M/Adel, Iowa, USA
I bowl in a few houses in my area and only one of them has a large banner up and that is the Storm one with Tom Hess on it and that is because it is Tom's Home house. Other than that nothing. An like rocket said one of the houses i bowl at is owned by a former PBA play Denny Torgessen (cant remember if i spelled that right) he has traveled all over the world and bowled with all of the major players and still nothing. Kinda odd if you ask me.
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#159898 - 12/27/11 12:02 PM Re: Curious, does your center promote pro bowling? [Re: looseleftie]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
Couple of out dated posters, which may be gone now that the center is converting more into a family fun center.

#159900 - 12/27/11 01:37 PM Re: Curious, does your center promote pro bowling? [Re: looseleftie]
vgnano420 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 25/m/mi
I'm with slater in that my house is where mika kov. Goes to practice when he is home. The only thing they have is a glass case with a signed picture and pin with a couple news articles. The rest of the alley is covered in alcohol advertising because that is the most important aspect in bowling these days. Last night when I was up there I noticed Jackie bowling in a women's league. I'm sure you guys know her she is the one girl with fake blonde hair at every bowling telecast. I wanted to go buy her a couple drinks but then realized I wouldn't like a girlfriend that beats me all the time.

If Bowling is a Sport, I'm an Athlete!

#159904 - 12/27/11 04:44 PM Re: Curious, does your center promote pro bowling? [Re: looseleftie]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

haha vgnano, she averages, according to usbc standings around 158 , I bothered to track her scores down as she bowls a few leagues a week when not working...PLEASE NOTE: I am not a staulker!!! lol.. If I was a single bloke, then I would have bought her a few drinks for sure..Shes a cutie!! I normally don't go for blondes at all, but she has something about her for sure.. Very plesant disposition..

Amazing guys, your local house owned by ex pro bowlers not really promoting the highest tier of their chosen sport, and one that they have taken a big financial risk on in a business...

At the moment, we have AMF putting adds on TV here.. The whole thing is about fun and entertainment.. Fair enough.. It really does appear at times like they are solely aiming bowling as a rec activity!! Like its going to be their long term guarantee..

#159905 - 12/27/11 04:59 PM Re: Curious, does your center promote pro bowling? [Re: looseleftie]
vgnano420 Offline
Bracket Donor

Hah nice I guess I just assumed she was good because bowling is how she makes a living. There is always next time, but leftie if you find anymore good info about her let me know HAHA

#159909 - 12/27/11 06:02 PM Re: Curious, does your center promote pro bowling? [Re: looseleftie]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

Just to preface, I am not a staulker eek crazy, and in saying that she has a web site jackiebowling.com.. Have fun!! lol

She may have improved a lot since I saw the scores, but she is very keen on her own bowling.. I think she will be pretty reasonable in time..

#159924 - 12/28/11 10:12 AM Re: Curious, does your center promote pro bowling? [Re: looseleftie]
10PinGaloot Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 65/m/ Woodburn, OR
My center,Hazel Dell Lanes (in Hazel Dell), is a PBA practice center, as proclaimed by a sticker on the front door. The center is owned by PBA hall of fame bowler Dave Husted.

Inside, there are displays of bowling pins. I suppose I should find out whether those are from Dave's career....

If I'd known JB bowls in Livonia, I would have gone there after picking up my equipment from Dan McLalin at Premier Bowlers Pro Shop at Oak Lanes. It's just 2 or 3 miles away. Too bad I left Detroit... But I still root for their football team.

"I love the smell of lane conditioner in the morning!"
current avatar is Gabby Hayes. Looks a lot like me! smile

#159936 - 12/28/11 02:21 PM Re: Curious, does your center promote pro bowling? [Re: looseleftie]
vgnano420 Offline
Bracket Donor

It's nice to see the lions moving in the right direction. I'm hoping for a rematch against the 49ers in the first round.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
End of Days
by steveA - Yesterday at 11:45 AM
Duplicating the reaction of an obsolete ball
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 10:29 AM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 08:41 AM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - 08/16/18 01:06 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by wronghander - 08/07/18 08:45 PM
Short Pin to Axis Layouts for Full Rollers?
by nord - 07/28/18 04:27 PM
Axis Weight Layout for Full Roller?
by Mkirchie - 07/28/18 07:45 AM
PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox
by Gutterballqueen313 - 07/25/18 01:50 PM
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 07/24/18 08:26 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.