BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152206 - 06/07/11 10:42 PM All About Rev Rate *****
KahKiat Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: Male, Singapore
Anatomy of an Elite Release: How to Improve Your Rev Rate: http://bowlingknowledge.info/images/stories/slowinskijune11.pdf

An easier method that
increases your rev rate: http://www.mariacristinasgrosso.it/PDF/articoli/relatori/11_eng.pdf

Strong Finger Position One Key to Creating Revs: http://bowlingknowledge.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=140&Itemid=62

Edited by KahKiat (06/07/11 10:43 PM)

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#153059 - 07/04/11 09:09 AM Re: All About Rev Rate [Re: KahKiat]
KahKiat Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: Male, Singapore

#153085 - 07/05/11 05:53 AM Re: All About Rev Rate [Re: KahKiat]
spectral Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 24/M/Belgium
looks easy enough but so hard to do

#153088 - 07/05/11 07:11 AM Re: All About Rev Rate [Re: spectral]
FruitFly Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 29/M/Kiel, Germany
Originally Posted By: spectral

Cant count the times I've thought that!
Just some time ago I recieved my first ever magic carpet.
I expected wonders and it is indeed great.
But still my ball flutters all over the place with nothing on it.
I have yet to find a release I'm comfortable with AND thats doable for me.

#153133 - 07/06/11 11:35 PM Re: All About Rev Rate [Re: spectral]
Skeeball Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: NJ
Originally Posted By: spectral

Here Here! Easier said than done. For my two cents CoachJim posted recently about letting the ball drop and use gravity. I tried it and once and awhile I have the patience enough to wait for the ball on the downswing. I think this is where the compression part comes in, I may be wrong but it makes a huge difference on the delivery. If you can let your arm just fall and keep your wrist in position I can feel the ball in the fingertips and coming around the ball on release. To me it seems to be working a lot better now, I'm getting the ball into the fingertips much more consistently at the bottom of the swing.

Hope that helps.

PS, here's CoachJim's link:

http://www.bowlingcommunity.com/b/ubbthreads.php/topics/153024/1.html

Edited by Skeeball (07/06/11 11:40 PM)

#153134 - 07/07/11 12:23 AM Re: All About Rev Rate [Re: KahKiat]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
its a great article. But for some, they may need a step before this lesson. And I think learning a free arm swing (rather then forced and muscled) and getting the hand behind the ball in a strong/firm position rather then over the top or spinning the ball. There's a need for a lesson before this for most folks, IMO. Because doing what Slowinski talks about is very difficult if you do not have a free arm swing or balance at the line.

Something that will gain revolutions before moving onto this type of lesson is to get lower in the release, have that later timing (waiting for the heel as Slowinski mentions) and having balance at the line (posting the shot). If you do those three things, most people will gain revs. But, IMO, you need to have these things in place before moving onto the more dynamic hand and finger position.

Erin

#153139 - 07/07/11 08:31 AM Re: All About Rev Rate [Re: KahKiat]
spectral Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 24/M/Belgium
I think key is indeed to free up your armswing. When someone tells you to keep your hand behind the ball and fingers below the equator. It all sounds easy and when you conclude you can not keep your fingers below the equator you get desperate and think your wrist is too weak.

However my approach and delivery right now limits my ability to keep my fingers below the equator. My armswing is totally forced and makes it impossible to keep the fingers below the equator and behind the ball.

#153142 - 07/07/11 10:44 AM Re: All About Rev Rate [Re: spectral]
FruitFly Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 29/M/Kiel, Germany
I am able to keep my fingers below the equator, but since a lot of your revs come from acceleration my mind is set on that. Sadly my mind is not good at it and so I tend to accelerate way to early in my downswing, thus killing the revs.

But I've got another question about revs: When I watch the videos most of the pros "slap" the ball at release. I tried that, but cant seem to do it fast enough. Is there some kind of trick to it? Like "more to the side" or indeed "in a 45 degree angle through the ball"?

Plus: I seem to not have enough holding ability in my fingers, though they are not that weak. My inserts allow me to put my fingers in to the first joint and not an inch further. Not even by force. Is this too tight?

Damn, revs are hard to create if you dont have a proper teacher or gift of nature

#153153 - 07/08/11 03:41 AM Re: All About Rev Rate [Re: KahKiat]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Fruit, from all you have written it sounds that you just "pull the trigger" way to early. YOu would be under the equator if you didn't try to hook the ball so much and so early. You really cannot "pull the trigger" until your hand has just passed your ankle. Anything before that, is too early.

And a lot of this earliness comes from you thinking of this acceleration in your head, IMO. Yes, the hand need to accelerate at the release, but if you concentrate on it, you will turn it too early. Again, you have to wait, wait for it.

Erin

#153173 - 07/08/11 07:07 PM Re: All About Rev Rate [Re: KahKiat]
DocLogic77 Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: m/37/ky
The key to creating revs is everything being relaxed. Tension is a rev killer. Any muscle in the swing will force your hand either to the side of the ball or above the equator. If you have tension in your hand, you won't get out of the ball properly. I'm not a big guy, nor am I an expert bowler. But, I do have a relaxed swing, and a relaxed hand grip. That is why I can put some stuff on the ball. The relaxed swing, grip and loaded hand position give me all the revs I need.
Storm Virtual Gravity #15
Columbia Bedlam #15
Storm Natural Pearl #15
--------------------------
Current Average-185
High Game-259 (5/4/11)
High Series-690 (5/4/11)
First Clean Game-1/13/11-204, second 234 (1/17/11)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
No Post Available
by BOSStull - 0 seconds ago
This is a damned shame
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:42 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.