BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152398 - 06/14/11 09:54 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
spillup24 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: Philadelphia, PA
They don't need four lanes of courtesy. It is a pair to the left and a pair to the right.

Regarding the noise...It is not even close to what we go through. During qualifying they go through the same noise we all do but on televeision everything is dead silent so the smallest of sounds will distract ANYBODY. That is why the crinkle of the water bottle bothered Rash just like it bothered Brad Angelo earlier in the season.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#152399 - 06/14/11 10:38 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
While I agree it's a slight noise and most of us bowl with more noise, it's still the unexpected noise in the middle of an approach that get's distracting. When someone does it on purpose it's just unsportsmanlike. It's just like someone yelling really loudly in league when you are in the middle of a shot. It can be distracting.
HS:763

#152402 - 06/14/11 11:57 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
VFF57 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 50's/M/NJ
Maybe they need background music during the events instead of dead silence.

Speaking of distractions we had a mini power failure during league last night. One of our team members was releasing a ball exactly when the lights went out. It didn't affect his shot.

Another distraction is this big girls bra ad here that popped up in my face. I almost forgot what I was posting about...lol
-------------------------
Motiv: Raptor P7
MoRich: Aggressive Motion
Storm: VG,Crossroad,NP
Hammer: Spike,Psycho,Raw Anger,
Cherry Vibe,Taboo Plastic/Spare,
Black Hammer
Columbia: White Dot

#152403 - 06/14/11 12:07 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: VFF57]
aoiten Offline
Legend

A/S/L: amerika ni sunde iru
Originally Posted By: VFF57
Maybe they need background music during the events instead of dead silence.

Right. Maybe the music they use when someone strikes can be played while the person is taking a turn.

Why didn't Belmo complain about Rash's outburst when Rash got a strike? Isn't that distracting?

I will say things out loud after my shot, but then my pre-frontal cortex kicks in and I wonder if I distracted anyone. Then I feel bad. heh

#152406 - 06/14/11 01:13 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
On a related note, I think this summer series is going to be really good TV. From the PR stuff that was released the atmosphere is totally different this year with every team taking it really seriously. Some big games, and of course Water Bottle Gate II.

While Baker isn't my favorite format, I do really enjoy the idea of teams. I think it would be cool if the main PBA season had some kind of team aspect to it even if it was just brand bragging rights, regional bragging rights, etc.

#152410 - 06/14/11 03:04 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
AmpleSound Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 34/M/CO
Originally Posted By: spillup24
They don't need four lanes of courtesy. It is a pair to the left and a pair to the right.

I was merely reflecting on the 2nd video that was posted. lol
Columbia Plastic - (Spares/Dry)

My best:
HGS - 300
HSS - 769

#152414 - 06/14/11 09:48 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: aoiten]
Sevens Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 24/m/mn
Originally Posted By: aoiten

Why didn't Belmo complain about Rash's outburst when Rash got a strike? Isn't that distracting?

Probably because belmo knows what he is doing, I've heard from a couple different people who have seen matchplay that belmo is pretty notorious for sportsmanship like this. Rash just decided to play back instead of getting [censored] like angelo did.

That and belmo was still sitting down with his bottle when Rash said it lol

#152415 - 06/14/11 10:30 PM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: Sevens]
aoiten Offline
Legend

A/S/L: amerika ni sunde iru
Originally Posted By: Sevens

That and belmo was still sitting down with his bottle when Rash said it lol

Haha, right. I was referring to the second video though. The one about their "history."

If all of Belmo's opponents were to wear ear plugs, would they suddenly bowl better? haha

I'm sure they all play games to some degree.

#152420 - 06/15/11 01:44 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
ebon betta Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 54/m/nyc /ny2
isn't a pair to the left and a pair to the right four lanes ????

#152421 - 06/15/11 02:32 AM Re: Water Bottle Part II - Rash Screams at Belmo [Re: spillup24]
J_w73 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37/M/Northern CA
There are only two conclusions. Either Belmo is an idiot and doesn't know how to hold a water bottle without it cracking or he is a complete a$$hole and doing it on purpose.

I'm guessing the 2nd because I don't buy his original explanation against Angelo of how he just was holding the top and the bottle popped on its own. Because that is not what happened. If you go back and watch the video he clearly squeezes the bottle. He either squeezed it to get a grip to unscrew it or he squeezed it to make a noise. There isn't any other conclusions that can be made.

Regarding the 2nd video on this post with Rash. Here is how I see it. Rash was up and ready to shoot and Belmo gets up and lets his chair swing free and slam. He also slaps it with his hand. That is why Rash stepped down.

And then he is jumping up and down for no reason while Rash is on the approach the 2nd time.

I think Belmo knows exactly what he is doing and that is why he sat down after his first shot and jumped up when he did...

Book Average 220

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 10:12 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:39 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:32 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.