BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 39 of 39 < 1 2 ... 37 38 39
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#166623 - 05/03/12 10:49 PM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Richie V.]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
I started with my Reign of Fire playing the lanes deep. Got the first 3 strikes before leaving a 10 pin and missing. Spare, double, spare, big four (miss). In the tenth I struck and picked up a ten pin for a 199. The lanes were in transition all night. They started out kind of oily and after a while the oil started to push down the lane. So I had to move a little outside. We lost the first game by about 120 sticks.

The second game I adjusted much better. I had the front four and then missed a 2-8-10 split. I almost left it again but the 10 pin fell. Okay, now it's time to adjust. I moved outside and played the lanes straighter. Plus a little more speed. I got the last 5 strikes for a 242. We won this game and I won my match point.

The last game the lanes changed again. This time my line dried up outside and I shelled down in the middle of the game. I struck in the 7th 8th and 9th. Big build up for the finish. We we up and we knew we would win the game. We had to win by at least 50 to win wood. I needed to strike out. I threw a beautiful ball and got a ringing 10 pin. Struck on the final shot for a 197. We won the game but lost wood by 4 pins. I lost my match point but took the series point.

I was happy with my adjustments. This year I definitely made my adjustments quicker. I feel like they were the right ones.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#166643 - 05/05/12 10:01 AM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Richie V.]
TominNJ Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 59 M EHT NJ
We bowled the last night of our league on Thurs. I don't remember my exact scores but they were something like 189, 246, 148. I had it in the second game and threw 8 strikes in a row then it was gone. 3 splits in the 3rd game, a missed 7 pin and a missed dinner bucket added up to one awful game.

We took 5 out of 7 points and finished in 5th place.

This was my first experience in a sanctioned league and I offer these observations for what they're worth:

I'm not sure why we paid the sanctioning fee. The league apparently doesn't bother with USBC awards, a dinner or anything else. We have to go back next week to collect our winnings and that's it.

Our winnings will be substantially reduced because one of our teammates was injured in a nonbowling accident and had to leave the league. We took a vacant for the rest of the season and the league is charging us $9 per week for it. I had no idea that they did that.

We had a pretty good team and could have contended for the championship with just a few more games won. Unfortunately, personality conflicts wrecked our chemistry and we're going our separate ways after our Monday night league finishes in a couple weeks. The last month has been especially difficult with two of our teammates not speaking to each other. It's just bowling. I don't get it.

I won't be bowling in this league again and will probably limit myself to one mixed league with my SO per week. Two nights gets awfully expensive.

It had been quite a while since I participated in any kind of a structured sport and I forgot how much fun it was. I really enjoyed competing every week.

#166669 - 05/05/12 11:36 PM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: TominNJ]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Put up a 649 set tonight, good enough to have the high series on the pair but two pins. This is the complete breakdown on Bowlsk. Ten pins were my bane as I missed 4 or the 5 I left, including back to back frames in the first game that had a turkey and four bagger on either side. That game was a 221 and converting those two would have put me in the 240s. The second game was a 183. Only four strikes this game and the rest 9 counts, with three 10 pins, with two more misses including the tenth frame. Making either or even both of those moves me on in the handicap bracket. The last game was a 245 and I stayed clean. I only had to throw at two multiple pin leaves one of which was a split but made them both. I did have two other first shots that resulted in less than a 9 count but they were the last shot of the game and I didn't have to throw at them. Had I converted those 10 pins I could have been in the 690s and then one more strike or even better count on those multi-pin leaves could have put me over 700. As it is, I bumped my average up another pin. If I just had another 4 weeks or so I think I could get back to the abbreviated season from last year year book of 189.

Team wise we were getting 120+ pins of handicap but almost won scratch the first game coming 4 pins shy. The second game if I punch out in the tenth we have a chance of winning it but I didn't and we lost that game and was still up by nearly 100 in total. By the time I stepped up in the tenth frame of the third game we had lost that game but had total as long as I hit the head pin, which I did. We got 3 of 7 points. Next week is the last week and it looks like we will be at the high end as we were in 41st place going into tonight.
HS:763

#166752 - 05/08/12 05:23 PM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Richie V.]
champ Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 32/M/AZ
For the second time this year,I found myself standing up in the 10th frame with a shot at 290 last night. The first time I was there, I pulled the ball bad and left a 3-6 and ended with a 267. Last night I left a 4 pin in the first ball of the 10th, and ended with a 269. I'd like to get better at controling the nerves, but it sure is a nice feeling to be in a situation to be nervous.

Scores have been good for me this year; at the start of the season, my best game was a 257, and in the last two months I've shot 258, 267, 269, and 279. Can't complain about that. Hopefully next year the progress continues.

USBC Open personal bests: 226/602/1690
USBC Open career average: 174.66 (45 Games)

See you in Reno 2020!

#166805 - 05/11/12 12:55 PM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Richie V.]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 53/M/Virginia Beach, VA
Finished up Wednesday night- shot 731, 3 clean games, ended league with a 228 average. Overall, shot 3 series below 600 (581 low), 12 series of 700 or better (766 high on first night of league), and 2 300s. Team is in the roll off next week, and I can't make it because I have to go to a meeting out of state for work. Our sub averaged 226 for us, though, so I'm leaving the team in capable hands.

Bowl up a Storm!

#166842 - 05/12/12 11:18 PM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Fin09]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

Finished up my league tonight. The whole and complete truth of how my night went as recorded on Bowlsk. The first game I just struggled with ball reaction even on shots I thought were good. I did have a few flubs though. I just had a bad feeling of how the night would go when I started out with a 7-10 split. I realized I had a good bit of tilt and needed to move from the Misfit to the Hy-Road a bit late, like the tenth frame. It gave me a stronger and earlier move to the pocket and I was able to punch out in the tenth to be only 10 pins under average at 176.

The second game I started out with a split again. I stay clean in frames 2-9, and only one of those frames weren't a strike. Unfortunately I left another split in the tenth when I tried to be pro-active on making an adjustment and hit light. Ended up with a 224.

Third game I started out with a missed 10 pin, double up and then left yet another 10 pin and decided to go back to the Misfit. When I was solid in the pocket I would strike. Unfortunately that was only 3 times after the change, the other frames were't very well executed. Rolled a 187 game. If I throw a double in the tenth I have another 200+ game on the night and a 600 series.

I ended up with a 587 series which was good enough for the second highest series on the pair, only coming second to my lead off bowler who rolled his first 600 series tonight with a 656 which bests all but one of my sets from this season. He had only been bowling in a league for a season and half and tonight he was able to keep it in the pocket and being a thumbless bowler, has plenty of power at the pins go help with carry. If had had been able to make most of his opens that were makeable that might have been a 700+. He helped carry us to 5 or 7 points and at least 39th place for the half if not higher depending on what teams a head of us did.

I ended the season with a 186 average, 3 pins down from what I ended with last season but that was shortened season and I had many issues early in the season that wasn't really plaguing me the second half. I average 192 over the last half of the season compared to 179 for the first half. I still have decided if I'm going to do a summer league, if so I might check out the center that is only a few minutes from me and I've never bowled a league in.

#166844 - 05/12/12 11:58 PM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Richie V.]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Wow, some ofyou fellows have leagues that finish late. Our Summer leagues have already started.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#166846 - 05/13/12 01:06 AM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Richie V.]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

We had two consecutive weeks of not bowling due to Christmas and New Years this year since they fell on the weekend. We even started bowling the last weekend of August and bowled the Labor Day weekend as to not push the League Championship and pay out to Memorial Day Weekend. I'm not sure how many weeks your leagues run but this is a 36 week league. It was 34 up until about 2 seasons back.

Page 39 of 39 < 1 2 ... 37 38 39

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Good morning everyone...
by Mkirchie - Yesterday at 09:52 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.