BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 37 of 39 < 1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#165436 - 04/05/12 12:17 AM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Richie V.]
MikeHL Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 34/M/da U.P. of Michigan, eh
197-177-137 = 511.

The good news: after watching the calendar for more than two months, the season is finally over for me. Thank heavens. Also, I finally seem to be on track again to developing the sort of ball motion that my equipment is supposed to have after floundering since the turn of the New Year.

The bad: where do I begin?

I am now 2-for-3 in entering a league offseason with some kind of injury that will force my hand in taking a break. (Two years ago, it was mangled ring and middle fingers that I couldn't bend without pain.) I suppose if I had to get hurt again for the fourth time in two and a half years, the very end of the season was the best time for it to happen.

I recently started working out again, and the current stretch of time, though very brief, is the longest continuous period I've put into it since high school (1996). However, I pushed myself too hard last week and hurt a tendon or ligament in my right forearm.

This injury renders me unable to throw it as hard with my shoulder as I want to at my spares. (Game one was a no-spare game...seven strikes and three opens.) Worst night of spare shooting that I think I may have ever had. Anything in the right corner, forget it. Automatic open. I hooked away from it every time, even with a flattened wrist, because I couldn't keep the speed up.

On top of that, even though I was not rolling the strike balls this way, the repetitive stress eventually seeped into strike shots as well. By game three, every shot was giving me a jolt of pain and I couldn't even hold the ball in my stance without a twinge of pain.

And did I mention that my team had its @ss kicked? seeingstars After a night like this, believe me, I am ready for a LONG break.
-- Mika Koivuniemi

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#165524 - 04/07/12 07:20 AM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Richie V.]
TominNJ Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 59 M EHT NJ
I had a weird game in our fun league.

The first game started with three opens in a row. Bucket, split, bucket. I threw two strikes then another open frame split. I then closed with 6 strikes in a row and finished exactly at 200 without making a single spare.

#165556 - 04/07/12 10:19 PM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: TominNJ]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
My night as I recorded it on Bowlsk. First game was a 2 open 212. The opens were back to back and the first was a missed 10 pin and the second a split, my only split on the night. The second game I went clean but with less strikes and only doubled up once for a 203. The last game I had as many strikes as the second, but no doubles and missed a 10 pin in the middle for a 180 for a 595 series. Despite most of my team being over average on the night the other team was even higher and made up the cap and they took all 7 points. They usually had two or more bowlers every game go 50+ over average.
HS:763

#165733 - 04/11/12 10:18 PM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Richie V.]
Richie V. Offline
Virtual League Secretary,
Virtual League Champion x4

A/S/L: 52/M/Brockton, MA
Tonight's bowling, frame-by-frame (Linked to BowlSK sheet)

My start was promising, but then I just lost it, with the 10 pin betraying me the third game, in which I had to go on a run just to save my 500.

Result: 206-159-156=521
Average (96 games): 174
Average for last 9 games: 178
Next week's AVG+1 score: 600

My team was following my lead all night, but that meant we lost the bulk of the points to the first place team. To be fair, though, when two opponents put up 250s, which they did in the second game, you know you're in for a longer night than you think.
IQ Tour Fusion
Reign of Fire
Tropical Breeze
Fast
T-Zone

Career Highs
Avg.: 197 (Summer 2008)
Book: 186
Series: 707
Game: 288

Current
Brunswick Mixed - Avg: 168 HS: 615 HG: 255
Composite avg. (w/ Sun. night sub): 170

The Tenth Board: My bowling blog
Richie's BowlSK profile

#165745 - 04/12/12 12:12 AM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Richie V.]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
I had a pretty good night. During practice I decided to try to use a stronger ball. I tried my Reign of Fire and I had to play 5 boards deeper with my feet, 2/3 with my eyes. I was actually aiming for the crack between 17 and 18. The reaction was very strong. Backend was ridiculous. It took me a few frames to figure out exactly where I had to stand. I moved back about 5 inches on the approach. By the 4th frame I was locked in.

First game 224. opened the first frame. One 10 pin. 6 strikes. Team won the first game. Second game 242. Opened the 4th frame and spared the 9th frame. The rest were strikes. I picked up my second 10 pin in the first frame of the 3rd game. After that I struck out for a 290. 11 in a row. The more strikes I got, the better my focus became. 756 series. We won each game and I swept my points. Only two 10 pins on the whole night. I'll take that every week. Playing the deep line kept me out of the track area and away from most of the other bowlers. I didn't have to move all night.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#165881 - 04/14/12 11:32 PM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Smooth Stroker]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

My bowling tonight on Bowlsk. I would say my most consistent series in a while, with all games over average and not one game barely or under average like I have been doing. I was able to overcome some bad shots in my low game in order to go over average. I had games of 233, 194 and 204 for a 631 series. Five opens, three of which weren't difficult. Two 10 pins and missing the 6 on the 6-10. The other two was a washout and a 4-9 split. I was able to spare on most of my bad shots since they didn't result in strikes. As a team we took 2 of 7 points only winning the first game. We got blown out the second game with our team falling off the scoring pace we had the first game and the anchor on the other team having a chance at a 290 until he went light for a 2-8-10 on the eleventh shot. Hard to compete with something like that unless you put up a similar number. The last game we lost by three pins, any one of us makes one more spare and adds one more strike and we get 4 points but obviously that didn't happen.

That is my sixth 600+ set of the season matching or slightly under my abbreviated season last year. I had a rocky first half with several sub 500 sets, and none the second half. Only two of the 600s were in the first half including my highest set of the season. The first half I averaged 180, and the second half so far 191 while steadily raising my whole season average each week or every other week for the past couple of months and is currently at 185. We have 4 weeks left in the season still but I doubt I can hit 190 without some huge sets. It looks like we are going to be dropping our low average bowler for next season. I get the feeling he might not bowl league but my team wants to try to be competitive. Not sure if another bowler plans on returning since he's work schedule can change, if so we are going to be hard pressed to field a full team. It also looks like I'm going to be in the market for a new pair of shoes as I am having toe cap issues again on the push off foot and considering what I used to glue it on this time I'm not sure I could get it off. Hopefully they can hold up for a few more weeks and what little I'll get back for the second half since we already got paid for the first half I can put toward a new pair.

#166052 - 04/18/12 10:27 PM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Richie V.]
Richie V. Offline
Virtual League Secretary,
Virtual League Champion x4

A/S/L: 52/M/Brockton, MA
Tonight's bowling, frame-by-frame (Linked to BowlSK sheet)

I wasn't that happy with my first game, but I did make the right adjustments in the other two games, so I was happy with the night overall. No missed single pins, but I couldn't make anything else, it seemed.

Result: 155-190-207=552
Average (99 games): 174
Average for last 9 games: 181
Next week's AVG+1 score: 573

Just about everyone had a solid night for my team, resulting in all four points. Looking at the other matches, we pulled into a tie for second with "Deadwood" and are three points clear of the fourth place "Dee's Boys II," but "The 5 G's" won all four tonight as well, so they are now five points in front.
IQ Tour Fusion
Reign of Fire
Tropical Breeze
Fast
T-Zone

Career Highs
Avg.: 197 (Summer 2008)
Book: 186
Series: 707
Game: 288

Current
Brunswick Mixed - Avg: 168 HS: 615 HG: 255
Composite avg. (w/ Sun. night sub): 170

The Tenth Board: My bowling blog
Richie's BowlSK profile

#166123 - 04/20/12 10:53 PM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Richie V.]
Silent Mike Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 39/M/Poconos PA
I had a solid week looking back. Monday was 693 with a 258 game, Weds 268-233-211 and we won all 7 points. If we take 1 game next week we lock up 2nd place. I subbed Thurs and reluctantly came in at 224. I went 248-245-279 for 772. Rough math put me at 241 for the week over 2 different houses. I have one week to get through to cap off my best Winter season to date.
Storm - Natural

#166154 - 04/21/12 11:30 PM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Silent Mike]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

Had a slightly under average night. The complete break down can be found here on my Bowlsk. After some approach issues during warm up that actually put one of my teammates out of commission for the night when he stuck and aggravated his bad back and sent him to the ground. We had the approach cleaned but it was still in my mind and I seemed to be trying to force things too much. Tried every ball I had including plastic to just try to find the pocket. I miss target plenty of times tonight.

The first game I had three opens, two being splits and the other the 1-2-4 picket. Shot a 165. My last shot I didn't even know that I just had to hit the pins for us to win the points. The second game I rolled a 203. Got things together after realizing I was bending over a lot at the waist. I had two opens including a 5 pin. I just botched the spare attempts. We lost these two points. The last game was a 169. I opened in both the ninth and tenth frames as well as a washout in the sixth. The tenth frame was in the pocket, but sounded funny and left a 4-10 and just barely missed the 4 to the left but had I caught it might have converted. I wouldn't have really mattered since throwing three strikes in the tenth would have still been a three pin loss. On the night I was on average 5 pins under average.

#166255 - 04/24/12 08:11 AM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Richie V.]
TominNJ Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 59 M EHT NJ
169 210 206 for a 585 last night.

Still missing too many easy spares. I need to get better with that spare ball.

Page 37 of 39 < 1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.