BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#151352 - 05/11/11 07:18 PM Re: Frustrated at practice thursday took video today . [Re: DocLogic77]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
Ok thanks again all, i do not try to cup the ball consciously but I do try to stay under behind the ball so that makes sense that maybe I am trying to get under/behind from the get go.

Sk you rang a bell in my head and I bet there is a old post running around here somewhere from me where I was working with a coach last year and he taught me to walk by the ball. I can remember part of that was keep the shape of the swing.

Looks like practice tomorrow night is going to be superseded by work hoping to get there Saturday or Sunday and work on this I will get some video then.
Mutant Cell

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#151487 - 05/14/11 12:08 PM Re: Frustrated at practice thursday took video today . [Re: Rocket]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
Update, practiced last night with Jordan dang batteries were dead in my camera, someone borrowed my extra set for his xbox controller but I wont mention names. He did take a video with the cell phone but it was to far away and fuzzy for any real critique.

So took some advice got my fit checked by 2 different pro shops both agreed looked really good, did add a piece of tape.

First thing I worked on was the shape of my downswing just kept taking steps and made sure left hand did the work and I extended fully. Then two steps etc. When that felt good started throwing full shots with Jordan and another person watching. According to them I am much better straight until I start the down swing then I get a bit of a bend, so I must still have a timing issue and I am pulling it down through.

Another issue I noticed from the video I posted on my back swing I was letting the ball get out to the right so I also focused on the swing slot as well.

The shape of my shots did come back to the way they were a couple of weeks ago so that was a plus but I also had really good shots when I did it exactly right only way I can describe it is everything felt effort less on those particular shots.

I have still decided to skip the PBA experience league and work on this issue all summer so I will be primed for fall.

Thanks again for all the tips and I will get some video up as I progress.
Mutant Cell

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
End of Days
by steveA - 10/16/19 06:00 PM
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by BOSStull - 10/04/19 06:17 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.