BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#151805 - 05/25/11 01:30 PM whos returning to their fall leagues ?
nythesuperior Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 25 m uniondale NY
how many people are going to return to their fall leagues this september? i think well be finding a new league. the one we were on this year 1st place didnt even get enough to cover the years fees and we had 18 teams! one of our guys didnt come in till week 8 or 9 and the president said he would get all the prize money as long as he paid the back fees. the treasurer showed him what he needed to pay and it was written in the envolope. well at the end of the last night his prize money is short. you can see on the envolpe ware it says that he paid everything he was supposed to pay to get the equal share. we told this to the treasurer and the president the president again agredd that he deserved all the money and the treasurer said he didnt even though it showed on the envolpe that he was all paid up. she goes it doesnt matter what the president said hes wrong . so we asked ware is the rest of the prize money that he payed in then who does that go to? her answer was that none of your concern. well deffinitly be finding a new league in september. one with people who know how to run it and with a descent prize fund.
#16 Storm Virtual Gravity NANO
#16 columbia white dot

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#151811 - 05/25/11 02:15 PM Re: whos returning to their fall leagues ? [Re: nythesuperior]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
In regards to the whole league officer issue, I can understand as I've dealt with my fair share of corrupt officers, officers that didn't know or do their job or just don't care. In your case the President was right, as long as the prize fund portion for that spot is paid in full the bowler in question is entitled to a full share.

As for the prize fund, if things are being ran correctly, you can only blame the bowlers in the league. The prize fund is suppose to be voted on by the league. By week 5 or 6 there should be at least 3 proposed prize funds turned in by bowlers in the league appointed by the league president. These proposed prize funds should be passed through the league. In all of my leagues your team writes the team number on the back of the prize fund they liked the best and majority rules.

In the leagues I've been in, I've rarely seen a prize fund that the team that takes first gets everything back they put in and I've been in leagues with 10 teams to 48 teams. In my most recent league there were 47 teams and I think first for a half got $250 a person. I was once in a men's league that the same team took first place for both halves and only walked away with around $600 a person and the bowlers over the course of the year put out $720 a piece in league fees, but not even half of that went into the prize fund.

Most of the times the most evenly distributed prize list is what wins since many teams know they won't be at the top so won't vote for the top heavy prize list, and almost no one wants a bottom heavy prize fund.

As for the main question, I am returning to my fall/winter league. I had to step away from it and give my spot up after October due to eye surgery and then not knowing what was going on work wise when I was cleared for physical activity. I did fill in on my team a few times and subbed for a friend's team a few times.
HS:763

#151813 - 05/25/11 02:24 PM Re: whos returning to their fall leagues ? [Re: nythesuperior]
nythesuperior Offline
Bracket Donor

i think next year were going to look for a 4 person team this year was 3
#16 columbia white dot

#151815 - 05/25/11 02:27 PM Re: whos returning to their fall leagues ? [Re: nythesuperior]
nythesuperior Offline
Bracket Donor

we putin 900 per person and we finished in the middle and got back around 250. last year on a different league we finsihed lower with less teams and got more money lol. your right the league did vote on wich fund to pick. but i remember we even had to revote after we picked one because they said they figuered it out wrong when they drew it up.
#16 columbia white dot

#151818 - 05/25/11 05:44 PM Re: whos returning to their fall leagues ? [Re: nythesuperior]
D-Money Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 29/m/Baltimore,MD
I will be returning to my fall league. I'm sorry about your unfortunate situation with the prize fund. I've had the same league treasurer since I started bowling about 12 years ago. Just so happens that the treasurer is also my dad. I've heard of situations like what have experienced, some even worse. Hope you find a great league the fall.

#151819 - 05/25/11 05:54 PM Re: whos returning to their fall leagues ? [Re: nythesuperior]
mmalsed Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 43/M/Riverside, CA
it's very likely that we'll be returning after summer. In fact, the only reasons we're taking summer off are that I tore a ligament in my knee and my M-in-law is getting carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists (one at a time. . .)

But this league is traditional with us - they've been bowling in it for a Looooooooooong time. laugh

16# IQ Tour Pearl/16# Crux/16# Marvel S/15#White Dot

"Gotta kick at the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight"

#151827 - 05/25/11 09:37 PM Re: whos returning to their fall leagues ? [Re: nythesuperior]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
My team is still up in the air if we are returning or not. There is a Friday night league that is much better than my Monday night league but I am trying figure out my daughters girl scout schedule. This year, it was Friday nights. Next year, supposedly, it will be during the week. I am waiting to confirm that before I make a commitment. Either way, my team is staying in tact.

#151830 - 05/25/11 10:45 PM Re: whos returning to their fall leagues ? [Re: nythesuperior]
6_ball_man Offline
2X Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 60/m/downtown churchville
I will definitely return the the singles league that competes on Saturday afternoon (ths). There was some discussion on whether my 4 man team would return to the Tuesday night tough shot league, but I think we are returning...if not I will have to pick up something else.
Hammer Onyx Vibe (original)
Rotogrip Winner - box
Elite Gold Label
Storm Polar Ice - 4k+polish

equipment list too

#151834 - 05/26/11 12:14 AM Re: whos returning to their fall leagues ? [Re: 6_ball_man]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
One ting is for sure. I will NOT bowl 5 nights a week again. I thought I had it arranged correctly for a Mon/Wed/Fri week. But, I got talked into taking over as a sub, then permanent bowler on Tues and Thurs as well. That was a bad choice and killed me. I did get a few extra sheckles, though.

I will return to the Monday league, but on a different team. We will return on Wed with 4 of the 5 bowlers the same. Fri is definitely out. Got other things to do on Fri.

I will sub on Tues, but not Thurs. The tues team is a bunch of friends and a lot more appealing.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#151835 - 05/26/11 12:17 AM Re: whos returning to their fall leagues ? [Re: 6_ball_man]
greggas Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: m/columbus, ohio
i haven't missed a night on my thursday league for over 13 years. i don't see myself quitting any time soon. thumbsup

USBC# 1840-6702

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLwkXynB73M4IevAEa6TchkZSAeBr50Hs

"2 wrongs don't make a right,...... but 3 lefts do"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Quitting my League
by Mkirchie - 05/28/20 10:19 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.