BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#153111 - 07/06/11 03:23 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
ebon betta Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 54/m/nyc /ny2
Personally I think if you need to creak a bottle and plat Chess tournament type games to mess with your opponents game you need to bone up on your skill levels and forget being a pro. I do not think much different about any cheap shot taken by hockey players either. I did notice after that incident that Belmo now had a nice large GLASS of water and nomore bottle...
If Belmo can not control is hands to leavethe bottle alone then he needs to be adult enough to not pick up the bottle period.
If he can not understand cause and effect and the fact that he is the cause then he need some serious pysc help....
I do not thing that Rash was wrong at all... but I do disagree with the whole total silence thing...It is the main problem that makes any sound a disturbance.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#153112 - 07/06/11 03:32 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
ebon betta Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 54/m/nyc /ny2
Keep in mind that what you hear over the TV is not exactly what is heard in the bowling alley on the lane...you got 2 dorky announcer whom do not shut up long enough fr you to hear how quiet it is on the lane...Were I bowling I would ask the crowd to please continue to talk and cheer as I'm on the approach....

#153230 - 07/11/11 03:07 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
aoiten Offline
Legend

A/S/L: amerika ni sunde iru
As a joke, a guy dropped a ball on the return very loud as I was making my approach. I finished my delivery leaving a 4-9 split. (I expected trouble anyway since I moved way right as an experiment.) After that I spun around to make sure my son didn't hurt himself or something. Then I proceeded to convert the 4-9 which was just as shocking. heh Two-handed even.

Bottle noise? I laugh in the face of bottle noise! hahahaha

#153232 - 07/11/11 04:15 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 53/M/Virginia Beach, VA
THICKER BOTTLES- that's all you need. Give them water in containers that will not make noise. They fidget, that's what helps them focus. Don't give them noisemakers to fidget with. Pony up some bright yellow Lumber Liquidators PBA Tour bottles to drink out of, and problem is solved.

Bowl up a Storm!

#153237 - 07/11/11 07:43 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 50m
The whole incident certainly makes for interesting viewing should the pair meet up this coming season... I can't wait to see if Belmo continues using those PBA provided water bottles..
I think he will be hung up if he does it again..

Hey Ebon, u mentioned about the announcers not shutting up. I didn't think the bowlers can hear them at alll from the lanes? I thought they were like towards mid to back of a stand behind the bowlers?

I had a guy last night yell out something inaudible last night during my approach just prior to release, rather distracting, but u just have to keep going, nothing else for it!

#153247 - 07/12/11 10:45 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
The announcers have a glass "wall type" structure that is put up around them. Its a temporary wall structure that you put up similar to the outside playpens or pet pens...

The players cannot hear them in normal conversation, but there have been a few cases where the players have stepped off because the announcers got a little animated/loud during their conversations.
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#153254 - 07/12/11 09:51 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 50m
Cheers sk8shorty01 appreciated mate

#153267 - 07/13/11 09:03 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: looseleftie]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Originally Posted By: looseleftie
Cheers sk8shorty01 appreciated mate

No problem.
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 10:12 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:39 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:32 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.