BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#153039 - 07/03/11 05:08 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: aoiten]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Personally, Sean Rash=Great form, horrible mental game that blames others for. Please! A bottle, are you kidding me? Grow up Mr. "Pro." I suppose it's better that Petey callin out that lady for snapping her camera 45ft away from him. At least Belmo was right behind Rash. That's a little understandable. But really, if that's going to break your concentration, you may want to rethink your pro status, Mr. Rash.

All I can say is thank goodness I'm not on tour. I'd be like, "It's like a morgue in here. People make some noise already." Probably [censored] a lot of people off for that.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#153053 - 07/03/11 10:58 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
Demo, did you watch the telecast or just the clip?

The telecast is slightly different, for one on Rash's previous shot Belmo makes noise (probably accidentally) and Rash stops, so it obviously bother's him. Then on Rash' next shot Jason is holding the bottle upside down in his lap, crinkles it while Rash is about to bowl, Rash turns around and Belmo's just smiling and acting like "oh you caught me". Rob Stone seems to think Belmo was trying to be "playful", but Rash doesn't appreciate his humor.

Also judging by some of the other players faces, they didn't think it was very funny either.

#153056 - 07/04/11 12:00 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
spillup24 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: Philadelphia, PA
Demo, you really have NO IDEA what the Pros are going through when they are out there on the approach. Any little movement or sound would bother anyone. They are bowling in DEAD SILENCE so any sound would break the concentration.

Also, I believe Rash won that event so I don't think he is blaming anyone for a bad throw.

Regarding Pete....You here the camera flutter very loudly as he is releasing the ball. You need to understand them before you judge them.

#153087 - 07/05/11 07:06 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 50m
For anybody who may be interested, theres an extended clip on pba.com of the entire bottlgate incident, a couple of shots prior to the "take that u bottle [censored]" sensation... Fascinating stuff, heard they gave Rash a fine..

Theres a shot where Rash strikes, after the first bottle noise, Belmo puts out his hand for the high 5, Rash ignored him... Man, the PBA certainly have a grudge match coming up for this season should the two have to face each other, which I'm sure they will at some point.

If u haven't seen the above mentioned vid, take the time to check it out.

#153089 - 07/05/11 07:35 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
The 5 board Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 18/m/Australia
Assuming that this Bottlegate incident happened in singles, I'm pretty sure I heard that Mike Fagan won? I don't know, I saw Track post something about Fagan throwing 8 in a row to win.

Either way, I'm dying to see the singles match with Belmo, Rash, Fagan and Smith. All of my favourite bowlers on one pair! (Not to mention the lowest Rev Rate there is Rash, who is still in the low 500s!) Could someone upload it to Youtube or send it to me possibly? smile

Gear:
Track Spare
Hammer Vibe (Grape)
Columbia 300 Classic U2 (Waiting to be drilled)
Taboo Deep Purple (Waiting to be drilled)
Track 919c

#153090 - 07/05/11 07:43 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
spillup24 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: Philadelphia, PA
It wasn't an actual game they bowled. It was the sudden death roll of match. 4 bowlers throw a shot and whichever bowler has the least count got eliminated. Winner got 5 pts for the team, last got 1 point.

#153092 - 07/05/11 11:58 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
The 5 board Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 18/m/Australia
Ah, fair enough then. My bad.
Still, can't wait to see that singles match!

Gear:
Track Spare
Hammer Vibe (Grape)
Columbia 300 Classic U2 (Waiting to be drilled)
Taboo Deep Purple (Waiting to be drilled)
Track 919c

#153095 - 07/05/11 05:51 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
Pre-emptive Strike Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 27/M/NY
I saw the telecast on ESPN last weekend. Belmo's actions are purely and utterly deliberate and I'd find it hard to argue for him. Rash's reaction is flat out ridiculous, if he handled it with some class, Belmo would look like one of the most unprofessional bowlers in the PBA, instead it seems as if Rash took that title by blowing up like an idiot.

Imagine if he had called out Belmo on TV in a calm/cool/collected manner? Hahaha, who am I kidding, his last name says it all in "Rash" (impulsive/reckless/foolish)

Summer League Average (first league): 193

High Game: 247
High Series: 645

In the bag:
15# RotoGrip Rising Star
15# Storm Tropical Breeze
15# Columbia White Dot
14# Columbia Scout Reactive

#153096 - 07/05/11 06:50 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
Silent Mike Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 39/M/Poconos PA
Bowling would be TOO boring without some on the fringe personalities and a couple of clashes now and again. Would I ever lash out like that? No but I don't have a problem with Rash calling him out. I agree with the "kill them with kindness" type of reaction but the second he lashed out I was glued to the TV more than normal. It makes for exciting future matches in my opinion. I don't really care for either of the 2 players but Belmo was bound to rub someone raw sooner or later. I'd like to see him try it again!
Storm - Natural

#153108 - 07/06/11 02:03 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Originally Posted By: spillup24
Demo, you really have NO IDEA what the Pros are going through when they are out there on the approach. Any little movement or sound would bother anyone. They are bowling in DEAD SILENCE so any sound would break the concentration.

Also, I believe Rash won that event so I don't think he is blaming anyone for a bad throw.

Regarding Pete....You here the camera flutter very loudly as he is releasing the ball. You need to understand them before you judge them.

So you're telling me that a "PRO" lacks the ability to not only control his sensory muscles, but his emotions and that gives him the right to be an [censored] about it. Really? Doesn't sound like much of a pro to me.

I understand fine. For all their wins and physical prowess Weber's and Rash's mental games are shaky. And how do they cover that up? They lash out and get angry at others. And it fuels them to victory or destroys them. Hatred is a powerful too as long as it doesn't swing back on you.

I'm not saying what Belmo did was right either. Perhaps in both instances it was accidental (I didn't hear it either time BTW), perhaps he wanted to be "popular" and mess with his opponent (per his look what I did and [censored]-eatin grin look), or maybe it was divine intervention. Who frickin' knows? But for someone to be carrying the title of pro to act out in the manner, as Rash did, with so little class I'm sorry, says weak man to me. Forgive me being taught to answer my opponent with my actions in competition instead of words, but he's weak that's all I'll see him as. Until Belmo says, "Hey yeah, I was F-in with Sean." He's weak in my opinion.

And you can blame surroundings all you want, but the fact of the matter is he let a sound get to him, he reset and rolled a great ball and acted out with no class and plenty of anger. He had his chance to be strong and absolutely stomp on his opponent but decided not to.

Alas perhaps he and I are simply two, too very different people and that's why I disapprove so much.

Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 10:12 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:39 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:32 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.