BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 ... 38 39 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#154129 - 08/11/11 12:57 PM 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues
Richie V. Offline
Virtual League Secretary,
Virtual League Champion x4

A/S/L: 52/M/Brockton, MA
I didn't see the new season's thread in the index, so I took the liberty to start it. laugh

I should be returning to my Wednesday night social/fun league with the same teammates. For goals, I still have the 190 winter league average one, and I'd like to add my first honor score this year (I've had a 290 open bowling game, so I now know I'm capable of one.). I'll also probably be taking more lessons, now that my "technology makeover" is nearly complete.
IQ Tour Fusion
Reign of Fire
Tropical Breeze
Fast
T-Zone

Career Highs
Avg.: 197 (Summer 2008)
Book: 186
Series: 707
Game: 288

Current
Brunswick Mixed - Avg: 168 HS: 615 HG: 255
Composite avg. (w/ Sun. night sub): 170

The Tenth Board: My bowling blog
Richie's BowlSK profile

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#154133 - 08/11/11 03:49 PM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Richie V.]
nythesuperior Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 25 m uniondale NY
i dont think well be going back to the league we were in last season. hopefully were going to switch to a 4 man team just have to make some calls and see who wants to do what.my goals are to get my 200 avg by dec. i wanted to have it by the start of the league in sept.but that didnt work out too good. i was slumping for most of the summer barely getting my avg. and im just now starting to come out of it. also id like to get a 700 this season. and a 300 would be great too lol. that one will be hard though since im stuck on 6 in a row. ive gotten 6 a bunch of times but i always blow the 7th one.
#16 Storm Virtual Gravity NANO
#16 columbia white dot

#154134 - 08/11/11 04:26 PM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Richie V.]
Mike O (molankuma) Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 29/M/Indiana
I'm going to be on a Wednesday night league (5 man team, 10 team league) as well as a casual Friday night mixed league (4 person team).

I've had a few close shots lately at the 300 (front 9 twice, 12 in a row but across 2 games) but haven't gotten there yet. Hopefully this season is the year!

#154145 - 08/11/11 11:53 PM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Richie V.]
MikeHL Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 34/M/da U.P. of Michigan, eh
I'll still be in my 12-team Wednesday second-shift trio league from last season and most of the season before. Should be subbing in a 6:30 Sunday league in the same center.

The only other center in my area only has 2 leagues that start for the night when I'm not at work -- a Thursday 9:30pm glow bowling league, new this fall (uh, no thanks) and a Sunday-night parent/child league (single w/no kids, so this really isn't an option either).

I was fortunate enough to achieve my average goal for last season (it was 180 and I finished @ 181, averaged 185 for the second half of the year), but I've come to realize just tonight that I've essentially gone as far as I can w/the stylistic issues that I still have. No average goals right now. The ability to perform free-swing drills without appearing to have just escaped the drunk tank at the county jail would be nice.
-- Mika Koivuniemi

#154170 - 08/12/11 07:19 PM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Richie V.]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
My league meeting for my 5 person mixed league on Saturday is next weekend with bowling actually starting the next Saturday. We have a full team, though low average. The roster is changing slightly since last season with me returning full time and a bowler going to another team. I'm just hoping to get through the whole season with no issues or injuries to me or teammates. The past 3 seasons has seen at least one member miss multiple weeks in a row for some sort of injury. Unless I can find someone to bowl the first week, we are going to forfeit the first week. Three of my teammates won't be there as they will be driving back from vacation that day.

I was also thinking of adding a second league this season during the week, but I often have to get up at 4 AM to go to work and have been struggling a little on Monday mornings with my Sunday league during the season as it takes me a little bit of time to wind down from bowling.
HS:763

#154173 - 08/12/11 07:33 PM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Richie V.]
champ Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 32/M/AZ
I'm going back to the same league as last fall. Four peson, mixed, match point, 20 teams. Its a good league and I'm looking forward to it starting up again. I'd like to join a second, but I don't think I can afford it, and I don't know how much the girlfriend would like that. Maybe I'll sub ocassionally on the men's league.

USBC Open personal bests: 226/602/1690
USBC Open career average: 174.66 (45 Games)

See you in Reno 2020!

#154325 - 08/18/11 11:36 PM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Richie V.]
Charlie98 Offline
Regional Pro Contender

A/S/L: 53/M/McKinney, TX
Back, again, on the 3-man Wednesday night league. I maintained a 194'ish average through the summer league, bowled a few honest 600 series (3 X 200+ games) and am creeping up on my 2011 goals of a 250 game and 700 series. Jury is out on who my other two teammates will be, my brother is waffling and our anchor needs shoulder surgery (even if he won't admit it...)

Locked and Loaded:
Precision Solid 15#
Logix 15#
811A-SE 15#
2Fast 15#

Career
HG: 279
HS: 724
HA: 211

Fall/Winter 2019-20
AVG: 208
HG: 268
HS: 660

#154326 - 08/19/11 01:57 AM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: MikeHL]
MikeHL Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 34/M/da U.P. of Michigan, eh
At our local association meeting last night (at which the association treasurer was fired, incidentally), I learned the Sunday-night league I was intending to sub in will have at least a couple of openings, so I think that'll be a regular thing for me.

The Sunday league's first night is September 11th (don't know if I'll be there opening night bc of the return trip from my upcoming vacation) and my Wednesday league starts on the 14th.
-- Mika Koivuniemi

#154394 - 08/21/11 10:18 AM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Richie V.]
tbill Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: 42/m/ny
going to do the same two leauges as last year. monday we have the same team, thursday we have a new team member, our lead off guy had to change his work shift to keep his job, so he wasn't able to bowl with us.

looking forward to it, i think we start the 8th and 12th.
working on all of them......

track 930T [15]

member of the mooseknuckles winter vl team

#154404 - 08/21/11 01:21 PM Re: 2011-12 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Richie V.]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Had our league meeting last night and had to elect officers. I'd wish they do this at the end of the previous season and not the first thing at the meeting. We have all new officers. The president retired from bowling, again and was elected part of the way through the season when the original pres resigned due to some stuff going on in the league, the vp didn't want to deal with the crap anymore, and the long time sec/treas was tired of everything as well and said he would refuse the nomination. The only position there was that had two people nominated was the sec/treas. And later on a rule was passed that league officers have to bowl 2/3s of the season unless they get injured. The woman elected as sec. only bowled about half the season. She was there most of the weeks still as her husband is on the same team but they brought in other bowlers.

There were also several rule changes from last season. Two position rounds were added from 4 to 6, one every 6 weeks instead of every 9 weeks. The bowler who suggested it said it could help knock the top teams down and many people voted for it, but they voted down a change in handicap from 80% of team difference to 85%.

We also went from a 4 point system, 1 point per a game to a 7 point system, two for each game and one for total. I don't really see the point to it other than the fact the better teams will pull away quicker. Going with 7 points I'd like it to be 2 per a game but one scratch and one handicap.

We had a vote on more of a clarification of a rule too. The original rule was no new subs 2 weeks before position rounds, which usually was meant for the end of first half and end of season position rounds and not the mid half ones but with the added position rounds someone suggested to make the rule mean just that, the end of half/season position round only. It passed.

I can't remember any other changes, but we start bowling next week, only two of the five will be there as three of them are on vacation and return that afternoon. They can post bowl for the first week though, just have to have it down by the following Friday.
HS:763

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 ... 38 39 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.