BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#158232 - 11/15/11 11:32 PM Is Norm Duke a good guy? How about Chris Barnes?
PowerBall Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 36/M/Ca
Whenever someone gets into something they like to emulate their favorite player, or at least a really good one... but then hate to find out that the person is a jerk outside of the game. Like tiger woods being a cheating manwhore.. So just curious if Norm Duke is a pretty decent guy from what you all know?

I think I relate to Norm Duke because of his height lol (though I'm probably much heavier)... meanwhile Chris Barnes is the total opposite of me.

Edited by TidalKnight (11/15/11 11:56 PM)

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#158257 - 11/16/11 11:45 AM Re: Is Norm Duke a good guy? How about Chris Barnes? [Re: PowerBall]
champ Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 30/M/AZ
Your best bet is to appreciate them for what they are...great bowlers. Everyone has a past, and everyone's made mistakes, we just don't have the media trying to make us demons over it.

That being said, I've never heard anything but good things about both of them. I know Chris is a family man, and Duke is known for being a super competitive action bowler. That's all I really know about them outside the PBA.

#158264 - 11/16/11 01:30 PM Re: Is Norm Duke a good guy? How about Chris Barnes? [Re: PowerBall]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
I can say, from working with Norm 4-5 times that he is one of the best entertainers in the sport. He is great with kids and loves to bowl with them and interact. I can promise you that if you ever get the chance to talk or be around Duke you will not be the slight bit disappointed. He is a great person to want to model yourself off of, both on the lanes and as a person in general.

Barnes is a little more reserved but I wouldn't say he is a jerk by any means. He is not out-going but will definitely sit and chat if you go up to him.

Side note, Randy Pedersen is also a great guy to be around. Quick story on him:

He gave away two bowling balls at the last event I worked with him, the same person won both so he decided to give one of his own away, on top of what he had already given away. The person won and he said they could just come to his house if they would like to pick it up. When the girl went (with her mom and young brother) they were given two bowling balls, a new 3 ball roller and the little boy was playing PS3 at Randy's house while they chatted. At the end of the visit Randy unplugged the PS3 and handed it to the mom, along with the games and gave it away so that the little boy would be able to play when he got home. Pretty cool story if you ask me.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#158270 - 11/16/11 03:01 PM Re: Is Norm Duke a good guy? How about Chris Barnes? [Re: PowerBall]
TominNJ Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 59 M EHT NJ
That's a good story about Randy.

I didn't originally care for Chris Barnes (nothing specific - just a feeling I had) but I watched the "League of Ordinary Gentlemen" and became a fan.

I'm a fan of Norm Duke as well. Mostly I suppose because I like his instructional DVD so much.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Mkirchie - 10/14/18 12:15 PM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.