BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#153136 - 07/07/11 06:40 AM Has anyone tried 3 step delivery? how did u go?
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 45 m
Hello,
Trying a 3 step delivery, just for fun last night, first thing I noticed was I avoided my drifting, finished much straighter at fouline, so I thought hmmm I will look into this.. I am trying (again) a few new things out in my delivery, I think I am definately on the right track now... But the 3 step delivery has me kind of interested, sometimes I finish a little cork screwed at fouline, get very sore planting knee, anyone last night just for a few frames fiddle around with a 3 step, interesting..

Anyway, anyone like to share their experiences with the 3 step delivery, how do/did u find it, was it easier for footwork but harder for a consistant armswing?? The pushway is a bit weird , trying to get the feet moving and arm in time together, very hard..

Look forward to reading your thoughts on this.
Cheers
Looseleftie

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#153137 - 07/07/11 07:48 AM Re: Has anyone tried 3 step delivery? how did u go? [Re: looseleftie]
spillup24 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: Philadelphia, PA
It's actually not a bad thing to work on incase you ever find yourself having to stand in front of the ball return. I had to do it last week and my first two shots felt good but then I was out of whack afterwards. Throwing brooklyn's...shot felt slow too.

What I was trying to do was start my left foot when the ball passed my right hip and go from there.

I do think it is a useful tool to practice. You never know when you might get in a tournament where the lanes are BLOWN UP!

#153156 - 07/08/11 04:00 AM Re: Has anyone tried 3 step delivery? how did u go? [Re: looseleftie]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

Hey spillup, I'm going to the lanes to try it out, I have got to get my game injury free. I have always been in the past sore from elbow and planting knee, as I corkscrew too much at fouline..

Just have to work out where my armswing fits into my approach so arm and feet can work together...

#153158 - 07/08/11 08:11 AM Re: Has anyone tried 3 step delivery? how did u go? [Re: looseleftie]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

well, NEVER trying the 3 hand delivery again, the amount of strain to get your downswing back in time and feet moving quicker than the Coyote, ridiculous.. My back is killing... Glad I tried it, never again...

#153192 - 07/10/11 01:21 AM Re: Has anyone tried 3 step delivery? how did u go? [Re: looseleftie]
evilash71 Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 40/M/ TX
I actually am borderline on the using three step. I had used three step much of my youth. Never knowing better. Switched between four and five. Now what I've sort of got in the habit of the last year or so is four step, however, the movement of the ball on my first step is minimal and literally a second before my second step so it's very close to dropping on my second step which would be like three step basically.

I essentially move the ball out a bit on my first step but I walk very slowly and it begins its drop right before the second. Several coaches have told me, you're dropping the ball late, then watch me and watch and they end up telling me actually you're moving the ball so subtley right before your second step and then hinging it. So technically the ball is moving on my first step but not in any decisive way.
#14 MUTANT CELL PEARL
#14 ROTO DARK STAR
#14 ROTO RISING STAR
#14 ROTO OUTLAW
#14 ROTO GRENADE
#14 T ZONE SPAREBALL
#14 Storm Frantic

#153196 - 07/10/11 03:35 AM Re: Has anyone tried 3 step delivery? how did u go? [Re: looseleftie]
metguy Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 46/m/waverly iowa
You could try this:

Walk up to the ball return and grab your ball (but don't stop walking). Put your hand in the ball, swing, and release all before you get to the foul line. It promotes getting the ball into the swing quickly and for someone with bad timing it does help. Of course, its not textbook but the results are interesting.

This season: HG-289 HS-685
Career #'s : HG-299 HS-782

Arsonal: Heat (Pearl), 2Fast, Blue Hammer, Raptor P7, Fire Road

TRANSITIONING TO MOTIV EQUIPMENT
(CCWBRA)

#153208 - 07/10/11 07:19 PM Re: Has anyone tried 3 step delivery? how did u go? [Re: looseleftie]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

Hey evil, do u have a vid of your style, as I was re thinking, if I can get ball moving towards end of first, but perhaps bend a little more from the waist, and have a short downswing might help?? I don't know, but I want to get rid of my drifting, which is in always my second step of 4 step delivery.. the 3 step would keep my straighter at fouline, which is one of 2 priorities for me now.Straight arm and straight at fouline..

#153209 - 07/10/11 09:13 PM Re: Has anyone tried 3 step delivery? how did u go? [Re: looseleftie]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

just found mike durbin PBA 1970 tournament of champions match on you tube, he is using 3 step approach, he looks pretty comfortable..

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by djp1080 - 0 seconds ago
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Mkirchie - Yesterday at 07:57 AM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.