BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152590 - 06/20/11 10:27 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
10PinGaloot Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 65/m/ Woodburn, OR
Belmo could have started using a stainless steel water bottle after the first incident.

That he didn't shows where his head is at.

The fact that Belmo still uses potential noisemakers doesnt't excuse any "Rash" behavior.

BTW - Barnes uses a plastic water bottle without ever making noise.

Let's put this all behind us, Jason, by bringing a refillable, earth-friendly container with your favorite beverage when $50,000 is on the line.
"I love the smell of lane conditioner in the morning!"
current avatar is Gabby Hayes. Looks a lot like me! smile

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#152594 - 06/20/11 11:52 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
aoiten Offline
Legend

A/S/L: amerika ni sunde iru
Since there was one public incident, I think people are quicker to throw out nicknames and mention the bottle again, even if the bottle isn't the current problem.

I agree that Belmo should go with stainless steel. Better for the body and the environment anyway.

BTW, Belmo recently won the Melbourne Tenpin Cup...again.

If a water bottle is all it took, I'd have taking first place by now!

#152600 - 06/20/11 12:32 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: aoiten]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Originally Posted By: aoiten

I agree that Belmo should go with stainless steel. Better for the body and the environment anyway.

I'm pretty sure the PBA has rules about what type of container can be used especially on the telecasts. The bottle Belmo is constantly seen using is definitely of the cheaper variety and very flimsy. There are better made bottles that bottled water distributors use. They won't crinkle at the slightest touch and would probably solve this issue.
HS:763

#152619 - 06/20/11 09:37 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
10PinGaloot Offline
Legend

Originally Posted By: Calvin Pistorio
I'm pretty sure the PBA has rules about what type of container can be used especially on the telecasts.

It doesn't matter. The point isn't how he avoids using a crinkly bottle but that he stops using one.

#152661 - 06/21/11 05:29 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: 10PinGaloot]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Originally Posted By: 10PinGaloot
I'm pretty sure the PBA has rules about what type of container can be used especially on the telecasts.

It doesn't matter. The point isn't how he avoids using a crinkly bottle but that he stops using one.

Actually it does matter when some of the people in this thread say use a stainless steal container and if the PBA rules state it can only be a clear plastic bottle, not saying that's the exact rule. So the options are limited. It's either find other plastic bottles that are less flimsy, don't touch the bottle from the time his opponent steps up on the approach until after they throw the ball, or don't drink anything. I don't find the last one a a viable option.
HS:763

#152664 - 06/21/11 10:06 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
10PinGaloot Offline
Legend

It's either find other plastic bottles that are less flimsy, don't touch the bottle from the time his opponent steps up on the approach until after they throw the ball, or...

You see? That wasn't so hard.

Why is it so hard for Belmo to figure that out?
Stainless steel outlawed? So what!? We're talking about what's right and what's wrong, and what appears to be wrong.

In the case of anyone who's been caught with his hand in the cookie jar, the appearance of a repeat offense is just as damaging as an actual repeat offense.

Belmo would have been lots better off if he'd ditched the bottle.

#152666 - 06/22/11 07:55 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
I think the solution would be to make it a part of your pre-shot routine should you make it on TV:

1. Check the rack, always make sure the pins are on spot before you get up from your chair.

2. Dry your hands always dry your hands, the TV lights get warm and your hands will sweat. I hear they will be shooting in HD next year and you don't want a ball to slip out of your hand and fly into one of those babys.

3. wipes the oil off the ball after you pick it up so you don't get oil on your hands, see above for reason why.

4. Before stepping on the approach, walk over and smack the water bottle out of Belmo's hand into the 5th row of the crowd, it has to go at least 5 rows back or you will be hearing Belmo crinkle it before you let the ball go.

I hope this helps anyone who finds themselves bowling on TV against Belmo.

#152668 - 06/22/11 10:10 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
Domokun Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: male/DC Metro
And now, the Statement To Anyone Listening:

http://bit.ly/iDq3mH

Ebonite: Challenge, Exceed, Innovate
Storm/RG: Cell Pearl, Tropical Breeze

"Only NBC or CBS for me. New Ball Carry or Clean Ball Strikes. Channel 4 and 14 or nothing." -- D. Ryan

#152669 - 06/22/11 11:27 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: CoachJim]
The 5 board Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 18/m/Australia
Originally Posted By: CoachJim
I think the solution would be to make it a part of your pre-shot routine should you make it on TV:

1. Check the rack, always make sure the pins are on spot before you get up from your chair.

2. Dry your hands always dry your hands, the TV lights get warm and your hands will sweat. I hear they will be shooting in HD next year and you don't want a ball to slip out of your hand and fly into one of those babys.

3. wipes the oil off the ball after you pick it up so you don't get oil on your hands, see above for reason why.

4. Before stepping on the approach, walk over and smack the water bottle out of Belmo's hand into the 5th row of the crowd, it has to go at least 5 rows back or you will be hearing Belmo crinkle it before you let the ball go.

I hope this helps anyone who finds themselves bowling on TV against Belmo.

Maybe it's because it is 1am and I should be sleeping, as I have school tomorrow but your post made me laugh a ridiculous amount Coach, ahahaha.

Anyway, Rash is being fined for this incident.
http://news.pba.com/post/2011/6/22/PBA-S...d-Incident.aspx

Gear:
Track Spare
Hammer Vibe (Grape)
Columbia 300 Classic U2 (Waiting to be drilled)
Taboo Deep Purple (Waiting to be drilled)
Track 919c

#152672 - 06/22/11 02:34 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
tovarnak Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 24/M/Slovakia
its not like I am defending Belmo or whatever, but I developed basically same habit (but only in tournaments), when I am between shots I just like to get my bottle of water and drink a bit all the time. Maybe not even drink, but just wet my lips, it kinda helps me to focus more on what I am gonna do next.
Besides, its interesting to see how bowling "developed" in past few years. I just watched some telecast from 1998, crowd was loud, screaming and cheering for its favourite, and not a single f$&# was given. But today it needs to be dead silent in order to make bowlers comfortable what means that even smallest noise can distract those who cant block out environment. And that can lead to expressive language and anger.
#15 C300 Encounter
#15 Hammer Swagga
#15 DV8 Hellraiser
#15 Brunswick Slingshot
#15 Storm Anarchy
#15 Columbia 300 White Dot Blackberry

High score: 295

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 10:12 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:39 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:32 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.