BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#154299 - 08/18/11 02:38 AM Already See Some Problems Asking Additional Advice
Saint David Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 20/M/NJ
The following videos are from after league practice the other night, one's a spare shot the other is my strike ball.

Okay, so I already see the following problems:

-Not bending low enough
-Not locking the wrist enough
-Not staying behind the ball
-Swinging feet out way too far

Spare Shot

Strike Shot

Believe it or not the strike shot is actually a lot of hook for me. I'm learning to really put some more revs on the ball. Sorry it's only a rear shot but, does it look like a free arm swing to you guys?

As always I really appreciate any help you guys/gals can give me.

-Thanks
-Drew

#15 Hammer Emerald Vibe
#15 Brunswick Skull Plastic

High Game: 205
High Series: 462 (151-180-131)
Current Average: 130

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#154301 - 08/18/11 05:12 AM Re: Already See Some Problems Asking Additional Advice [Re: Saint David]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
I can't see much from that angle, I need to see from straight behind, and from the right side. Also zoom it in to the point where you can see your feet and the top of your head at the start, if it is too far back it is very hard to see on line.

#154302 - 08/18/11 08:11 AM Re: Already See Some Problems Asking Additional Advice [Re: Saint David]
metguy Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 46/m/waverly iowa
One thing that stands out is that first step crossover. Makes me think there is some kind of balance issue in your pushaway.

Like CoachJim says, its hard to tell from that angle but it looks like your right foot is in front of your left yet your shoulders are slightly open. This is a contradiction.

The long sleeve shirt makes it hard to tell where your elbow is though i have a feeling its not tucked because i see way too much sleeve.

For the amount of backswing you have, the free-armswing looks fine.

This season: HG-289 HS-685
Career #'s : HG-299 HS-782

Arsonal: Heat (Pearl), 2Fast, Blue Hammer, Raptor P7, Fire Road

TRANSITIONING TO MOTIV EQUIPMENT
(CCWBRA)

#154306 - 08/18/11 09:18 AM Re: Already See Some Problems Asking Additional Advice [Re: Saint David]
spillup24 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: Philadelphia, PA
The major problem I see is that McNabb jersey!!! Get a new one!

#154309 - 08/18/11 11:47 AM Re: Already See Some Problems Asking Additional Advice [Re: Saint David]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
I would not listen to any advice you get from these videos - you need one from directly behind, and one from the side where the video taker is standing at the foul line about 2 lanes away.

Edited by cgeorg (08/18/11 11:48 AM)

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#154512 - 08/23/11 12:24 PM Re: Already See Some Problems Asking Additional Advice [Re: Saint David]
spr3wr Offline
USBC Bronze Level Coach

A/S/L: 54/m/MICHIGAN
High series 810
Current ave. 213

#154519 - 08/23/11 04:30 PM Re: Already See Some Problems Asking Additional Advice [Re: Saint David]
JW123 Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 45/M/NJ
You don't use a whole lot of lane on the 10 pin, and standing right, crossing over, and drifting left is a bit out of the norm for shooting that spare. It's okay if you can roll it straight up your target board, but you certainly just nicked it. Shoot that pin at an angle, lose the crossover step, and walk a straight line. (I'm only referring to your spare shot with this, the crossover is a good thing for the strike ball and also many spare shots, but not the 10 pin.)

As for your swing and other technique, you're ok. If this was on a house shot, you can't expect a lot of hook on your strike ball when you put it that close to the middle (and you don't want it to hook much from there), I can't read the revs on your ball but even if you revved it like a gyroscope, you're not going to hook it there.

HG: 279 santioned/300 unsanctioned
HS3: 671
HS4: 847

12-13 Averages:
177 full season league
171/175 (both halves short-season)

First "Triple Deucey" 3/28/2012: 226-212-202 for 640.

#154523 - 08/23/11 06:20 PM Re: Already See Some Problems Asking Additional Advice [Re: Saint David]
Saint David Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 20/M/NJ
Wow, okay, tonight is league so i'll try to get some better videos.

As far as the spare shooting goes I make about 80% of all my spares shooting straight with plastic and I make almost all of my ten pins and yes even seven pins that way.

I have had a few lessons with a coach about a year ago, and it took me a long time to piece together what he was trying to teach me. So a lot of my problems come from just trying to work on what he taught me to do. We're getting there.

I do believe in and prefer [censored] Ritger's way of teaching. So i'm working on just playing a straight line and once I master that I will work on angles.

#15 Hammer Emerald Vibe
#15 Brunswick Skull Plastic

High Game: 205
High Series: 462 (151-180-131)
Current Average: 130

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Leading with the ring finger...
by djp1080 - 08/19/19 10:21 PM
2019 Summer Leagues
by Dennis Michael - 08/15/19 08:37 AM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by Dennis Michael - 08/13/19 07:06 PM
Last Online 10 days ago
by BOSStull - 08/10/19 10:03 AM
PBA 2 Game Formats and Roll-Offs (No Spoilers)
by champ - 07/22/19 05:30 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.