BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#154674 - 08/28/11 05:26 PM 2011-2012 ABT
ryanfeia Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 26/M/Wisconsin
Figured I would start a thread for this years ABT tournaments.

Milwaukee had their first tournament today, and I have been preparing all summer for these. The house is notorious for laying down tough shots, and they did not disappoint. Shot was the 09' Viper pattern (37') with a 1.76:1 ratio of oil. Very flat across the middle of the lane with a moderate amount of backend. Started off decently, 154, 169. I felt like I had a good line going, make my spares, stayed out of trouble. The third game completely fell apart, as I failed to move in enough, and started with 4 straight opens for a very disappointing 118. Finished -58 on the day with my terrible third game.

I was very amped up for this tournament, so I didn't feel like I was in rhythm from the get-go. I was too fast with my feet as well as my swing. I felt too fast all over and went to work on that this afternoon after the morning session. Looking forward to a better showing next time.
Victory Road Solid
Reign Supreme
Brunswick Plastic

Fall 2011 Stats
THS AVG:192.00
Sport AVG: 179.00
HG:279 HS:693

"Stop Whining, Go Practice!"

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#157406 - 10/31/11 08:53 AM Re: 2011-2012 ABT [Re: ryanfeia]
TominNJ Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 59 M EHT NJ
I joined the ABT and bowled in my first tournament yesterday at King Pin Lanes in EHT, NJ (my home center). I wasn't sure what to expect going in. It was my first experience on a competition level oil pattern (sorry not sure what it was). It took a while to even begin to figure it out and I finished at +0 for the tournament.

Great fun! I'm looking forward to the next one. Possibly this weekend at 30 Strikes in Stratford, NJ.

#157848 - 11/08/11 11:39 AM Re: 2011-2012 ABT [Re: ryanfeia]
TominNJ Offline
Virtual League Champion

I participated in my second ABT tournament this past weekend at 30 Strikes in Stratford, NJ (formerly Martinique). I was mentally prepared for a heavy oil condition and...

They put us on the oldest lanes they have. Wood lanes with very little oil. I had some problems keeping the ball on the left side of the headpin and rolled a 141, 173, 153. Finished +35 for the day and the cut was +61. I missed some easy spares that would have put me into the semi-finals if I had picked them up. Disappointing but a better showing than last week.

The conditions were the same for everyone so I have no complaint about them. I'm a purist and actually like the idea of wood lanes. I just wish I had brought the right ball for them. I am not happy with the little pits that I now have in my Nano. It looks like someone worked on it with an icepick.

I'm looking forward to the next one. Possibly New Castle DE or Brooklawn, NJ.

#159387 - 12/14/11 05:18 PM Re: 2011-2012 ABT [Re: ryanfeia]
morgans Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 21/male/ct
does any one no if theres a ABT in CT ?

#159390 - 12/14/11 06:26 PM Re: 2011-2012 ABT [Re: morgans]
TominNJ Offline
Virtual League Champion

Originally Posted By: morgans
does any one no if theres a ABT in CT ?

Based on the tours listed on the national ABT website, the Philadelphia area ABT is the one closest to CT.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 10:12 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:39 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:32 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.