BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#151505 - 05/15/11 03:40 PM Looking for improvement
Michael Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 31/m/Netherlands
Hi there,

After 2 years of destroying my game i wanted to give it a good effort. I had to re-learn a lot of things and am still busy smile

I found this on my laptop and thought i would show it. It was taken with a bad recorder and is my first upload so don't be cruel about it please.

It's only one throw. But it was during league and not many time to record.

I know i throw the ball way to far on the lane and there are many other things.

But maybe you can spot something.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#151516 - 05/15/11 11:32 PM Re: Looking for improvement [Re: Michael]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
You are moving the ball before you move your left foot, this causes you to run after the ball to catch up. The next thing that is happening is your feet are running past where they should be to be in time with the ball and you are then pulling the ball down before it reaches the top of the back swing.

To fix this start the ball and your left foot at the same time and take normal walking pace to the line, and just let the ball swing your arm.

#151517 - 05/16/11 12:26 AM Re: Looking for improvement [Re: Michael]
Michael Offline
Junior

Thanks for the reply

Thats 100% true, i do that on purpose. My ball speed was very low before. 12.4 mph (had to use an online convertor). And now it's up to 16.5 mph.

We do not have real coaches where we live and the best power bowler at our center told me this. ( I would love to be a power bowler myself).

He did tell me my first two steps are to long.

So i should go back to doing it at the same time?

#151521 - 05/16/11 09:14 AM Re: Looking for improvement [Re: Michael]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
There is a long road to become a power bowler (at least to do it properly, most power bowlers don't), it is up to you to take the first step.

If you watch every bowler on tour, you will not see any of them start the ball before they take their first step. The only one I can think of that is even close is Rhino Page, but he has long arms and short legs, so he has to get the ball moving quickly.

The problem with running past the ball like you do is you are pulling the ball down before it gets to the "zero" gravity point in the swing. When this happens you turn the ball early and kill the revs at the point of release because your fingers aren't rotating through the ball after the thumb exits the ball.

Let your swing go on it's own without forcing it, feel the "zero gravity" point at the top of the back swing and let the ball fall from the top on it's own without pulling on it. Get your timing right before trying to become a power player. When you are ready, post another video from behind and from the side so I can see your swing and timing.

#151535 - 05/16/11 01:27 PM Re: Looking for improvement [Re: CoachJim]
Michael Offline
Junior

Thanks again for your reply. Your help is much appreciated.

You are correct, whom ever i see they never push the ball out and then walk after it. I am going to train now but don't have a camera at hand.

I do have problems with turning early so i will see if this fixes that problem as well

When i get it down smile i will tape and post it.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
End of Days
by steveA - 10/16/19 06:00 PM
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by BOSStull - 10/04/19 06:17 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.