BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152287 - 06/11/11 09:18 AM Jordan rolls a 732 at State Team Finals
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
Another proud dad post, Jordan's State team finals were last night and he did terrific. He has been in quite a slump lately having release and other issues, and his coach is out of town.

So he has been working with coach Jim through PM and boy did it help.

He started with a 2 open 208, then went clean for a 257 strung front 5, then turned around with stringing the front 5 again clean 267! Both games he left a solid 8 pin in the sixth frame. It was really fun for me other parents was coming over and watching him, I was so proud.

I am not sure what him and coach Jim have been working on but his ball shape was incredible. He started with his mission in warm ups but was hooking it off the lane so he switched to his Heat. He was playing 12 out to 4 everyone else the first game was playing up 5 to get to the pocket with much stronger equipment.

His swing looked smoother then I have sen it in months. Hopefully it continues for doubles and singles tomorrow.
Mutant Cell

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#152289 - 06/11/11 10:09 AM Re: Jordan rolls a 732 at State Team Finals [Re: Rocket]
tbill Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: 42/m/ny
that's awesome!! hope it continues, go get 'em jordan!
working on all of them......

track 930T [15]

member of the mooseknuckles winter vl team

#152293 - 06/11/11 11:25 AM Re: Jordan rolls a 732 at State Team Finals [Re: Rocket]
Richie V. Offline
Virtual League Secretary,
Virtual League Champion x4

A/S/L: 51/M/Brockton, MA
Rocket, I'll say this again...I wish you could mark posts with a "Like" (but for the forums, not Facebook), and this post definitely deserves it. Like Jordan, I've been working a bit with Jim recently, and I'm finding some success b/c I have a 192 average so far this summer. laugh
IQ Tour Fusion
Reign of Fire
Tropical Breeze
Fast
T-Zone

Career Highs
Avg.: 197 (Summer 2008)
Book: 186
Series: 707
Game: 288

Current
Brunswick Mixed - Avg: 171 HS: 558 HG: 233
Composite avg. (w/ Sun. night sub): 172

The Tenth Board: My bowling blog
Richie's BowlSK profile

#152314 - 06/12/11 04:38 AM Re: Jordan rolls a 732 at State Team Finals [Re: Richie V.]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

Thanks guys, Yeah Richie Jordans not saying much on what he is working on, hes says this is the year he wants to learn how to feel and see on his own when he needs to change something so I have to back off a bit so hes not so dependent on me.

Hard to do to lol. At this tournament he wouldnt even look my way because he knew I would probably signal something, and I probably would have.

Any way here's his team picture, I wouldn't be able to focus at all if my team was this cute.

Edited by Rocket (06/12/11 04:39 AM)
Mutant Cell

#152318 - 06/12/11 08:57 AM Re: Jordan rolls a 732 at State Team Finals [Re: Rocket]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
We really haven't been working on much because I didn't want him changing anything right before going into tournament competition, I would love to take some credit for Jordan's success, but truthfully we haven't done much besides go over swing thoughts and look at the www.nextlevelbowling.com tips with Norm Duke.

I wish Jordan and his teammates good luck in singles and doubles today.

#152337 - 06/12/11 10:26 PM Re: Jordan rolls a 732 at State Team Finals [Re: CoachJim]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

Ok That explains what his mom was telling me about him being on his knee and pushing the ball on the floor, I never put 2 and 2 together.

He had me do a video of him warming up so I bet I know another thing you are working on, keeping the balance arm down lane. As soon as he reviewed his video after warm up he mentioned out loud oh OK have to work on that balance arm. From then on it was down lane.

He did well today Dbls he shot 212,216,228 all clean using his heat which was hooking hard by the 3rd frame of the first game. His partner Kaleigh went 192,190,203 They were in 3rd when we left with 2 shifts to go.

Singles he went 215, clean 201, 1 open, and 224 clean and using his plastic for the whole game. Game 2 of the singles he was standing 35 hitting 22 break point 10 and about as deep as he could get it but still going Brooklyn that was what caused the open 4, 10 split in the 8th I believe.

With plastic he was standing 20 hitting 10 pretty much straight up and it was breaking nice to the pocket I believe he strung six.

Like I said before he looks so much smoother I could actually see when his swing was totally freed up and for not being a cranker his ball was covering a lot of boards. Thanks for the help and all the comments. I will get the video up tomorrow although it is just warmups and from behind only. Oh yeah he got tons of comments and compliments tournament director came over and told me he could see his love for the sport in his eyes. Ok time to go deflate my head lol.
Mutant Cell

#152348 - 06/13/11 06:56 AM Re: Jordan rolls a 732 at State Team Finals [Re: Rocket]
Handful Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 32/male/St Pete, FL/ usa
Originally Posted By: Rocket
, I wouldn't be able to focus at all if my team was this cute.

Jordan.... the ladies man.

Just kidding kid, good bowling.
Slingshot

#152352 - 06/13/11 08:54 AM Re: Jordan rolls a 732 at State Team Finals [Re: Rocket]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
That is great, congrats to Jordan and to you Rocket!

On a side note, weren't you just talking about that Mission starting to lose that "pop" and here it was hooking off the lane smile ? lol
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#152353 - 06/13/11 09:14 AM Re: Jordan rolls a 732 at State Team Finals [Re: Rocket]
AmpleSound Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 34/M/CO
That's great news, not to mention a great outing for all aspects of the tournament! Congrats to your son, and yourself there Rocket.
Columbia Plastic - (Spares/Dry)

My best:
HGS - 300
HSS - 769

#152381 - 06/13/11 09:10 PM Re: Jordan rolls a 732 at State Team Finals [Re: AmpleSound]
Rocket Jr Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 18/M/Ohio
Thanks, all yeah Sk8 just easier to blame the ball. blush
Coach Jims tips helped a ton and I remembered something my coach told me a long time ago to try to stay ahead of the move.

Luckily there was a good bowler ahead of me playing the same line so I read how his ball was breaking and going off the deck which made me feel more confident in adjusting before my ball told me to. I really feel that gave me a few extra strikes. Dad was flipping out though, I would throw a strike one frame then the next time on that lane make a 2 board move Dad thought I forgot where I was standing. Guess I am going to have to coach him up! Lol

Like I said before I am really lucky to have parents that support and look out for me. Good coaching, a house that bends over backwards for me and of course this forum.

Jordan

Edited by Rocket Jr (06/13/11 09:12 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 10:42 AM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Mkirchie - 10/21/18 07:57 AM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.