BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#150647 - 04/24/11 11:22 AM My Son Playing around with his new Black Ice
slaterracing Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 36/M/Adel, Iowa, USA
Well Connor saved up all his birthday money up and got himself a black ice for a spare ball but he also likes to throw it 2 handed now and then just for fun. Here is a shot of him throwing it.

Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#150650 - 04/24/11 11:47 AM Re: My Son Playing around with his new Black Ice [Re: slaterracing]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
He's got a pretty good two-handed shot there. Looks like he has to get the timing down a little better to get the shot more smooth, but other than that, very nice.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#150652 - 04/24/11 11:51 AM Re: My Son Playing around with his new Black Ice [Re: slaterracing]
slaterracing Offline

ya he does OK with it. I try to get him not to throw it often but he likes doing it so much lol. He wants to be like Belmo and Osku. Oh well as long as he is bowling and having fun and getting better it is all good with me.
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#150658 - 04/24/11 01:36 PM Re: My Son Playing around with his new Black Ice [Re: slaterracing]
aoiten Offline
Legend

A/S/L: amerika ni sunde iru
Originally Posted By: slaterracing
ya he does OK with it. I try to get him not to throw it often but he likes doing it so much lol. He wants to be like Belmo and Osku. Oh well as long as he is bowling and having fun and getting better it is all good with me.

If it's more fun, proven to be effective, and not proven to be harmful, why discourage it? DEVELOP IT! Really, the more people doubt the style, the more rewarding it is to become proficient at it.

In my case, being right-handed, I enjoy taking out right-corner spares because they require accuracy and a straighter shot. Abilities that are not expected of casual two-handers.

#150663 - 04/24/11 06:28 PM Re: My Son Playing around with his new Black Ice [Re: aoiten]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
I agree if he can figure out how to control that look out!Best part is he wont have to buy the strongest ball on the market to be competitive either.
Mutant Cell

#150667 - 04/24/11 07:02 PM Re: My Son Playing around with his new Black Ice [Re: slaterracing]
aoiten Offline
Legend

Good work, saving up for something he wanted.

If Connor decides to pursue two-handing more seriously... Number one: Learn to make that plastic ball go _straight_. Switching to one hand for spares might be an option for someone like Osku, but it should not be necessary.

Edited by aoiten (04/24/11 07:04 PM)

#150669 - 04/24/11 07:20 PM Re: My Son Playing around with his new Black Ice [Re: slaterracing]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 45 m
Hey Slater, I wanna bowl like Belmo and Osku too lol!!!

You are so lucky that your son shares an interest in bowling, don't discourage him from trying to choose his style for him.. If he wants to throw 2 handed, great, one handed great..

Re his technique, not to shabby at all, still very young, and new to 2 handed.. I won't review his tech, but it certainly appears like he could give the 2 handed tech a fair shake of the stick.. AND hes a leftie WHOO HOO, not necessarily a bad thing, less traffic, perhaps slightly more readable/reliable THS lines, just my take on it.

PS Love the name Connor, it's my eldest boy's name...

It's all good mate....

#150671 - 04/24/11 08:25 PM Re: My Son Playing around with his new Black Ice [Re: slaterracing]
kwik8 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/m/Md
Looks like he is having fun, and if he wants to throw it two handed then develope it. I just don't think you need to with how hard the new stuff hits

#150690 - 04/25/11 08:56 AM Re: My Son Playing around with his new Black Ice [Re: slaterracing]
slaterracing Offline

He has fun bowling both ways so that is why i let him do both. I think he likes 2 handed more just because he can get a bigger hook out of it :-) But how ever he wants to do it he can. I am just happy he likes to go out and bowl with me all the time. We are signed up for a doubles league this summer which should be fun. Will be the first time we are in leagues with each other.
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#150699 - 04/25/11 11:06 AM Re: My Son Playing around with his new Black Ice [Re: slaterracing]
aoiten Offline
Legend

Originally Posted By: slaterracing
He has fun bowling both ways so that is why i let him do both. I think he likes 2 handed more just because he can get a bigger hook out of it :-) But how ever he wants to do it he can. I am just happy he likes to go out and bowl with me all the time. We are signed up for a doubles league this summer which should be fun. Will be the first time we are in leagues with each other.

Brilliant! The league should be fun. My son enjoyed being in a doubles league with me and beating my average by 5 pins and out bowling many of the other adults. (At the start of that 16-week league is when I made the switch to two-handing.) He was also less distracted because he wasn't bouncing around with other kids, which is the benefit of a youth league. ^_^

Not likely to happen over the summer, but sometimes another team or coach will say that a player cannot switch between one hand and two. Not true. So don't let the kid be bullied. heh

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.