BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#150523 - 04/21/11 11:00 PM Bad video of Jordan
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
For once we were bowling on the same pair at practice and I didn't have my darn camera. I took this with my cell phone its dark and sideways but I think you can tell how far out he was playing his heat on a freshly laid THS. Oh and he beat me this week lol.

Mutant Cell

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#150538 - 04/22/11 10:43 AM Re: Bad video of Jordan [Re: Rocket]
Time-To-Roll Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: female, Port Angeles Wa. right...
Bad video but good bowler.

Jordan seems to be very relaxed, that may be his key to success. Do you and Jordan have the Norm Duke DVD? I have it and feel it is a big help to getting better at this game.

Edited by Time-To-Roll (04/22/11 10:49 AM)

#150543 - 04/22/11 11:59 AM Re: Bad video of Jordan [Re: Rocket]
AmpleSound Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 34/M/CO
Just a couple things, in my opinion, that will help him. His push away seems kind of controlled, which could be the culprit in his elbow flaring out during his follow through. Just my two cents.
Columbia Plastic - (Spares/Dry)

My best:
HGS - 300
HSS - 769

#150547 - 04/22/11 12:19 PM Re: Bad video of Jordan [Re: AmpleSound]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
I think he'd benefit from a bit more knee bend and also if he bowled with his left hand. That is to say, start his pushaway or swinging-hinge or whatever he uses with his left hand. It should reduce some tension and allow him to bowl a little better and consistent, in my opinion.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#150551 - 04/22/11 01:19 PM Re: Bad video of Jordan [Re: Rocket]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
For some reason in my head I pictured him with a Fagan high backswing.

Does he use or has he tried the Mo Pinel shift bowling technique?

#150556 - 04/22/11 02:16 PM Re: Bad video of Jordan [Re: B-Hammer]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

Thanks all for the comments. Time to roll: No right now no DVD's but he has been reading up on some for now mostly notes from here and his coach.

Ample good eye, His coach is working with him on the push away he says if Jordan can break that habit he should totally be able to free that swing up. Also you may notice he has a tendency to roll his shoulders in like slouching another issue he is ironing out,

Demo, I never noticed the left hand position. he has actually been working on that and normally after dropping the ball he points it down lane until starting the release and that has improved his power and revs as well. Knee bend has been an on going battle a collage coach recently told him that the knee bend was becoming something they felt male bowlers could use less of but his coach wants the knee bend so he is a bit confused on that subject. Also I failed to mention he did not have his Dexters on he took them out to clean them and used a pair of etonics he borrowed from his friend so his slide is messed up to.

B Hammer No Mo pinel we will have to look that up. His coach recently shortened his back swing up he was forcing it higher. If you notice he starts his ball low for now his coach is slowly opening up back up to try to get that freeness.

Thanks again for all the comments
Mutant Cell

#150563 - 04/22/11 06:54 PM Re: Bad video of Jordan [Re: Rocket]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

Rocket, I'd say to go with that slide. Unless this college coach is from one of the big bowling schools, I would say go with the coach who's been teaching him. Also the slide will allow him to do a lot more and save his joints so much. Anytime I hear somebody say they thinking about not having a slide I direct them to Tommy Jones how is a high rev and speed player that has a such a smooth slide and is on balance that it allows him to have a smooth release and get all those revs and speed. As for the shoulders, it's Jordan trying to get his body lower. Easily solved with a getting low with his legs.

Yeah the left arm is the arm that righties are supposed to bowl with according to Norm Duke. It's the O-line of bowling. Makes the right arm look good but bares all the weight of the ball and does all the work in relieving tension in the right arm. After it leaves the ball it should travel to be parallel with his slide leg for about a step, then out in front of him as the slide approaches and then whip it to the side for its finishing position.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#150565 - 04/22/11 07:22 PM Re: Bad video of Jordan [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

Sorry Demo I must not have not been clear, when he has his shoes he does slide the pair he borrowed from his friend because his weren't in his locker was giving him fits. Trust me I am a planter and hate it I definitely dont want that for him.

What you are saying about his balance arm is his normal I wish I would have caught on to what he was doing while we were bowling to point it out haven't seen him not point down lane with it for a long time not sure why he was doing it and why I missed it.

As far as the collage coach goes I am not sure what collage he was from he is a friend of Jordans pro I was not there when he was watching him.

Mutant Cell

#150582 - 04/23/11 01:17 AM Re: Bad video of Jordan [Re: Rocket]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

Oh no, I understood what you meant, but you said that the one coach told him not to slide as much is all I meant. It is very hard to slide when you don't have the shoes you're used to. Also, it's tough to train your balance arm to do that motion and create the right angles with your body if you aren't used to it.

#150586 - 04/23/11 08:28 AM Re: Bad video of Jordan [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

Lol, Ok now I see the confusion by knee bend I thought you were talking at setup not slide, he used to have a bigger knee bend when he setup.
Mutant Cell

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - Today at 04:35 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by Dennis Michael - Today at 01:00 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - Today at 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - Today at 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.