BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#159748 - 12/21/11 04:03 PM More Two Handed Bowling
d_j_s Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: M/Göteborg
This is a video of some recent footage from a tournament. All of the shots are on sport patterns. I have an average ball speed of about 20 mph, but I throw one handed at almost 30 for some one handed shots (check out the spare shot at 2:51). Please excuse the fact that this is not a “serious” video, I wanted it to appeal to both bowlers and non-bowlers. Any comments or critiques would be appreciated.
House Average: 224
Sport Average: 206
Tour Average: 195

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#159771 - 12/22/11 05:07 AM Re: More Two Handed Bowling [Re: d_j_s]
d_j_s Offline
Junior Master

#159812 - 12/23/11 06:52 AM Re: More Two Handed Bowling [Re: d_j_s]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 45 m
Gret bowling mate, well done...
20mph??? Perhaps 17-18 maybe, I don't think 20mph though, at least on what I have seen...
Game looks great.. Noticed unlike some 2 handers (will use Belmo and Osku as an example) your a little more upright, not a lot but noticeable... 206 sports ave, sweet smile

2 hander myself, considerably slower, and forever trying this and that to get it right.. Today for first time in 3yrs of 2 handed bowling, I incorporated a slide rather than plant into delivery, encouraging results...

I like your game, obviously u are consistant, which is the name of the game..

How long have u been 2 handed?

#159822 - 12/23/11 04:56 PM Re: More Two Handed Bowling [Re: d_j_s]
Matt Z Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 15 male california
It looked like you throw a pretty good ball, but i noticed 3 things specifically that could be improved:
1. Your head at release moves too much. If you can keep your head steady throughout your approach and finish, you will hit your target much more consistantly. It probably comes from another thing i noticed...
2. That you pop up out of most of the shots. Having leverage at the bottom of the swing is key, and that means getting low with your body and letting your knees/legs producing most of your power. When you come out of it like you do, you lose considerable potential revs and speed.
3. Lastly, your followthrough looks a bit cut-off. That isnt always bad (Stu Williams makes it work), but if you followed through toward your target, you will see more consistency and you will elbow it less.
And remember, take these with a grain of salt, you throw a pretty solid ball, these are just little tweaks that you dont have to try.

#159824 - 12/23/11 06:12 PM Re: More Two Handed Bowling [Re: d_j_s]
vgnano420 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 25/m/mi
Different song would be nice

If Bowling is a Sport, I'm an Athlete!

#160012 - 12/31/11 04:38 AM Re: More Two Handed Bowling [Re: d_j_s]
d_j_s Offline
Junior Master

I have been bowling two handed for about 19 months. I agree with all of the points given especially my head moving. I am pretty sure that the ball speed is at least 19 mph. Also, I am sorry if you disliked the song, please try to concentrate on the bowling.

#161305 - 01/22/12 04:46 AM Re: More Two Handed Bowling [Re: d_j_s]
d_j_s Offline
Junior Master

I have been working on being a bit more balanced at the line, obviously don't succeed all of the time, but I think that it is getting better. Consistency is also better with a bit slower approach like Jason Belmonte has gone to.

#161306 - 01/22/12 06:25 AM Re: More Two Handed Bowling [Re: d_j_s]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 45 m
Hi there, your approach speed appears that bit slower in this video, don't know whether its my eyes but from 1.15 on, it seems like u have slowed approach down, and look a bit more stable at fouline (not falling off shot).. Nice ave on a sports shot mate...

Is your center in Gotenburg? Looks like a boutique kinda bowling centre?

#161308 - 01/22/12 06:36 AM Re: More Two Handed Bowling [Re: looseleftie]
d_j_s Offline
Junior Master

Thanks for your reply. That center is actually in another city called Mölndal. You are dead on with the balance thing. The clips are in order of when they happened, and at first I was very unbalanced. The start of the fourth or fifth game I left a split and then a rare ringing ten and I realized that I really just needed to slow down and concentrate on being more balanced. I then shot ten in a row and had a nice 275.

#161330 - 01/22/12 07:54 PM Re: More Two Handed Bowling [Re: d_j_s]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
Wow, Impressive and yes I agree the balanced post shots looked much better timing looked much better as well. smile
Mutant Cell

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - Today at 06:01 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.