BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#156394 - 10/11/11 08:59 PM PAP and 10 pin
MJA Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 35/M/Ft. Wayne IN
Hello all, I've been away for quite some time. Work has been hectic and good but hasnt allowed me time for browsing around here.

I have a question. I went through a battle with tendonitis and wrist issues at the end of last season and early summer. Thankfully everything is better now, but I have adopted a more powerful wrist position/release out of this. My rev rate went up some and I had to adjust to the lanes some but now I am leaving a bunch of 10 pins (righty). I have moved all around trying to kick it out, have went to stonger finishing ball when needed and I'm still leaving 10 pins. Is it possible my PAP has changed causing this to happen? Or is it all in my head?

Thanks,
Mark
15# Crossroad
"all with switch grips"

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#156395 - 10/11/11 09:03 PM Re: PAP and 10 pin [Re: MJA]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
Why not get all of your specs again and see if the layouts still seem correct. Could be that your balls are no longer laid out in an optimal position.

#156396 - 10/11/11 09:11 PM Re: PAP and 10 pin [Re: B-Hammer]
MJA Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 35/M/Ft. Wayne IN
Thanks B, thats kinda of what I thinking. I have tomarrow off, may have to slide over to the Pro Shop and get checked out.
15# Crossroad
"all with switch grips"

#156443 - 10/12/11 11:32 PM Re: PAP and 10 pin [Re: MJA]
kwik8 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/m/Md
You would have to change your position a good bit to have that much impact based on just layout. Surface is the biggest determining factor. Keep in mind most bowlers change release slightly to get the desired reaction at the back or to clear the heads. My opinion is you just have to get used to the difference in your release. It def won't hurt to remeasure but just keep working on repeating that release with the new wrist position. I go from straight up the back to changing tilt etc to get it to clear. I find some nights chasing inside and altering my hand position to get stronger back ends is the dif in weak hits and delayed stronger continuation. Hope you get it figured out.

Edited by kwik8 (10/12/11 11:34 PM)

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
End of Days
by steveA - Yesterday at 11:45 AM
Duplicating the reaction of an obsolete ball
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 10:29 AM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 08:41 AM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - 08/16/18 01:06 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by wronghander - 08/07/18 08:45 PM
Short Pin to Axis Layouts for Full Rollers?
by nord - 07/28/18 04:27 PM
Axis Weight Layout for Full Roller?
by Mkirchie - 07/28/18 07:45 AM
PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox
by Gutterballqueen313 - 07/25/18 01:50 PM
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 07/24/18 08:26 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.