BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152674 - 06/22/11 02:43 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: tovarnak]
spillup24 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: Philadelphia, PA
Originally Posted By: tovarnak
Besides, its interesting to see how bowling "developed" in past few years. I just watched some telecast from 1998, crowd was loud, screaming and cheering for its favourite, and not a single f$&# was given. But today it needs to be dead silent in order to make bowlers comfortable what means that even smallest noise can distract those who cant block out environment. And that can lead to expressive language and anger.

That is because they tried it out for a season and obviously they did not like it. It is not that bowlers back in the 90's didn't mind noise and today's bowlers can't handle noise. It was a gimmick they tried for a season.

AGAIN...If you are bowling in constant noise than a sound like a botlle crinkling or a cough will not bother anyone. When it is DEAD silent a slight noise like a bottle will bother a player.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#152677 - 06/22/11 03:34 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
ffemtreed Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 35/M/Wilmington NC
I love how the PBA fined Rash for the incident because it wasn't professional, but then posts the video and promotes in on the PBA website.

I think this whole thing is a publicity stunt to try and create some rivalries in the PBA.
Radical Reax
Hammer Taboo
Motiv Primal
Columbia White Dot

#152678 - 06/22/11 04:51 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
metguy Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 46/m/waverly iowa
I think what it REALLY is, Belmo has a silent sponsor in the ear plug business and they needed someone to make a case for them to the PBA that ear plugs should be considered standard equipment for all the bowlers and their brand is just what they need. Of course, i could be wrong...

This season: HG-289 HS-685
Career #'s : HG-299 HS-782

Arsonal: Heat (Pearl), 2Fast, Blue Hammer, Raptor P7, Fire Road

TRANSITIONING TO MOTIV EQUIPMENT
(CCWBRA)

#152683 - 06/22/11 05:40 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: 10PinGaloot]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Originally Posted By: 10PinGaloot
Originally Posted By: Calvin Pistorio
It's either find other plastic bottles that are less flimsy, don't touch the bottle from the time his opponent steps up on the approach until after they throw the ball, or...

You see? That wasn't so hard.

Why is it so hard for Belmo to figure that out?
Stainless steel outlawed? So what!? We're talking about what's right and what's wrong, and what appears to be wrong.

In the case of anyone who's been caught with his hand in the cookie jar, the appearance of a repeat offense is just as damaging as an actual repeat offense.

Belmo would have been lots better off if he'd ditched the bottle.

You're the one that made it hard when I just made a comment that stainless steel probably isn't allowed after you were one of the ones to suggest it. And in the same post, which I'm guessing you didn't completely read, that there are better bottles out there that could be used. Yet your responses make it seem like I was saying it was ok for Belmo to use these flimsy bottles, when all I was doing was rebutting the suggestion to use stainless steel.
HS:763

#152702 - 06/23/11 02:22 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: Domokun]
Norm3v Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 34 M NJ US
Originally Posted By: Domokun
And now, the Statement To Anyone Listening:

http://bit.ly/iDq3mH

I read this the other day, I think the most interesting part is Belmo stating that the PBA officials are the ones that handed him the bottle. If that is true, and is true for all PBA events, then shouldn't we come down a little less harsh on him? If its an honest mistake, and yes those flimsy bottles need to be outlawed and those using them need to be penalized, then everyone needs to forgive him and move on. However, Rash's behavior was way out of line for any sport, not just bowling. I was a Rash fan in the beginning, but I'm seeing a downward trend in his behavior and I hope he turns it around before its too late. He is one of the few that will carry the league in the future, and an absolute natural on the lanes. I also hope Belmo is on the up and up with his comments because the PBA needs him right now as a worldwide spokesperson (yes people, bowling might actually be getting bigger elsewhere in the world on a public stage). With all of that said, any press is good press, and bowling needs all of the press it can get right now. We are only a few years removed from PDW crotch chopping the PBA into the mainstream media for the first time since probably his father did it many moons earlier (without the crotch chopping of course lol) and helping keep the PBA alive when it was barely resurrected.
- Lucid
- Tropical Heat Pearl (Red/Blue)

High Game: 300 (2)
High Series: 758
Average: 210

#152704 - 06/23/11 04:50 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: Norm3v]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Quote:

I read this the other day, I think the most interesting part is Belmo stating that the PBA officials are the ones that handed him the bottle.

Maybe next year they can just hand out fire crackers, that would be fun.

#152711 - 06/23/11 10:04 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Another note on the silence professional bowling and golf tries to maintain:

Realize that the hardest environment for a professional athlete to preform during is total and utter silence. Because its the most difficult way to preform, why not create the hardest environment possible for the pro's to preform during.

This is one of the big reasons it happens, to not "hear yourself thinking" you need ambient noise, by removing that it makes it very very difficult to shut your brain off.
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#152712 - 06/23/11 10:19 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
10PinGaloot Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 65/m/ Woodburn, OR
Originally Posted By: spillup24
When it is DEAD silent a slight noise like a bottle will bother a player.

Actually, a crinkle is the gift that keeps on giving. Once the other players got it in their headsthat they might possbily hear a crinkle during their shot, they probably started hearing or anticipating crinkles that didn't happen.
"I love the smell of lane conditioner in the morning!"
current avatar is Gabby Hayes. Looks a lot like me! smile

#152719 - 06/23/11 03:32 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
Fpurhe Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 20/M
I still question the use of this as advertising... The NFL doesn't put videos of Bill Belichick using recordings of another team's practice. The MLB doesn't put up videos of 95% of its players using steroids. So why should the PBA put up content that clearly violates their rules of conduct, and then post the video or something relating to it on Facebook at least once every day.

#152725 - 06/23/11 05:56 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
spillup24 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: Philadelphia, PA
Soccer kept showing that guy in the World cup a few years ago drive his head into the other players chest and basically lost them the world cup. I don't think that was for publicity and I am sure it violated there code of conduct.

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 10:12 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:39 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:32 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.