BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152729 - 06/23/11 06:40 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: Norm3v]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Originally Posted By: Norm3v
Originally Posted By: Domokun
And now, the Statement To Anyone Listening:

http://bit.ly/iDq3mH

I read this the other day, I think the most interesting part is Belmo stating that the PBA officials are the ones that handed him the bottle. If that is true, and is true for all PBA events, then shouldn't we come down a little less harsh on him?.

Nope, because he can still choose when to touch it. The bottle isn't popping, crinkling and crackling except when it's in his hand, which always seems to be while his opponent is getting on or already on the approach.
HS:763

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#152747 - 06/24/11 03:35 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
ebon betta Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 54/m/nyc /ny2
Look even if belmo has add and does it when stressed. Big deal....
When you get up on the approach. say I am going to roll now would you place the waer bottle on the floor till after I roll my shot..end of problem.

#152766 - 06/24/11 02:08 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
mmalsed Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 43/M/Riverside, CA
exactly - everything else is just excuses. . .

16# IQ Tour Pearl/16# Crux/16# Marvel S/15#White Dot

"Gotta kick at the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight"

#152769 - 06/24/11 02:19 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Norm3v Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 34 M NJ US
Originally Posted By: Calvin Pistorio
Originally Posted By: Norm3v
Originally Posted By: Domokun
And now, the Statement To Anyone Listening:

http://bit.ly/iDq3mH

I read this the other day, I think the most interesting part is Belmo stating that the PBA officials are the ones that handed him the bottle. If that is true, and is true for all PBA events, then shouldn't we come down a little less harsh on him?.

Nope, because he can still choose when to touch it. The bottle isn't popping, crinkling and crackling except when it's in his hand, which always seems to be while his opponent is getting on or already on the approach.

I agree, he needs to just lay off those type of water bottles completely from now on after these two incidents. But I do think this is being blown way out of proportion. Its not like he has this intense track record of cheating and other than the video of him jumping up and down and slamming his chair with Rash bowling I have yet to hear of any of incidents with the guy. Rash on the other hand comes off even worse to me on this whole deal. There were little kids in the audience and sitting at home (luckily it wasn't live) and the language he used was plain idiotic. I'm fine with him calling out Belmo, but be respectful to everyone, including himself. If Belmo's two bottle incidents were done on purpose then he needs to come clean and be punished. If they were accidents then he has already apologized and we all need to move on and he needs to stop taking those darn bottles from the PBA officials lol.
- Lucid
- Tropical Heat Pearl (Red/Blue)

High Game: 300 (2)
High Series: 758
Average: 210

#152856 - 06/27/11 09:29 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 50m
I'm an Aussie, and a 2 hander, so I do have a soft spot for Belmo, however, and I have heard his comeback he handles himself very well (as always)..However, I still have a bad taste in my mouth over this... Sportsmanship , I don't know, gamesmanship more likely.. Either way, Belmo should have known better, no doubt about it.. Ignorance is one thing, but stupidity is another... It sadly does cast a negative reflection on him, as a poor sport in my opinion.. Whether he deserves it or not, bowlers and bowling fans will associate him with the Bottlegate scandal for some time to come..

I can't wait to see what he turns up with for next season when he gets that wee bit thirsty..

One thing that will not change though is Rash's stupidity, what a child!! I wish Belmo would have stood up to him, and dropped him.. Still, Rash's "yeah baby yeah" outburst, I kinda like that lol...
The real highlight of the whole mini soap opera was watching Duke cracking up in the backgrounnd .. Priceless, love the Duke.

#152859 - 06/27/11 09:53 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Originally Posted By: NNBowling
I still question the use of this as advertising... The NFL doesn't put videos of Bill Belichick using recordings of another team's practice. The MLB doesn't put up videos of 95% of its players using steroids. So why should the PBA put up content that clearly violates their rules of conduct, and then post the video or something relating to it on facebook at least once every day.

But the NFL does sell posters and advertise using video clips of big hits, including those that players receive fines for. I know last year the NFL was advertising using the hit James Harrison put on the guy from Cleveland and they fined James big for that hit.

People like violence, it draws attention. The news wouldn't show all the violence and destruction if nobody was watching.
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#152862 - 06/27/11 11:07 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
Domokun Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: male/DC Metro
Happy to plug my buddy's podcast again:

Belmo's 2nd Round of Bottlegate

Hopefully getting Angry Rash for this Thursday's release.

Ebonite: Challenge, Exceed, Innovate
Storm/RG: Cell Pearl, Tropical Breeze

"Only NBC or CBS for me. New Ball Carry or Clean Ball Strikes. Channel 4 and 14 or nothing." -- D. Ryan

#152931 - 06/29/11 12:25 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
aoiten Offline
Legend

A/S/L: amerika ni sunde iru
Brilliant podcast. Rash seemed to have had something bottled up inside that eventually popped to the surface.

#152936 - 06/29/11 08:51 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 50m
Just listened to it... Must admit, I thought he was as guilty as the man behind the grassy knoll.. I stand corrected...

Belmo u are classy, perhaps clumsy re wattle bottles, but respect... He really does have the best interests of this sport.. Yes, he puts a lot into the sport through helping out others, whether thats through his contraction obligations through Storm or not, either way a great guy... It's funny how American bowlers know who this guy is, yet in Aus, 99% of your average league once a week bowler would have NO idea of him.. So sad!!

#152940 - 06/29/11 12:43 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: looseleftie]
aoiten Offline
Legend

A/S/L: amerika ni sunde iru
Originally Posted By: looseleftie
It's funny how American bowlers know who this guy is, yet in Aus, 99% of your average league once a week bowler would have NO idea of him.. So sad!!

Do they know Pete Weber or Kelly Kulick?

It's common for me to mention PBA stars and for people to not know what I'm talking about. With two-handers being more rare, it's more likely for people to not know names.

A woman asked me if I just started using two hands out of no where. She was surprised when I said, yes, but I copied the style from professional two-handers.

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 10:12 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:39 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:32 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.